Who's Music is Better: Lindsay Lohan or Hilary Duff?

16 hours ago, BananaBoy98 said:

It's easy, Hilary Duff is not even singer, she sounds so embarassing with her childish voice (I understand that Disney made her popular as child, but she is not Hannah Fountainna anymore :embarrassney_embarrassed_shame_guilt_hide_britney_karaoke_head_shake_no_smh:) and Lindsay sounds normally like average singer what gave me a bit Britney vibes... If I had to choose for my life, it would definitely be Lindsay :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Hanna Montana was not Hillary though :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: … That was Miley Cyrus LOL 

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, IsLindsayLohanLikeOk said:

This whole post is very stupid and exactly what I was talking about in my original post. You're comparing sales... who cares about sales Lindsay was always an actress first when Hilary stopped acting for a bit and focused on music..? 

I'm comparing quality babe. I could not care less about who sold more, Hilary was always more popular - this is like comparing Taylor Swift to Britney Spears because in your mind Taylor Swift is better because she sells more... make it make sense lol. 

It's actually very cringe you base quality on who's more popular, maybe you'd find more music you like if you think for yourself :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

Like I said in my original post, maybe you should actually check out her music before judging it for no reason?

I'm also not being biased because I literally stanned Hilary duff from 2006-2015, I heard all her albums many times. I haven't even heard a Lindsay song besides rumors till 2020 when I got into her. You don't know me.

I'm also very excited for Lindsay's movie - wonder what Hilary is up to these days... haven't heard much from her since 2016.

EDIT: Adding on to this because this was such an insane and ridiculous to say especially while stanning Britney Spears. Lindsay was not by loved the GP the way Hilary was and it's so weird you're talking about what the GP likes as if it means anything at all. Britney was hated by the GP during the Blackout era and that's arguably her best album among fans. Sales and what the GP likes legit means nothing at all... you sound dumb and hypocritical. 

No one is delusional for liking Lindsay's music or anyone's music at that -- but you will always be cringe for following a herd mentality and thinking materialism is more important than ones own subjective taste.

Weirdo. 

Why are you calling me a “weirdo” for taking apart your post? A rebuttal doesn’t make me weird sis a rebuttal demonstrates I can think for myself, contrary to your statement that using data to support my position makes me otherwise. 

Second of all, it is REEKING of delusion to compare Lindsay Lohan with Britney Spears. Lindsay is not even in the same league. Not by a long shot. And what are you talking about that numbers don’t demonstrate anything? Huh? Numbers = Data = Facts. Period. Britney fans, myself included, use the numbers when comparing Britney’s career and success to that of Christina Aguilera’a career for example. ALL THE TIME SIS. All the time. Christina Aguilera has more talent in her pinky finger than Britney does with regards to vocal talent. But the question isn’t about talent it’s about IMPACT SIS. IMPACT. And if you make an impact on music culture or pop culture, that means numbers. Numbers mean influence. Numbers show who has more musical career success. Who’s music appeals to more people and has greater reach and therefore will be remembered & “stand the test of time”. 

If Lindsay Lohan, as you put it, has better music than Hillary Duff, she would have the numbers that demonstrate that. She doesn’t. She is a has-been child actress with a handful of great movies who did herself in with ***** became washed up and a disaster for movie makers to work with but because she has a niche following and cleaned her act up she’s getting a second chance. 

I never said anyone was delusional for liking Lindsay Lohan’s music. I said if you think Lindsay Lohan has a better music career, made a bigger impact, & comparing Lindsay to Britney is a bit delusional sis no offence. You do you though. 

Re: What’s Hillary been up to? Well, sis, Hillary’s net worth is $25 million. Lindsay Lohan’s net worth is $1.5 million :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:. Hillary arguably doesn’t need the work. She’s also been busy with three children. But at the moment I believe she’s on a show called “How I Met Your Father” on Disney Plus. 

MUSIC aside… Hillary Duff will be forgotten in time. A few of Lindsay Lohan’s most memorable movie moments, like Mean Girls, will have her remembered for a long time. But that wasn’t the thread’s question. And I’ve listened to some of Lohan’s music, for what it’s worth, and I think she should stick to her acting career. :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

You have yourself a nice day. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

“Weirdo”.

EDIT: Re Taylor Swift… yes, Taylor Swift’s career trajectory is by far outpacing Britney’s. She will be remembered as an icon onto her own because of her talent (particularly in song writing) and subsequently her popularity. She is the Britney of a younger generation. And her music will indeed “stand the test of time”. 

@x.rox I like your analysis. I don't think Hilary Duff will be forgotten in time. I know what you mean though. Now that you have me thinking about it, I'd say 'Mean Girls' is probably more classic than anything Hilary has done. Hilary is much more impactful in music though, and I believe she's, for better or worse, a catalyst more than anyone else in shifting the programming of Disney Channel. Hilary wasn't a great singer, but decided she wanted to record music. From what I've heard it was her idea (I could be wrong). Using 'Lizzie McGuire' to launch her as a singer was extremely successful, and led directly to 'High School Musical,' 'Hannah Montana,' and the pattern of making all the Disney girls record music. 

• Love 1

Both have highlights in their catalogues (Lindsay: Rumours, Confessions of a Broken Heart, Bossy / Hilary: Come Clean, Fly, With Love) but overall I find their albums underwhelming. I think Lindsay at her musical peak beats out Hilary. Her voice and general sound is more distinguished and unique imo. 

