The "my thoughts on Britney's Instagram" thread (Stop creating more threads about this)

While I do think Britney should feel free to say anything she wants after the conservatorship, this type of post strikes me as petty, immature... I mean, she doesn't even mention names, which is worse tbh, its super passive agressive. Why caring about someone that much, someone that only supported you, came to your wedding, said good things about you? Britney should see Selena as someone who always looked up to her and behave accordingly, not like a kid.

If something bothered you about this specific person, why not talk about this on therapy, with your husband, friends or directly to the person? Its common sense. Us, normal people, usually try to deal with our stuff privately, imagine being a big celebrity like Britney and doing that? 

Britney has also been super hipocrite many times during her career, saying that she 'would never do something' (such as wearing lingerie on stage) and then doing the exact thing.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, MasterMindz said:

Neither me or @Matou or @i sometimes sing live or @Joshyworld or @GirlOnTheMoon are doing the whole "dictating and judging thing" so I don't get where the problem is :elton:

Also, the two most liked comments on  this thread (i.e. YOUR THREAD)  are those of @Joel Santos and @crystakat who  share our exact same opinions.

So what's with the drama? :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

The drama is fans trying to control what Britney does on her Instagram and deeming what’s wrong or not. I don’t understand the confusion? Her life doesn’t pertain to any of you (the ones you tagged) so I’m not sure what you are all going on about? Calm down and let Britney live her life :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

The drama is fans trying to control what Britney does on her Instagram and deeming what’s wrong or not. Her life doesn’t pertain to any of you (the ones you tagged) so I’m not sure what you are all going on about? Calm down and let Britney live her life :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

You are either missing the point or just trolling  :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

With all due respect, but we have been fans for years and to be honest neither you nor anyone else can dictate to us what to say or express regarding our thoughts on Britney. :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

Let's just all put this behind us. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, MasterMindz said:

Neither me or @Matou or @i sometimes sing live or @Joshyworld or @GirlOnTheMoon are doing the whole "dictating and judging thing" so I don't get where the problem is :elton:

Also, the two most liked comments on  this thread (i.e. YOUR THREAD)  are those of @Joel Santos and @crystakat who  share our exact same opinions.

So what's with the drama? :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

Two words:

Attention
Boredom

• Haha 3
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, MasterMindz said:

You are either missing the point or just trolling  :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

With all due respect, but we have been fans for years and to be honest neither you nor anyone else can dictate to us what to say or express regarding our thoughts on Britney. :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

Let's just all put this behind us. 

Season 10 Hug GIF by Friends

• Love 1
1 minute ago, GlitterRain said:

The drama is fans trying to control what Britney does on her Instagram and deeming what’s wrong or not. I don’t understand the confusion? Her life doesn’t pertain to any of you (the ones you tagged) so I’m not sure what you are all going on about? Calm down and let Britney live her life :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

And let's live ours. :nothavingit_whitney_houston_mad_annoyed_stare_whatever_irritated: I never direspect her so I'm not sure where you are going ...

• Love 1
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

How am I being dramatic :orangu_orangutan_ape: I just simply don’t agree with Britney bullying Selena. I can express my opinion freely because I’m not invalidating Britney’s trauma. I’m not silencing her, in fact, I am all for Britney expressing herself and like I believe I said in the other thread, Britney was forbidden to express displeasure or discontentment for so long that she might have a problem doing so in the way that must of us have had the luxury to do so. I wanna make it clear that I do not want to silence her (as if I could anyway), me stating I disagree with a woman bullying another woman that has also struggled mentally and has had her own traumatic experience, does not in any way make me dramatic or makes me being involved in drama.

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

How am I being dramatic :orangu_orangutan_ape: I just simply don’t agree with Britney bullying Selena. I can express my opinion freely because I’m not invalidating Britney’s trauma. I’m not silencing her, in fact, I am all for Britney expressing herself and like I believe I said in the other thread, Britney was forbidden to express displeasure or discontentment for so long that she might have a problem doing so in the way that must of us have had the luxury to do so. I wanna make it clear that I do not want to silence her (as if I could anyway), me stating I disagree with a woman bullying another woman that has also struggled mentally and has had her own traumatic experience, does not in any way make me dramatic or makes me being involved in drama.

