VMA 2000: How do you think Christina felt having to perform during the same show that Britney gave her legendary Oops performance

• Super Mods
3 hours ago, Aussie Stan said:

She felt like this:

:jamie_lynn_grape:

I wasn’t aware of Christina’s performance until now… and turned it off after 15 seconds just then when she “danced”… 

:parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

That says everything you need to know 

:queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Also this is a Britney forum so what do you expect 

:oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

kthnxbai

thank you next kris jenner GIF by Ariana Grande

I think Christina’s performance was fun! 

• Like 2
  • Super Mods
3 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

I love Britney and Christina. The fan bases are now adults, can we stop comparing them? They are brilliant in their own ways. These kind of threads make the Britney fan base seem immature and petty. Can we acknowledge they are both legends with acclaim and wealth. They won! 

Hey, I agree but there’s no pettiness happening here. It’s a valid question. I do like Christina but the reality is that in 2000 it was Britney’s year and it must have been hard for Christina to keep up. Unfortunately there was only one queen bee back then and it was Britney. Now a days everyone can dominate! :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

• Like 3

oh. the times ppl can kick a.s.ses on stage))))

she was so skinny god. and sooo like really hard trying to succeed. I think it is not bad performance. I didn't like part in the end. Was it Fred Dusrt? His part was really unnecessary.

But in general she sounded good. It was fun. But the main thing is that they were trying to make her Britney with bigger voice version. And it was just not it. Her moves were kind of bad. But she was def doing her best. I think with young singers it is always trying to get to know who u r and what kind of music u want to make. And clearly this was just not type of performance she was made for.

Stripped and Back to Basics her best eras. She was flawless at a time

• Like 2

I thought it was OK. I remember watching it live with my mom and sister. My sister was big a Christina fan. After Christinas performance my mom said "Britney did better." lol

I initially didn't see the big deal with Britneys performance and was confused about why people thought it was shocking.  At first, I mainly loved the Oops! performance because of the remix but now I love every aspect of the performance. It's a career defining performance.

• Love 4

xtina's performance was a bit controversial - she performed with fred durst after it was rumored that eminem and him had beef with xtina. so, it was like a  "f you" message to eminem. but anyways, it was obviously overshadowed by britney like everything xtina did from 98 to this day.

• Haha 3
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
Just now, ElenaB said:

xtina's performance was a bit controversial - she performed with fred durst after it was rumored that eminem and him had beef with xtina. so, it was like a  "f you" message to eminem. but anyways, it was obviously overshadowed by britney like everything xtina did from 98 to this day.

Ahhh yes! Now it makes sense why she had him onstage with her. It felt kinda awkward with him doing his thing and then her being all :katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block