I love Hilary as well, her sound is just very generic for me.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, BananaBoy98 said:

I mean - Miley Cyrus can make from herself Miley Cyrus and she can sing and have different voice... but Hilary Duff will be always Disney baby with childish voice and no matter what instrumental track she use.

It doesn’t sound like you ever listened to Dignity. Also, you know how ironic it is coming from a fellow Britney fan, saying another singer has a “childish voice” when our idol literally sings with the same baby-voice she’s sung with since 1998. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, x.rox said:

It doesn’t sound like you ever listened to Dignity. Also, you know how ironic it is coming from a fellow Britney fan, saying another singer has a “childish voice” when our idol literally sings with the same baby-voice she’s sung with since 1998. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: 

cringe-wtf.gif

But Britney can sing with deep mature voice and with more 5 voices, it's incomparable difference with Hilary Duck :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

I selected Lindsay and said why, I'm done tumblr_ljguu6DsgZ1qg7im2o1_400.gif

• Love 1
12 hours ago, x.rox said:

Why are you calling me a “weirdo” for taking apart your post? A rebuttal doesn’t make me weird sis a rebuttal demonstrates I can think for myself, contrary to your statement that using data to support my position makes me otherwise. 

Second of all, it is REEKING of delusion to compare Lindsay Lohan with Britney Spears. Lindsay is not even in the same league. Not by a long shot. And what are you talking about that numbers don’t demonstrate anything? Huh? Numbers = Data = Facts. Period. Britney fans, myself included, use the numbers when comparing Britney’s career and success to that of Christina Aguilera’a career for example. ALL THE TIME SIS. All the time. Christina Aguilera has more talent in her pinky finger than Britney does with regards to vocal talent. But the question isn’t about talent it’s about IMPACT SIS. IMPACT. And if you make an impact on music culture or pop culture, that means numbers. Numbers mean influence. Numbers show who has more musical career success. Who’s music appeals to more people and has greater reach and therefore will be remembered & “stand the test of time”. 

If Lindsay Lohan, as you put it, has better music than Hillary Duff, she would have the numbers that demonstrate that. She doesn’t. She is a has-been child actress with a handful of great movies who did herself in with ***** became washed up and a disaster for movie makers to work with but because she has a niche following and cleaned her act up she’s getting a second chance. 

I never said anyone was delusional for liking Lindsay Lohan’s music. I said if you think Lindsay Lohan has a better music career, made a bigger impact, & comparing Lindsay to Britney is a bit delusional sis no offence. You do you though. 

Re: What’s Hillary been up to? Well, sis, Hillary’s net worth is $25 million. Lindsay Lohan’s net worth is $1.5 million :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:. Hillary arguably doesn’t need the work. She’s also been busy with three children. But at the moment I believe she’s on a show called “How I Met Your Father” on Disney Plus. 

MUSIC aside… Hillary Duff will be forgotten in time. A few of Lindsay Lohan’s most memorable movie moments, like Mean Girls, will have her remembered for a long time. But that wasn’t the thread’s question. And I’ve listened to some of Lohan’s music, for what it’s worth, and I think she should stick to her acting career. :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

You have yourself a nice day. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

“Weirdo”.

EDIT: Re Taylor Swift… yes, Taylor Swift’s career trajectory is by far outpacing Britney’s. She will be remembered as an icon onto her own because of her talent (particularly in song writing) and subsequently her popularity. She is the Britney of a younger generation. And her music will indeed “stand the test of time”. 

CRINGE

Don't talk to me

15 hours ago, IsraeliMatt said:

@x.rox I like your analysis. I don't think Hilary Duff will be forgotten in time. I know what you mean though. Now that you have me thinking about it, I'd say 'Mean Girls' is probably more classic than anything Hilary has done. Hilary is much more impactful in music though, and I believe she's, for better or worse, a catalyst more than anyone else in shifting the programming of Disney Channel. Hilary wasn't a great singer, but decided she wanted to record music. From what I've heard it was her idea (I could be wrong). Using 'Lizzie McGuire' to launch her as a singer was extremely successful, and led directly to 'High School Musical,' 'Hannah Montana,' and the pattern of making all the Disney girls record music. 

Thanks Sista from another mista :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support: I’m so bored sometimes I invest way too much energy into some of these threads lol. :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

• Haha 1

While I do love both ladies, I'd have to go with Hilary Duff. I loved how unapologetically bubblegum Metamorphosis was, and I was always very fascinated by her musical evolution into further rock and dance music with her other albums. Dignity in particular always amazed me not only because it was pretty grown for a Hollywood Records release, but she still retained this classy image and sound that I loved! The only other Hollywood releases that did that for me were Vanessa Hudgens' V album and The Cheetah Girls' TCG album.

Speak was literally the soundtrack to my life for all of 2005. I played it non stop. Everyday. 

Hilary Vs Lindsay is hard though. I always say Lindsay was the better actress and Hilary was the better pop star. I do think Lindsay’s music is slightly better but Hilary has some iconic hits (So Yesterday, Come Clean, Wake Up, With Love) that can’t be touched. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, comeback kid said:

Speak was literally the soundtrack to my life for all of 2005. I played it non stop. Everyday. 

Hilary Vs Lindsay is hard though. I always say Lindsay was the better actress and Hilary was the better pop star. I do think Lindsay’s music is slightly better but Hilary has some iconic hits (So Yesterday, Come Clean, Wake Up, With Love) that can’t be touched. 

Agreed 💯

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block