Britney is an Atheist but still talks about Praying?

jbi87

1 hour ago, Mxra said:

You guys need to stop taking instagram captions so literally lol 

Ok but at the time when she said that, people on here were saying “This is so sad, those boys/her family have made her lose her faith, they’re so disgusting to have that effect on her”. 

So we’re they wrong then to take what she said seriously? It sounded pretty serious to me hearing her say that, she sounded like a person totally defeated from a faith point of view and as though her trauma has completely distorted her belief system. 

• Like 3

Let's not be naive. When she said it, it was an expression! Like when she said she'd rather p**p on her pool than go back to the entertainment industry, or when she expressed the non-belief in therapy anymore but still respect the profession by still having one. It's a statement, guys—an existential statement.

She will say and do things that will piss her family off as an expression of freedom.

I will never understand why people insist on taking every little thing she says so literally. Her saying she was an atheist is like me saying I'll never dring again on a Sunday morning, istg sometimes it looks like people here have never interacted with humans before.

As to the money/stylist comment, she uses her money however the **** she wants to.

The only explanation for this thread is you must be simply a troll.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, jbi87 said:

She has stated she's an Atheist but she still posts about god & how she prays every day. I don't get it. 

Also if she has access to her money now why has she not got a stylist & someone to come give her a makeover & make her feel good do all the things she couldn't do while in her conservatorship? 

Alot of what she says doesn't add up. 

Oh I Get It Britney Spears GIF

And what? She may praying to that BIG something what we never seen. I also believe there is someone and im praying.

4 hours ago, HairFlipQueen said:

Ok but at the time when she said that, people on here were saying “This is so sad, those boys/her family have made her lose her faith, they’re so disgusting to have that effect on her”. 

So we’re they wrong then to take what she said seriously? It sounded pretty serious to me hearing her say that, she sounded like a person totally defeated from a faith point of view and as though her trauma has completely distorted her belief system. 

Now you're nitpicking. Not every single word of every single caption should be taken seriously. It's pretty common sense what should be taken seriously and what shouldn't. It's pretty easy to read if someone is typing from their pure feelings or typing out of anger and emotion. People use her captions as an excuse to say Hold Me Closer isn't even her because she type she would rather eat **** than be in the industry or something. When very clearly her true opinion on the industry we don't even fully know. 

45 minutes ago, Mxra said:

Now you're nitpicking. Not every single word of every single caption should be taken seriously. It's pretty common sense what should be taken seriously and what shouldn't. It's pretty easy to read if someone is typing from their pure feelings or typing out of anger and emotion. People use her captions as an excuse to say Hold Me Closer isn't even her because she type she would rather eat **** than be in the industry or something. When very clearly her true opinion on the industry we don't even fully know. 

I didn’t think it was a caption, I though the atheist comment was one of her recorded talking videos? It sounded very real, sad and authentic to me.

The comments about eating **** or ****ting in the pool are obviously an exaggeration because no one actually does those things (for the most part…) whereas people actually do lose their faith every day all over the world due to various things going on with them.

So I don’t think it’s a fair comparison, and I don’t agree that I’m nitpicking in this instance. 

• Like 1

She may be temporarily atheist, she may be reconsidering her Christianity in light of all the Christian hypocrisy she went up against, or she may be dabbling in other things (not Kaballah, thank God!)

I was an atheist for years, then changed my mind. It's very normal.

Prayer has a meaning beyond religion for some people, sort of like meditation. Some atheists do meditate so it's not unheard of for them to pray too.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, halfdressed said:

People get angry with God all the time. It’s part of being human. Most people aren’t willing to throw their faith in the trash despite tragic situations. We all say things we don’t mean sometimes when emotions take over. 

It's a shame they can't just be brave and ditch the fiction. They'll lose nothing from it.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, gar said:

It's a shame they can't just be brave and ditch the fiction. They'll lose nothing from it.

And yet non-believers will be sobbing at His feet in desperation, begging and pleading “how could we have known” when the time comes.

the fact that we even exist is fictitious! Some stars went boom, time goes by and we evolve into magical conscious beings? None of it is believable. 

The real shame is that you find it acceptable to disrespect someone’s religion. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block