Have you watched Dahmer: the Jeffrey Dahmer Story?

12 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Yes, it’s a fascinating case. Not because he ******** people because his case is complex. You must of missed the part that I said I felt conflicted or you’re just choosing to make a self-serving bias. Way to overgeneralize. 

No one should feel conflicted. Wrong is wrong. Period. Black and white. 

58 minutes ago, x.rox said:

No one should feel conflicted. Wrong is wrong. Period. Black and white. 

I mean, by that knowledge, I could say you’d be the same as those who believe that Britney being in a conservatorship was conducive to her mental health. It isn’t always so black and white regarding mental health issues and how we conceptualize it. That’s just my opinion of course. Calling him “pure evil” is controversial. 

Yes, I watched it because I was raised in the city where it happened and I wanted to see Niecy Nash, whose comedic work I loved, give a dramatic performance. I skimmed it a bit and skipped the most gruesome parts. I thought it was good. Really heart-breaking moments with the victims and upsetting glimpses at Dahmer's background as well. There's a scene when Dahmer is at a restaurant with his dad and step-mom, and he tries to explain to the dad that he has unhealthy urges. The dad changes the subject. :queenie_falling_dying_dead: It all makes one think about how you can't be too trusting, and never take a beverage you didn't see the preparation of. 

I watched it all the day after it came out. I’m a huge Ryan Murphy fan, so I was looking forward to his next project. I have heard of Jeffrey Dahmer, but never watched any other movies or documentaries. Overall, I thought it was very well done (I’ve now learnt some parts were fictional, for the story) Episodes 1, 6 & 7 were the ones that stuck out most for me, as they were very intense to watch. Just knowing this happened in real life. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Amanda Lick said:

I have watched it!!! That's part of the reason why I haven't been active!!! I honestly think it wasn't gory enough, I love studying and learning about individuals like Dahmer. To me, out of all of the killers I've done research on or learned about, he's the only one I truly believed felt remorse for what he did to those victims and their families. That doesn't make it right at all, I just think out of all of them he's the most interesting. 

What are your thoughts on it? Have you watched, think it was too gory or would you want anything to be added to the episodes?  

Thanks for this response bestie. I will watch and let you know. 

I watched it and as someone who was barely 7 when the trial happened (and never seen any of the previous movies/docs/etc), it was nice to hear a detailed account of the whole thing. I know a lot was fabricated for Hollywood but some Google searches show this is the closest to accurate of the tellings. It’ll be a while before I watch it again because emotionally, it drained me. Thinking of the many times I could’ve been abducted or worse gives me pause. I was just as wide-eyed as the victims: if it sounded and felt good, I was rocking with it. And before social media, there weren’t many avenues to meet guys so you kinda got what you could and were as safe as possible. 

the bored facebook mom crowd still hasn’t outgrown the “UmG i LoVe SeRiAL kiLLeR DoCuMeNTaRiES” mindset? lmao

053.gif

i guess the proliferation of true crime series will continue so long as there is a deprived enough crowd for it. i remember being “FaSciNaTeD” with serial killers and murderers as a young teenager, then realized there are actually intelligent figures out there whose teachings are not repetitive drivel and actually applicable to life. you know, worthy of my time.

the only educational aspect about some true crime series is the (sometimes pseudo) analysis of the underbelly of human nature in order to spread awareness and promote caution, but after viewing the billionth one that just spews out the same recycled sh.it..? 🥱 ok we get it. 

so yeah, it’s just ****** po.rn solely for reactionary entertainment. people feel safe watching abhorrent situations onscreen because it doesn’t have any longstanding effects on them. it just further traumatises the families of the victims involved instead. i’m sure you’d all love to see the re-enactment of your loved ones being tortured beyond belief though. 🤡 

Yes i watched all 10 episodes in two  days. It is well directed and had nice storyline, it is hardcore and sad afterall it highlights a serial killer but i believe it worths watching it. Chris Evans is so hot by the way as always. 

PS 

I also watched Nymphomaniac both parts

Stranger By the lake also a good film with nice twisted storyline and also showcase a real side of real life gay community.

I also suggest the empty man (2014) a mental horror film.

And Mumbai Hotel which is also based on true events of serial terrorists. 

I just finished watching episode 4 last night and someone knocked on my door. :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Anyways, I'm conflicted about how to feel about such true crime series. On the one hand, it's entertaining and it's a fascinating story, albeit traumatic and unsettling. I guess it only brings awareness and acts as a cautionary tale to be careful out there.

Of course, it's not all pro bono work so I also agree with this:

4 hours ago, neko said:

the bored facebook mom crowd still hasn’t outgrown the “UmG i LoVe SeRiAL kiLLeR DoCuMeNTaRiES” mindset? lmao

053.gif

i guess the proliferation of true crime series will continue so long as there is a deprived enough crowd for it. i remember being “FaSciNaTeD” with serial killers and murderers as a young teenager, then realized there are actually intelligent figures out there whose teachings are not repetitive drivel and actually applicable to life. you know, worthy of my time.

the only educational aspect about some true crime series is the (sometimes pseudo) analysis of the underbelly of human nature in order to spread awareness and promote caution, but after viewing the billionth one that just spews out the same recycled sh.it..? 🥱 ok we get it. 

so yeah, it’s just ****** po.rn solely for reactionary entertainment. people feel safe watching abhorrent situations onscreen because it doesn’t have any longstanding effects on them. it just further traumatises the families of the victims involved instead. i’m sure you’d all love to see the re-enactment of your loved ones being tortured beyond belief though. 🤡 

My friend Kris Avalon says it Best.

He was not the genius killer,, people turned him out to be, he literally got Away with it cos of racism and let's believe the white man..

These neighbors tried saving a 14 year old, but was told they're lying and they believed Dahmer, unfortunately and expected because the cops didn't give a damn about the minorites in that community.

Sadly and well expected that 14 year old ended up dead a couple of Hours later.. and people wonder why we're mad, it's been happening for years..not no More.

Also like Kris Avalon says, Evan is a great actor but don't nominate him, cos that's glorifying Dahmer.

Honor Neicy nash or other actors, but leave Evan out of the consideration table and votes.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block