what is your unpopular opinion about britney spears 🤔

7 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Oh wow you actually agree?

I really thought I was gonna get a hate comment or something.

People on here can be pretty vicious if you dont agree with them on something

Yes I do. Toxic is overplayed as hell. My local radio station seems to think it’s Britney’s only song.

That is true, that’s how Britney fans are in general sadly. But it’s ok to have your own opinions too. 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
4 minutes ago, PrinceAli89 said:

Yes I do. Toxic is overplayed as hell. My local radio station seems to think it’s Britney’s only song.

That is true, that’s how Britney fans are in general sadly. But it’s ok to have your own opinions too. 

Thank you for saying that.

Its nice to meet a fan who doesnt always like every single thing Britney's released.

Some fans think u have to like every single song their idol releases but thats not true

• Like 1
9 hours ago, BananaBoy98 said:

Britney is mix of soundtrack and standart album together

Yeah I feel like her record label wanted overproduced pop sound like NCYNC, and Britney wanted a R&B record, and then Britney tried remixing the Pop records into more R&B, and then they add soundtrack songs. Too messy of an album!

On 9/24/2022 at 9:55 AM, Cancer said:

I get the pictures of her attacking the papz with an umbrella were unflattering, but was it really such an abnormal reaction?

Even those pictures I don't find them embarrassing or even that unflattering. She was a badass and lots of celebrities (especially male celebrities) have done far worse to paparazzi, she barely even nicked that damn car, ffs. I think it was brave and a badass statement and I hate it that fans think it's something to be ashamed of instead of reclaiming it as a punk af move, something to be proud of. 

On 9/24/2022 at 3:04 AM, Rachel Green Geller said:

I think Britney is kind of ashamed.. or at least she doesn't want to be seen in that light. She was struggling and did something I think she regrets.

"People shave their heads all the time" is not a serious answer, she clearly felt uncomfortable talking about it.

I never spoke about how Britney felt, because she was the one directly suffering all the nonsense, but about how fans feel. And anyway, I don't think she's so ashamed of the fact (that doesn't mean she likes how media portrays it, but I always think what bothers her is the images of the ambulance and all that, not the haircut itself), and if she is, I definitely don't think she would be so ashamed if the whole world, fans included, even today, hadn't made her feel ashamed.

I also think "people shave their heads all the time" is a perfectly serious and level headed answer. 

But then again, I never understood society's obsession with long hair.

Although she has recorded iconic and more mature albums but Oops! Is still my favorite as a whole. And I prefer Oops era in general over Bomt.

I love MATM, and I like Madonna in it.

I think the pitched down DLMBTLTK on DWAD was a mistake.

Her voice is good and very colorful, she can play with it but she should have worked on her technique a lot more as the years have gone by.

I think Justin was a jerk at how the breakup was handled on his part but he clearly was a good influence on Britney and her personality. If they had stayed together everything would have been different now…

I dislike Femme Fatale album but Hold it against me had a great video, the other singles were generic, as much as the album itself. Although if some was switched with the b-sides then it would be a decent one.

Her instagram makes me feel uncomfortable many times (not always though) and mostly because I feel like she’s still suffering and it doesn’t seem it’s getting any better.

i think britney does have a mental ilness that is not bipolar

but she didnt receive proper assistance for it and it was used against her

there were times in 2007 when she was clearly not ok like going out in blood stained underwear

i dont like baby one more time remix

i dont like DLMBTLTK and shoulda never been a single

i dont like boys and overprotected dark child remix

britney did hard ***** in 2007

16 hours ago, Watch Me Work It said:

unpopular opinion nowadays: I enjoy her instagram :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching: I like that she shares stuff that she found funny/interesting, and that she likes to express herself through dancing.

I think many fans don't like Britney. her music, sure, but not the person, and certainly don't like that she's a person with trauma. some just want a perfect popstar and it would be great if they could just admit that and move on instead of complaining about every single thing she does/wears/shares.

also I prefer when she has brunette hair :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

U SLAYED & SPOKE THE TRUTH 😌😌 (except the hair color thing bc i don’t really care what color her hair is 😂)

• Love 1

Britney was spiraling in 2007/2008, and her father stepping in when he did probably saved her life. She was in an acute psychiatric crisis, the condition was never fully treated, and everything her father put her though with the conservatorship made it worst. She seems very isolated to me now, similarly to how she was in 2006/2007 when it led to all those events to happen. :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

• Like 1
On 9/25/2022 at 1:45 AM, princessmimi said:

You guys will probably crucify me for this but:

I don't like Toxic.

Its too overplayed and she has much better songs.

Now you can see why my opinion is VERY unpopular :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

I bought ITZ the day it came out in November 2003 and jammed out to every song off the album - except Toxic. It continues to be my favorite Britney album, but I cannot get into Toxic at all!

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.