Britney clarifies she wasn't referring to Selena Gomez: I genuinely look up to and respect Selena

I could swear Britney has mentioned Kelis and "Milkshake" at least once before... She really seems to love that song and video, which was produced by Pharrell (a couple of years after they worked on "Slave) so I can see how she gravitates towards it. But Britney was really mad at Selena a few weeks/months ago, so even though she might not have been talking about her this time around, it's weird seeing Britney talk about her so kindly all of a sudden. I mean, we can love and hate things about the same person, but what a change! She was dragging her nonstop not long ago...

Guys please come on, we love Britney but don't let her gaslight y'all lol

There's no lollipop on milshake and kelis never did this speech please she literally mentioned Selena's speech.

I never ever made a bad comment about Britney social media posts and she's free to post her naked pictures but this random rant about someone so harmless is bizarre and not healthy.

• Love 4
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, screamurlungsout said:

what has been going on with her recently i’m so confused?? fat shaming xtina and constantly ****ting on selena gomez wtf is going on

never thought britney would be the type of person to say these things 

I feel like it’s probably impossible for us to understand her. I feel like she had to “behave” and was repressed for literally 13 years , so now she’s like **** it I’ll say whatever the **** I want when I want.  

She probably is REALLY sensitive to ANY mention of her filtering herself because she’s associating that with her being enslaved in the conservatorship.

I’m imagining people saying something to Britney about her nudity and Britney being like "**** that...you don’t tell me what to do".  

Trauma is so complex...

• Love 2
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, sodapopbritney said:

It’s very confusing and I could see why some still don’t buy it. But from the beginning I couldn’t imagine her watching the ice cream music video lmao, I just felt she’s kind of unaware of these things. 
Could’ve seen a clip of it I guess, same with Selena’s speech. 
I’m just waiting to see if this is the end of the Selena saga 

If she found that random *** image of Selena Gomez, and she keeps obsessing about her shows in her stories (trying to associate her with a mean girl) it's not much of a reach to think she's out there Googling Selena honestly and came across that video and her speech. How else did she find that image of Selena if she's not Googling her?

1 minute ago, waynebradybyday said:

If she found that random *** image of Selena Gomez, and she keeps obsessing about her shows in her stories (trying to associate her with a mean girl) it's not much of a reach to think she's out there Googling Selena honestly and came across that video and her speech. How else did she find that image of Selena if she's not Googling her?

Yeah I’m not saying she didn’t, just that it’s hard to picture her looking into things online that much since I got the vibe she’s not very internet savvy lmao. Maybe she is now that she’s had the time to have social media/more internet access 

My confusion is: Do most people actually remember Selena Gomez music videos and speeches?

Why are we assuming that Britney has actually watched and listened to both Selena Gomez's music and her speeches? I get the Pop culture stans will known the ins and outs of every Pop artist that's ever existed but I'm not sure a 40 year old woman is a Selena Gomez historian. 

• Like 6
24 minutes ago, AlfredIslas said:

My confusion is: Do most people actually remember Selena Gomez music videos and speeches?

Why are we assuming that Britney has actually watched and listened to both Selena Gomez's music and her speeches? I get the Pop culture stans will known the ins and outs of every Pop artist that's ever existed but I'm not sure a 40 year old woman is a Selena Gomez historian. 

I get what you’re saying definitely, but it just seems like a hell of a coincidence that she quoted part of Selena’s speech almost word for word, and also the title of her documentary.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, hazel24magic said:

This fan base is ******* ridiculous. So damn dramatic. Britney hasn’t been able to express herself freely in 13 years. She is learning, and sometimes it may not come across how she intends. She has to learn, grow, and evolve. And it isn’t going to happen over night. It’s not even been a year, and this fan base expects her to have everything together. That’s not how trauma works; thats not how relearning yourself after 13 years of abuse works. She is learning to express herself and how she feels. Not everything is shade toward someone else; it’s literally Britney trying to find words to express her feelings. Ffs. 

THIS

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block