I totally understand what you’re saying and I do not condone bullying either. She hasn’t mentioned Selena by name, though and we don’t know what Selena did to Britney to upset her as much as she clearly did. 

24 minutes ago, glorified.ho said:

While I do think Britney should feel free to say anything she wants after the conservatorship, this type of post strikes me as petty, immature... I mean, she doesn't even mention names, which is worse tbh, its super passive agressive. Why caring about someone that much, someone that only supported you, came to your wedding, said good things about you? Britney should see Selena as someone who always looked up to her and behave accordingly, not like a kid.

If something bothered you about this specific person, why not talk about this on therapy, with your husband, friends or directly to the person? Its common sense. Us, normal people, usually try to deal with our stuff privately, imagine being a big celebrity like Britney and doing that? 

Britney has also been super hipocrite many times during her career, saying that she 'would never do something' (such as wearing lingerie on stage) and then doing the exact thing.

For some reason I'm having trouble getting my replies posted, I hope this one works.

But I've had friends & family who have made it a habit to post on their socials in the very manner that Britney has adopted. It's petty, immature, and misplaced, as you say. I don't find it charming or funny when they do it. It actually gives me second-hand embarrassment.

It signals to me that they are poor communicators and seeking validation from the wrong sources.

And I'm too old to engage in this 'stan' tomfoolery. There is nothing appealing in seeing Britney or any other artist publicly 'drag' a peer. Just because others do it and get applauded for it by the peanut gallery, doesn't mean we as fans should want Britney to stoop as low as them.

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
6 minutes ago, SatisfactionOops said:

For some reason I'm having trouble getting my replies posted, I hope this one works.

But I've had friends & family who have made it a habit to post on their socials in the very manner that Britney has adopted. It's petty, immature, and misplaced, as you say. I don't find it charming or funny when they do it. It actually gives me second-hand embarrassment.

It signals to me that they are poor communicators and seeking validation from the wrong sources.

And I'm too old to engage in this 'stan' tomfoolery. There is nothing appealing in seeing Britney or any other artist publicly 'drag' a peer. Just because others do it and get applauded for it by the peanut gallery, doesn't mean we as fans should want Britney to stoop as low as them.

I respect your opinion. What did Selena do to get dragged though and upset Britney the way she has? That we do not know and I’m trusting Britney and her reasoning for posting what she did. Selena may not be as much of an angel as we think she is Saints And Sinners Reaction GIF by Bounce

There’s caring too much about Britney’s reputation/wanting to micromanage her, and not wanting other fans to have anything but a completely positive reaction to everything she does. 
As long as you don’t do too much of one extreme, I don’t see an issue

After the conservatorship, I take what she does without much thought. If she wants to offend people, that’s on her not me.

But I also think people shouldn’t fear sharing their opinions on it, most fans aren’t in her IG comments telling her what to do. that’s why they’re here 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, sodapopbritney said:

There’s caring too much about Britney’s reputation/wanting to micromanage her, and not wanting other fans to have anything but a completely positive reaction to everything she does. 
As long as you don’t do too much of one extreme, I don’t see an issue

After the conservatorship, I take what she does without much thought. If she wants to offend people, that’s on her not me.

But I also think people shouldn’t fear sharing their opinions on it, most fans aren’t in her IG comments telling her what to do. that’s why they’re here 

The only ones who fear sharing their opinions on it are usually the ones who are judging her and trying to control what she does. 

1 minute ago, GlitterRain said:

The only ones who fear sharing their opinions on it are usually the ones who are judging her and trying to control what she does. 

The attitude towards sharing your opinion on anything Britney has changed a lot on exhale the past couple years. I think it’s warranted to feel you’d rather not deal with potential backlash and just not post your opinion. 
I think those that are judging her have no fear of posting and openly dislike her at least a little at this point. 

There are some that are micromanaging though. And for everyone’s sake, including their own they should take a step back 

• Love 2
  • Like 3
  • Super Mods
6 minutes ago, sodapopbritney said:

I think those that are judging her have no fear of posting and openly dislike her at least a little at this point. 

There are some that are micromanaging though. And for everyone’s sake, including their own they should take a step back 

:mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas: