what is your unpopular opinion about britney spears 🤔

30 minutes ago, YeezusChrist said:

Her dancing on insta is awkward and tarnishes her legacy as one of the best dancers in the industry. I wish she'd take the time to relearn some old choreo and serve us like she did in the past.

My unpopular opinion is that none of those are new ones or made “after the conservatorship”. 

• Like 1

- Her instagram is usually either boring or shows her in a bad light (same rants, same dances, occasional messages that bring her a lot of hate because they're not expressed clearly, etc.) but I hate to bring it up because I feel like she should be allowed to do what she wants and I have never experienced what she experienced so it may take her to heal and adjust

- I actually love her voice, despite the criticism, whether it's a baby voice or her natural voice

- "You Got It All" showcase performance is one of my favorites, she sounds so good and I enjoy watching it on repeat

- I never liked "Inside Out"

- I enjoy her performances and music videos way more than her music alone

• Love 1
12 hours ago, princessmimi said:

You guys will probably crucify me for this but:

I don't like Toxic.

Its too overplayed and she has much better songs.

Now you can see why my opinion is VERY unpopular :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Agree 100%, I do feel like a lot of fans actually do agree with this too.

In The Zone is my favorite Britney album, and sometimes I do skip "Toxic" depending on my mood. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, PrinceAli89 said:

Agree 100%, I do feel like a lot of fans actually do agree with this too.

In The Zone is my favorite Britney album, and sometimes I do skip "Toxic" depending on my mood. 

Oh wow you actually agree?

I really thought I was gonna get a hate comment or something.

People on here can be pretty vicious if you dont agree with them on something

19 hours ago, Fay1981 said:

- her instagram is cringe (although I think this is only an unpopular opinion in this sub)

I agreed with this. I know - that's her form of healing and stay in touch with people... but she totally forgot how to live life as mature person (it's not her fault). She was just conservated so long and for the last time she was free at her mid 20s. She is just like recovered her old personality she protected from all people who controled her, and it take her long time till she will absorb everything new.

18 hours ago, Fay1981 said:

Me Against the Music was a mistake. The song is not lead single material, let alone a duet betweet two of the biggest female pop stars of all time. A big disappointment.

It's boring af song and mistake is releasing it with Madonna and Kiss with her :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised:

16 hours ago, fays1 said:

Britney the album is not good, even though its my favorite era, and has the best singles

In The Zone is much better than Blackout

Break The Ice and Born To Make You Happy are overrated in this fanbase

Work ***** is one of her worst songs, sounds like a song someone from the Real Housewives would sing

Boys is one of her best songs, I dont know why many here dislike it

Someday and Dont Let me Be The Last To Know are her best ballads

Big Fat Bass is not that bad

Britney is mix of soundtrack and standart album together, ITZ is definitely better at all than Blackout (what is literally Overrated and her vocals are not better than ITZ, people are just obsessed with production. Not her vocals and creativity like in ITZ. Never heard someone overrate those 2 songs. Yes Work Meow is tragic. BFB is tragic. But farly better than "poop and shout" song

14 hours ago, princessmimi said:

You guys will probably crucify me for this but:

I don't like Toxic.

Its too overplayed and she has much better songs.

Ikr :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

14 hours ago, princessmimi said:

I also HATE that she got a nose job,

she was SO naturally beautiful!

It ruined her face and made it look weird

We all loved her face. I think you saw her old smile at wedding photo she shared. At least her smile is saved.

6 hours ago, Viking84 said:

She actually had two nose jobs. One was around 2000 and the other a few years ago. When she looked her best, she had already had some subtle work done. But the last one went overboard, I agree. 

2000/2014. In 2006-2006 she had back her "old" 90s nose.

5 hours ago, ferref118 said:

Unpopular opinion I actually like Britney jean 🤷🏻‍♂️

Release "Britneys Version" and I will buy it

5 hours ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

When I watch old interviews and performances from her prime… I start to feel depressed because that person is gone and it wasn’t even her fault

I think she could do some new interviews and give us some smile.

4 hours ago, YeezusChrist said:

Her dancing on insta is awkward and tarnishes her legacy as one of the best dancers in the industry. I wish she'd take the time to relearn some old choreo and serve us like she did in the past.

I like her dancing...but only for her songs and lipsync them... hate ne, but it's truth. Those random video cuts for random songs are boring. 

