Britney shades Selena Gomez? "Don’t you just love the nerve of women who stand firmly getting awards and speak on their beliefs about not showing their bodies on instagram"

Message added by Slayer,

Please keep comments respectful.

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Just now, Bigno said:

I think a gazillion of us are delusional then, cause many of us, even the biggest fans here are saying that this is not the attitude to have. People in this same forum have gotten pissed at other celebs by merely suggesting something slightly related to Britney, without even mentioning her name. Some references are self-explanatory and this one in particular is very, very clear. It`s ok if you have a different opinion, but it seems you are the one pushing your narrative on @Joshyworld. If FOR YOU it is not about Selena, fine. If you celebrate this post, go ahead. We are just sharing OUR perspectives, which are just as valid as yours. 

i never said anyone was delusional for thinking the way they do, or for sharing their perspectives. but i sure did get called delusional for disagreeing with that perspective. funny how that works, huh?

i'm not pushing a narrative, because i'm not assuming a thing. i have stated from the beginning britney's message, which is crystal clear with no need to be speculative about, was being overshadowed by everyone trying to figure out the "who" and creating a new narrative of shade. 

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, easy said:

i never said anyone was delusional for thinking the way they do, or for sharing their perspectives. but i sure did get called delusional for disagreeing with that perspective. funny how that works, huh?

i'm not pushing a narrative, because i'm not assuming a thing. i have stated from the beginning britney's message, which is crystal clear with no need to be speculative about, was being overshadowed by everyone trying to figure out the "who" and creating a new narrative of shade. 

Girl what are you even saying? Be more concise. I get that maybe English isn’t your first language but at this point, the nonsense you are saying isn’t adding up nor making any sense for that matter. And yes, you and a few other blindsided extremist Exhalers are pushing this narrative that Britney can do or say no wrong. That she is some immortal being who is free to speak or say or post whatever is on her mind without any repercussions. Guess what? Freedom of speech does not mean freedom of consequence. Same thing happened to Kanye until he dug his own grave and eventually cancelled himself. Until you won’t admit that you’re in the wrong here, there is no point in having a civil conversation nor are you able to fully comprehend any rebuttal that comes your way.

• Love 2
  • Like 4
Just now, Joshyworld said:

Girl what are you even saying? Be more concise. I get that maybe English isn’t your first language but at this point, the nonsense you are saying isn’t adding up. And yes, you and a few other blindsided Exhalers are pushing this narrative that Britney can do or say no wrong. That she is some immortal being who is free to speak or say whatever is on her mind without any repercussions or consequences. Guess what? Freedom of speech does not mean freedom of consequence. Same thing happened to Kanye until he dug his own grave and cancelled himself. Until you won’t admit that you’re in the wrong here, there is no point in having a civil conversation nor are you able to understand any rebuttal that comes your way. 

where did i ever say she can do or say no wrong? you keep putting all these assumptions on me and then go off on tangents about why it's wrong, it's weird 🥴

you don't like the fact that i don't want to engage in assumptions and would rather deal with facts. i don't care who or if britney was shading someone, i care about her message, which was not wrong. you even agreed with that.

trying to equate anything britney has said to the actual hate speech kanye has said is such a reach that i hope you stretched before going there.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Joshyworld said:

Again, I already explained to you a couple responses prior. Selena clearly wanted to raise awareness for mental health issues with her speech. I don't know what Britney is on about but Selena meant in her speech that she wants to see beyond a person’s body on Instagram, she never said that you're not allowed to show off your body nor was she shaming anybody. Keep up. Anyway, Britney is a woman who the world fell in love with because of her ability to take the high road. I understand she wants to be heard but this sort of anger and indirect shade is doing a lot more harm than good by not only eating her alive but turning a lot of the public against her. Instead of channeling her energy on more important global matters or those who were directly complicit/involved in her conservatorship, she’s literally harassing Selena Gomez — a girl who once idolized Britney and who is 10 years younger — over what was likely a misunderstanding. Whatever it is, Britney is a grown woman. If she has an issue, she needs to speak it out directly with Selena in private and let this go for the sake of her own well-being. I can’t believe Britney fans have stooped this low to fight tooth and nail to defend everything she does but delusion and isolation seem to do that for many of you.  

