Why does Taylor always play the victim in her music videos?

I mean, she might played a victim before Kim and Ye drama but since then, she's been always right and proved to be right when she called out Ye and Kim. The way they manipulated everything and stuff. And I mean, look at her squad during 1989 era and the way most people quickly turned their backs on her when that Kim shyt happened. She knows stuff and ever since she dropped rep, she's been mostly right. That Scooter drama could not have been avoided because without that her re-recording would not have so much impact I guess, so here you go. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

• Love 3
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Groundbreaking said:

Also, once you get into that feeling that you are always right and people around you are only there to get you, life starts proving you right, so the more she played the victim, the more opportunities she saw because that was what she was focused on. It's simple. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

I mean, she could make looking like a victim look so good like this ...

This is absolutely true. She basically represents the worst side of being white: full of resources and opportunities but playing the victim to keep winning and buying people's love and attention. It's one (very smart) way of keeping power and control on their side.

And I don't care if she's right; it's the way she sells and profits that and makes it the salient aspect of her personality and artistic persona.

• Love 1
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

This is absolutely true. She basically represents the worst side of being white: full of resources and opportunities but playing the victim to keep winning and buying people's love and attention. It's one (very smart) way of keeping power and control on their side.

And I don't care if she's right; it's the way she sells and profits that and makes it the salient aspect of her personality and artistic persona.

Erm, she hasn't been taken seriously in the music industry first even though she wrote most of her music herself. Then she got into mainstream pop and still, despite almost all the pop girls these days not writing their own songs, she did and still wasn't taken seriously and had this can't dance, can't sing, can't perform, is a white chick **** hanging over her head.

All she does is reflect the negativity and bull**** she gets from media and her own manager back then. And she takes the reigns.

In my book she's become a boss ***** by making making a several number one hits by reflecting what media writes about her.

It's clever:ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black:

• Love 6

She's a woman, and I'm sorry if the money is good, why would anybody stop. 

Just read a billboard article.  The way she's charging tickets up to 2K, actually makes it harder on second hand sites and scalping to go higher than her asking price. 

Meaning for anybody to resell their tickets. It would have to double or triple the actual price to make a profit back after originally buying them

A ticket to eras tour is from 100 to 2000 k depending on the seat of the stadium. 

15 minutes ago, pieceofphil said:

Erm, she hasn't been taken seriously in the music industry first even though she wrote most of her music herself. Then she got into mainstream pop and still, despite almost all the pop girls these days not writing their own songs, she did and still wasn't taken seriously and had this can't dance, can't sing, can't perform, is a white chick **** hanging over her head.

All she does is reflect the negativity and bull**** she gets from media and her own manager back then. And she takes the reigns.

In my book she's become a boss ***** by making making a several number one hits by reflecting what media writes about her.

It's clever:ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black:

Listen, I'm not taking all her long list of accomplishments away from her. She's definitely super smart and hardworking. If the media give her a hard time it's because she's a woman, and society cannot stand a woman with power and in control (Britney, hello...). But I hate how she constantly wraps it all up in this "I'm a super sweet super humble super respectful and thoughtful and relatable human being" attitude in the public eye when in fact she's incredibly privileged, so no wonder she accomplishes all that. If anything, she took advantage of all that and made profit out of it, which is not always the case, and is not a bad thing either. But she should at least acknowledge that (and definitely NOT act like she's freaking Cinderella OUT OF ALL CHARACTERS). Otherwise, she makes it seem like she's this tiny little beautiful sparkly thing that's calmly and nonchalantly going around the world being successful and breaking records just because people happen to love her and somehow she's lucky every single time..... What?

PS: And I have a serious problem with her songwriting.

*All Swifties gasp, one of them faints*

*waits a few minutes for everybody to calm down.....resumes*

....I think she should write books, not songs. She cannot open her mouth and start SPEAK-singing for 4 minutes straight. Girl, filter your words, choose them carefully, pay attention to how each word and syllable sounds. It's not just about the meaning of words and phrases and sentences but also about their MUSICALITY. She just vomits them non-stop. That's definitely storytelling, but I don't think the song format is right for everything she has to say.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

She's a woman, and I'm sorry if the money is good, why would anybody stop. 

Just read a billboard article.  The way she's charging tickets up to 2K, actually makes it harder on second hand sites and scalping to go higher than her asking price. 

Meaning for anybody to resell their tickets. It would have to double or triple the actual price to make a profit back after originally buying them

A ticket to eras tour is from 100 to 2000 k depending on the seat of the stadium. 

...so you're saying that instead of Taylor letting resellers rob her fans, she decided to be a smart businesswoman and rob them herself?

And on top of that we should love and applaud her for that, right? Therefore, she's fantastic and so sweet and thoughtful towards her fans once more. And of course, resellers are evil and she's the victim of the music business once again...

• Love 1
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Listen, I'm not taking all her long list of accomplishments away from her. She's definitely super smart and hardworking. If the media give her a hard time it's because she's a woman, and society cannot stand a woman with power and in control (Britney, hello...). But I hate how she constantly wraps it all up in this "I'm a super sweet super humble super respectful and thoughtful and relatable human being" attitude in the public eye when in fact she's incredibly privileged, so no wonder she accomplishes all that. If anything, she took advantage of all that and made profit out of it, which is not always the case, and is not a bad thing either. But she should at least acknowledge that (and definitely NOT act like she's freaking Cinderella OUT OF ALL CHARACTERS). Otherwise, she makes it seem like she's this tiny little beautiful sparkly thing that's calmly and nonchalantly going around the world being successful and breaking records just because people happen to love her and somehow she's lucky every single time..... What?

PS: And I have a serious problem with her songwriting.

*All Swifties gasp, one of them faints*

*waits a few minutes for everybody to calm down.....resumes*

....I think she should write books, not songs. She cannot open her mouth and start SPEAK-singing for 4 minutes straight. Girl, filter your words, choose them carefully, pay attention to how each word and syllable sounds. It's not just about the meaning of words and phrases and sentences but also about their MUSICALITY. She just vomits them non-stop. That's definitely storytelling, but I don't think the song format is right for everything she has to say.

But if she speaks out because she's literate enough to speak on things that others can't it's whining... Kay agree to disagree.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.