Normani's 'Dopamine' Listening Party 🖤

Posted (edited)

The album starts off strong with ‘Big Boy,’ then transitions into slower tracks where we hear her mellow and soft voice before picking up momentum again with ‘Insomnia.’:drinky_cheers_wine_smoke_bubbles_sunglasses_nod_tea_sip:

Honestly, it reminds me of Britney Spears and Janet Jackson. :drinky_cheers_wine_smoke_bubbles_sunglasses_nod_tea_sip:

If you’re into R&B, this ’Dopamine’ is definitely for you! Initially, when I read that BuzzFeed review suggesting it emulates the vibe of the 90s and 00s, I thought it might be messy. However, she blends those influences so well that the album sounds smooth, fresh, and sultry... :drinky_cheers_wine_smoke_bubbles_sunglasses_nod_tea_sip:

Edited by Style.
  • Love 4
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, DenisMarquina80 said:

I'm not into her, but I can say that Dopamine is a solid album. It won't do anything on the charts but it will get good reviews.

Too many slow songs, I would prefer more bangers :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Solid solid, and I didn’t expect it!!

• Like 2

WHO ON THIS TEAM THOUGHT 1:59 WAS THE BEST OPTION FOR A FIRST SINGLE?!?  It is one of the weakest songs on the album.

If she wanted to lead with a more R&B, slow jam vibe then All Yours or Still would have been wayyy better.  It's not a groundbreaking album but its nice.  I don't think Take My Time is great but it would've been funny if that was her lead single since she did in fact take her time.  

Way better than I expected but still cannot believe how the did a terrible job of rolling this album out.  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, allthat88 said:

WHO ON THIS TEAM THOUGHT 1:59 WAS THE BEST OPTION FOR A FIRST SINGLE?!?  It is one of the weakest songs on the album.

If she wanted to lead with a more R&B, slow jam vibe then All Yours or Still would have been wayyy better.  It's not a groundbreaking album but its nice.  I don't think Take My Time is great but it would've been funny if that was her lead single since she did in fact take her time.  

Way better than I expected but still cannot believe how the did a terrible job of rolling this album out.  

Take My Time is such a jam!! 

• Love 1

Question....her putting Wild Side at the end is obviously there to boost streaming numbers like most people do with a big song.  but since the song is 3 years old, do those streams count toward this albums first week or does it only count the first week the whole album is available?  Those rules confuse me.

7 minutes ago, allthat88 said:

Question....her putting Wild Side at the end is obviously there to boost streaming numbers like most people do with a big song.  but since the song is 3 years old, do those streams count toward this albums first week or does it only count the first week the whole album is available?  Those rules confuse me.

Wild Side’s numbers will not count for the first week. Love the song and the video, but she should’ve ended the album with another song. I would’ve kept Wild Side for a deluxe or something. 

The way this album could’ve been a success if she had a proper rollout, music videos, interviews, photoshoots, late night talk shows, etc…. :notfeelinit_ny_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_meme_sunglasses_bed_mad_waiting_crossed_hands:

5 minutes ago, DenisMarquina80 said:

My favorites so far: Big Boy, Take My Time, Candy Paint and Tantrums (Jake Blake is flawless as always).

Too bad the rollout for this album has been a completely mess :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

Tantrums is absolutely gorgeous!

What rollout? She hasn’t done anything other than releasing two songs out of the blue and teasing an album. Lmao.

I’m pretty sure the label is not here for someone like Normani. 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Style. said:

Tantrums is absolutely gorgeous!

What rollout? She hasn’t done anything other than releasing two songs out of the blue and teasing an album. Lmao.

I’m pretty sure the label is not here for someone like Normani. 

Releasing two singles, the trailer for the album and the listening party was part of the rollout. Her label/team must hate her.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, DenisMarquina80 said:

Releasing two singles, the trailer for the album and the listening party was part of the rollout. Her label/team must hate her.

That’s it ? :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:
I have a feeling she’s part of the problem too; she doesn’t communicate enough with her audience for us to get to know her better... anyway, it’s not like I’m her biggest supporter or anything but the album is pretty good so I wish her success!!!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.