3 hours ago, Littlewing said:

That I’m not even sure she’s alive or “posting on Instagram”. I think she has looked like someone else/different look-a-likes for years. 

That's for everything her happened.... I just wondered if it was her decision or from Team Con, how she was so ...cking different in 2014 and 2015 (!!!) till now.

3 hours ago, Mohd93 said:

- Her instagram is usually either boring or shows her in a bad light (same rants, same dances, occasional messages that bring her a lot of hate because they're not expressed clearly, etc.) but I hate to bring it up because I feel like she should be allowed to do what she wants and I have never experienced what she experienced so it may take her to heal and adjust

- I actually love her voice, despite the criticism, whether it's a baby voice or her natural voice

- "You Got It All" showcase performance is one of my favorites, she sounds so good and I enjoy watching it on repeat

- I never liked "Inside Out"

- I enjoy her performances and music videos way more than her music alone

It take her time when she will be really happy.

2 hours ago, ElenaB said:

i dont like glory, brittany joan or femme fatale

i haven’t truly liked any stage outfit she’s worn since the circus era (i hate leotards so :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:)

i miss justney and to this day i think he was the one for her and viceversa 

Because - C/FF/BJ/G were created under c-ship. Glory is vocally good, but cship had impact for lyrics. It miss any personal stuff.

I will say this:

A bird in a cage will never sing as well as it does in the wild.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

unpopular opinion nowadays: I enjoy her instagram :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching: I like that she shares stuff that she found funny/interesting, and that she likes to express herself through dancing.

I think many fans don't like Britney. her music, sure, but not the person, and certainly don't like that she's a person with trauma. some just want a perfect popstar and it would be great if they could just admit that and move on instead of complaining about every single thing she does/wears/shares.

also I prefer when she has brunette hair :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, BananaBoy98 said:

I agreed with this. I know - that's her form of healing and stay in touch with people... but she totally forgot how to live life as mature person (it's not her fault). She was just conservated so long and for the last time she was free at her mid 20s. She is just like recovered her old personality she protected from all people who controled her, and it take her long time till she will absorb everything new.

True.

I rarely comment on the things that has to do with her photos and videos on instagram in here because at this point it's only to create drama. I find all those dancing videos and the pictures she posts terrible but at the end of the day she's allowed to do whatever she wants. I do enjoy her rants sometimes. 

• Like 1
On 9/24/2022 at 9:02 PM, PrinceAli89 said:

I know I will be burned at the stake for this but…. I actually enjoy Britney Jean (I too went through a massive breakup at the time it came out) and think it’s better than Femme Fatale. :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

10 hours ago, ferref118 said:

Unpopular opinion I actually like Britney jean 🤷🏻‍♂️

Like you two, I love Britney Jean as an overall album (lyrics, music, vocal melodies, singing) despite the flaws in production.

According to various analyses, the songs that have the most Britney are Perfume, It Should Be Easy, Tik Tik Boom, Don’t Cry, Now That I Found You and Hold On Tight (six songs). The songs that have the least Britney appear to be Work Work, Body Ache, Til It’s Gone and Chillin' With You (four songs). Alien, Brightest Morning Star and Passenger at least have Britney on the verses (or most of the verses). 

10 hours ago, etherealcat said:

the thing is that it's not even sung by britney for the most part + it is her most forced project yet so liking it kinda don't make no sense. she just led her voice to a couple wack demos but that's it.

Looks like it’s more 50% Britney/50% Myah Marie, but I understand the sentiment.

2 hours ago, Arckangel said:

Like you two, I love Britney Jean as an overall album (lyrics, music, vocal melodies, singing) despite the flaws in production.

According to various analyses, the songs that have the most Britney are Perfume, It Should Be Easy, Tik Tik Boom, Don’t Cry, Now That I Found You and Hold On Tight (six songs). The songs that have the least Britney appear to be Work Work, Body Ache, Til It’s Gone and Chillin' With You (four songs). Alien, Brightest Morning Star and Passenger at least have Britney on the verses (or most of the verses). 

Looks like it’s more 50% Britney/50% Myah Marie, but I understand the sentiment.

I think for me personally the album does hold a special place in my heart. I too went through a VERY hard breakup and lost my mom very soon after the album came out so I listened to it constantly to help me get through hard times. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.