Have you watched Dahmer: the Jeffrey Dahmer Story?

It is getting called out by the family members of it's victims and bringing up American obsession with death and extreme violence, and rubbing it in families face as this is how  your loved one died, enjoy it for the entire world to see..

Then add Kesha, Katy Perry and others getting cancelled cos now people know the reference of pulling a Jeffrey Dahmer..

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

It is getting called out by the family members of it's victims and bringing up American obsession with death and extreme violence, and rubbing it in families face as this is how  your loved one died, enjoy it for the entire world to see..

Then add Kesha, Katy Perry and others getting cancelled cos now people know the reference of pulling a Jeffrey Dahmer..

Did u watch it? Is it too gorey or not?

23 hours ago, Strawberry Lemon Kiss said:

Have you guys watched Netflix's new miniseries Dahmer starring Evan Peters? 🤔🤔

Is it too gory??? I like scary movies but I don't like the excessive gore (Saw, Texas Chainsaw) but I'll watch Halloween and Scream 🤷🤷🤷

I am curious to watch this show. But can't handle a bunch of gore? 🙄🙄🙄

I have watched it!!! That's part of the reason why I haven't been active!!! I honestly think it wasn't gory enough, I love studying and learning about individuals like Dahmer. To me, out of all of the killers I've done research on or learned about, he's the only one I truly believed felt remorse for what he did to those victims and their families. That doesn't make it right at all, I just think out of all of them he's the most interesting. 

What are your thoughts on it? Have you watched, think it was too gory or would you want anything to be added to the episodes?  

• Love 2

A couple of "real life" criticisms.

#1. I  don't care what a small group of 90s millennials and gen z gays have to say (Sorry if you take it wrong and offended,, you've been warned by my disclaimer), but Netflix removing the LGBTQ tag is actually ****ed up.

Dahmer was gay, and so was his victims (allegedly, small town in Wisconsin, most likely no, or closeted given the Time frame of the crimes).

But as ****ed up as it is, it's doin a disservice to our community, as it's a True crime that affected our community, plus would they cave this easy, if it was about openly lesbian Aileen Wournos, who's target was men that she solicited her services only to ****** them, the answer is no.

So please understand boy's as ****ed up as it is, a gay man was a serial killer and all history is dark sometimes, so yeah that should have never happened.

Once again the Tumblr and TikTok of understanding him and finding sympathy is just keep it there please.

And Netflix should have talked to the family, cos yeah to be described to what happened to their loved one in courts, to actually see what the world is seeing,,yeah, you have to feel sympathy..

If anything, it's bringing a long awaited topic of America's obsession with TRUE crime and the Love of extreme violence cases.

For the sake of respect I have for the victims and their families I'm not going to watch it , I'm seeing enough racists on fb idolizing that murderer and glorifying him as if he was a hero , buying t shirts with his face on it and all , I'm just not gonna contribute to that hype and give it attention/rating ...... 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Email My D said:

It's not gory. But extremely dark and unsettling. Made me change my grindr profile looking for info from 'right now' to 'networking' :sipnstare_coffee_mug_tea_sipping_spilling_red:

No joke there are literally people like him still living among us and you hear about cases like that almost every year , it's disturbing..... Thankfully I know how to read people pretty well, but it's never guaranteed.....

I think he’s really fascinating. It's clear he has ***ual disorders. He didn't even rank high on a psychopathy checklist. He sounded like he was self-medicating with alcohol, which we all know makes you less inhibited. Then I find it interesting that all his victims were minorities. Either he has a particular “type” or was targeting gay minorities because at that time I imagine the police were homaphobic and couldn't care less so he could get away with the ******* easier. If the latter is the case, then he's quite the pathological liar. So I do feel conflicted. On one hand, I have immense empathy for him being a mental health advocate and on the other hand, sad for the community. He also looks like any generic model that’s out there … so I’m now a bit extra paranoid around blue eyed blonde haired people 😅 

• Like 2

I haven’t watched it but my ex watched some of it and couldn’t finish it. He said it was too upsetting. There’s two very unsettling facts about the story: 1) the neighbour called to report people were being ******** next door but because it was the “gay neighbourhood” the police never came. 2) one of his victims escaped and ran into police but rather than take him seriously and pleads for help, the police literally took him back to Dahmer where he’d be killed. 

If it was just fiction it would be one thing but it’s a true story. So you might find it very upsetting. That and the families of the victims never consented to the glorification of the events for entertainment. 

My ex says it wasn’t very gory just very disturbing. 

I’m watching it. I partially feel bad watching it because it’s exploitative and harmful for the victims’ families, but I also am so fascinated by true crime, I really don’t know a lot about Dahmer and I like to learn as much LGBTQ history as possible, and I’m also a fan of Ryan Murphy and Evan Peters.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

I think he’s really fascinating. It's clear he has ***ual disorders. He didn't even rank high on a psychopathy checklist. He sounded like he was self-medicating with alcohol, which we all know makes you less inhibited. Then I find it interesting that all his victims were minorities. Either he has a particular “type” or was targeting gay minorities because at that time I imagine the police were homaphobic and couldn't care less so he could get away with the ******* easier. If the latter is the case, then he's quite the pathological liar. So I do feel conflicted. On one hand, I have immense empathy for him being a mental health advocate and on the other hand, sad for the community. He also looks like any generic model that’s out there … so I’m now a bit extra paranoid around blue eyed blonde haired people 😅 

You feel empathetic towards someone who lobotomized his victims so they would be awake and alert to all the torture he did to them before killing and eating them? What kind of messed up person are you??? There are those people in society by whom are just wicked evil people. Having studied criminology I know for a fact based on many cases out there that there are those who are just simply evil people. What kind of sick apologist nonsense is this? You think he’s “fascinating”? Gosh you were probably in his fan club on Facebook, which I successfully got taken down years ago. These people aren’t fascinating, they’re absolutely disgusting vile human beings who stole lives away and traumatized communities and families. Good lord.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, x.rox said:

You feel empathetic towards someone who lobotomized his victims so they would be awake and alert to all the torture he did to them before killing and eating them? What kind of messed up person are you??? There are those people in society by whom are just wicked evil people. Having studied criminology I know for a fact based on many cases out there that there are those who are just simply evil people. What kind of sick apologist nonsense is this? You think he’s “fascinating”? Gosh you were probably in his fan club on Facebook, which I successfully got taken down years ago. These people aren’t fascinating, they’re absolutely disgusting vile human beings who stole lives away and traumatized communities and families. Good lord.

Yes, it’s a fascinating case. Not because he ******** people because his case is complex. You must of missed the part that I said I felt conflicted or you’re just choosing to make a self-serving bias. Way to overgeneralize. 

• Love 1
On 9/28/2022 at 3:49 AM, Spicechinodiva said:

I love how 30+ years later Americans (and the affected families who only concern is nobody has paid them) are just NOW learning who Dahmer is despite the fact there's been countless series, movies and documentaries about him for the last 3 decades.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.