I love Britney. Shes not perfect. Yet she holds a place in my heart, the good , the bad and the ugly.  She is angry and newly learning adult life. Shes not had access like we have towards the internet, her car, no friends , only select people, shes been guarded, her money stolen, shes had an IUD forced, forced meds, over 13 years of abuse, manipulation, s** trafficking, her kids used against her, money stolen, forced holds, she was abused constantly, she lost her freedom and autonomy. She lost custody. She lost so much .  Many times she tried escaping. I do not understand her pain or suffering. I do not defend everything or understand yet I look with empathy. What was done to her was criminal. Its 💯 a given shes looking unhealthy and unstable. Yet I hope she allows and finds more people who can guide her through her pain. I have been angry. It consumes us all at times. I can not fathom her anger and sadness from her situation . Yet she survived thee abuse and is free now. She deserves that. She also deserves patience and understanding. She will survive this as well. Not saying shes gonna not be messy. Upset many fans. I am not gonna say I approve or do not approve. Many of us have had hard times .. she has a lot of abuse we do not know about. She was severely traumatized. Remember that folks. Its easy not to comprehend .  Shes also always has been ***ualized as a child. I see her in pain. To the people who can not bare to watch her anymore. The best thing to do is unfollow her.  I am sure she wants more help yet everyone that has helped her only abused her . How on earth does she trust anyone? Her own family capitalized off her suffering. She was their cash cow yet shes human. I do not defend her or comprehend her actions. Yet I have empathy . I wish her happiness. Try killing with kindness. Or walk away. Why has not instagram blocked her if her posts are too much ? They do not care. Maybe instagram needs a section for adults only. I do not think kids need to be seeing all her posts. Its too much . Yet no I am not offended by her posts.  I actually admire many . She maybe angry but shes strength. I am concerned for her at times. Its sad to watch her suffering.  You can not defend all her actions , yet her heart is in the right place. She is a good women , a gifted women, shes been a light for many. She needs to purge the anger  . It will eat her alive. Unfortunately it’s justified on her part, yet she needs a better support system.  She needs more healthier outlets than instagram. Instagram is not a healthy platform for her. The abusive comments are not helping her either. She can dance til her hearts content. Just do it privately. She needs to heal. Nobody has to like her . Shes like a sea biscuit to her fans and yet only a racehorse to her family. I adore Britney yet I do not condone all her actions. I actually said goodbye to instagram. I need an internet break. Exhale is next. I think I will wait for the book and just let Britney figure out herself for a bit. 

• Love 7

I do not agree with britney's post. I mean I understand where it comes from but if selena really did something personal to her to feel this way she should voice that and not attack her for a random speech. 

I don't like fans that say britney is not doing anything to get better. She held on for so many years, it would destroy anyone. You are so insentitive saying she's not trying to be better, that she should forgive and move on, and many more things. 

I don't like britney's instagram either, I'm not gonna lie. I like that she's expressing herself but I don't like the WAY she's doing it and I certainly don't like her naked photos and I don't give a damn if you don't like me saying it, I've been tiressly defending her for so many years and will continue to go on if she gives me a reason to but... please hire a social media manager.

I hope anyone understands my message. I like britney expressing herself, I just don't want her to get dragged for unnecessary things, she could be smarter about it. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, easy said:

where did i ever say she can do or say no wrong? you keep putting all these assumptions on me and then go off on tangents about why it's wrong, it's weird 🥴

you don't like the fact that i don't want to engage in assumptions and would rather deal with facts. i don't care who or if britney was shading someone, i care about her message, which was not wrong. you even agreed with that.

trying to equate anything britney has said to the actual hate speech kanye has said is such a reach that i hope you stretched before going there.

Then what do you stand for? Are you going to continue to “yas queen” your way onto every Britney post until she gets herself canceled and loses the public’s respect? At this point Britney is just chipping away at her hard-earned legacy that she worked so hard to build with such grace for 20+ years through these kinds of cheap posts and quite frankly, there’s nothing worse than seeing these idols turn into rivals for a generation of younger stars. If that’s Britney’s mission, however, then go for it. I mean, you all give Madonna **** for posting her buttcrack and getting fillers. Is Britney suddenly immune to receiving criticism? Are we all supposed to be censored or shamed for disagreeing with Britney from time to time?

Oh and no one was (at least I wasn’t) equating Kanye’s situation to Britney. I even stated that to you in a response from many pages back that their situations aren’t comparable. I only bring Kanye as an example of how someone who was once respected can chip away at their legacy and make themselves out to be despicable. Again, Britney is better than displaying that kind of behavior and like I said before, she’s never been about racism or antisemitism. 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, David Rose said:

But in general, I feel my connection to her slowly waning and it makes me sad.

I am fighting the urge to say I feel similar because it feels blasphemous to say so. Also, Britney has been my idol for so long. My hope is that this is just a rough patch. It’s been what almost a year now post-conservatorship? It’s going to take a good long while to undo the trauma of 13 years right? There’s a very dark possible reality though that Britney’s suffering may result in a permanent change to who she is. I don’t know. I feel sorry for her more than anything. Like even when we feel like she’s in the wrong or when we don’t like her behaviour as of late we have to constantly remind and check ourselves to the fact she endured 13 years - THIRTEEN YEARS of trauma. So, hang tight? Hopefully she finds peace in the years to come & maybe will exude a more relaxed / calm / at peace demeanour some day when she’s ready. :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

11 minutes ago, Steve W said:

I love Britney. Shes not perfect. Yet she holds a place in my heart, the good , the bad and the ugly.  She is angry and newly learning adult life. Shes not had access like we have towards the internet, her car, no friends , only select people, shes been guarded, her money stolen, shes had an IUD forced, forced meds, over 13 years of abuse, manipulation, s** trafficking, her kids used against her, money stolen, forced holds, she was abused constantly, she lost her freedom and autonomy. She lost custody. She lost so much .  Many times she tried escaping. I do not understand her pain or suffering. I do not defend everything or understand yet I look with empathy. What was done to her was criminal.

Really enjoyed reading this. Very very true.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.