VMA 2000: How do you think Christina felt having to perform during the same show that Britney gave her legendary Oops performance

13 hours ago, Alex Murr said:

Xtina certainly didn't want Brit's success if she had to pay the price of being controlled by her label and portraying a false image that she was not.
She always wanted to be recognized more as a "great performer" than a "pop princess" and she did it, everyone knows that Britney is the eternal pop princess and Xtina is the voice of the generation..

GURL 🤣🤣🤣 That was all part of the perception marketing 🤣🤣 Christina was as overly managed and calculated as Britney and everyone else.  Her superiority complex was a result of constantly being overshadowed by Britney and was legit second nature. And I am not saying that’s a bad thing. Just obvious. 

I can’t it being 2022 and people still not seeing through the bull**** of Hollywood and marketing. 

as for this thread…loved this performance and still do 😍

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Tingle2mingle86 said:

GURL 🤣🤣🤣 That was all part of the perception marketing 🤣🤣 Christina was as overly managed and calculated as Britney and everyone else.  Her superiority complex was a result of constantly being overshadowed by Britney and was legit second nature. And I am not saying that’s a bad thing. Just obvious. 

I can’t it being 2022 and people still not seeing through the bull**** of Hollywood and marketing. 

as for this thread…loved this performance and still do 😍

I can't believe Christina fans are still as deluded as they were 15 years ago.:ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:

The Stripped era was just Christina following the new trend that became popular while still trying to hold on to Brtneys'-slutty-pop roots that kick started her fame. Stripped was the era that should have solidified Christina as pop royalty, the way "In The Zone" did Britney and  B-Day did Beyonce. Instead, Christinas'-Stripped was a conflict between being a slutty choreographed pop-princess versus being the meaningful pop-rock chick that the new trend demanded( ala PInk. Michelle Branch, Avril lavigne, Amy Lee, etc).  Stripped was a success due to it being a well produced 'Christina Aguilera' album but it left Christina with no identity during a such critical time in celebrity culture; a time where the methods to fame and success were changing.  Even Britney was lucky to have paused on such a high pop identity with the music video and song for "Toxic".

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, cubasterd said:

I can't believe Christina fans are still as deluded as they were 15 years ago.:ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:

The Stripped era was just Christina following the new trend that became popular while still trying to hold on to Brtneys'-slutty-pop roots that kick started her fame. Stripped was the era that should have solidified Christinas as pop royalty, the way "In The Zone" did Britney and  B-Day did Beyonce. Instead, Christinas'-Stripped was a conflict between being a slutty choreographed pop-princess versus being the meaningful pop-rock chick that the new trend demanded( ala PInk. Michelle Branch, Avril lavigne, Amy Lee, etc).  Stripped was a success due to it being a well produced 'Christina Aguilera' album but it left Christina with no identity during a such critical; a time where the methods to fame and success were changing.  Even Britney was lucky to have paused on such a high pop identity with the music video and song for "Toxic".

Omg this is spot on. I’ve always said it and I will never not say it…BUT the biggest reason she was never as successful as her peers or as remembered is because she never had her own identity in the industry. Till this day still hasn’t. It’s like she’s constantly trying to find it which sounds good but 20 years into your career is not. She’s never truly carved out her own identity as an artist and made herself but more specifically her art untouchable and unforgettable. There’s a reason she’s forgettable and I hate saying it. And it has nothing to do with reinventing her image because artists have done that for decades and even more drastically than she ever has. That’s not it. 

and she’s a very talented woman. Always has been always will be but she’s still searching for her place among others who did decades ago. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, Tingle2mingle86 said:

Omg this is spot on. I’ve always said it and I will never not say it…BUT the biggest reason she was never as successful as her peers or as remembered is because she never had her own identity in the industry. Till this day still hasn’t. It’s like she’s constantly trying to find it which sounds good but 20 years into your career is not. She’s never truly carved out her own identity as an artist and made herself but more specifically her art untouchable and unforgettable. There’s a reason she’s forgettable and I hate saying it. And it has nothing to do with reinventing her image because artists have done that for decades and even more drastically than she ever has. That’s not it. 

and she’s a very talented woman. Always has been always will be but she’s still searching for her place among others who did decades ago. 

Maybe because the identity of some artits is don't have identity? Madonna, Rosalia, even Selena Quintanilla have a lot of genres.

Is more easy than that, every career is diferent like every life and person is different, life is like this even i dont know if tomorrow im gonna die.

21 hours ago, dran said:

I think I can give credit to Christina's singing. At least Britney sang the "Satisfaction" part I guess? 

Yes, in the rehearsal its see that that part is live:

11:45

Also in the '99s she sings live above of some playback, Chris Rock presenting Britney and Nsync perfomance as a "festival of playback" when Britney, Justin and JC sing live, by the other hand Chilli and T-Boz made playback and only Left Eye rapped live. I mean, tags, tags... Pop artist where more criticized than a R&B group (Fanmail is more pop music that R&B by the way).

On 9/20/2022 at 5:45 AM, breathe_on_me_toxic said:

on the other hand. give me 5 people (in addition to xtina) that know the song in 2022. while ooops...

So funny because Come On Over is the 9th at top 10 Spotify Xtina more listen list 75 Millions now (i wasn't see in the top 10 never) is curiosity the ups and downs of some singles during the years.

More strange is the Criminal thing of Britney, is a hit in Spotify and Youtube sin so much time ago but not in the moment of the release.  

• Like 1

Had never seen that performance (Britney fan, not a Christina fan).

I liked it. Britney is clearly the better dancer but Christina was dancing and singing live. I don't know how she could keep singing after the dance break :ehidk_britney_um_eek: Practice I guess...

Anyways, I don't think she felt anything that particular night, but it might have bothered her that Britney made more headlines for her performance.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, descg said:

Maybe because the identity of some artits is don't have identity? Madonna, Rosalia, even Selena Quintanilla have a lot of genres.

Is more easy than that, every career is diferent like every life and person is different, life is like this even i dont know if tomorrow im gonna die.

Madonna changed her image a lot but she still has a solid identitiy., same with Rosalina. and Selena (from what I could tell in her movie). Its not about making music in different genres. All of those artist stayed true to who they always were despite the image and genre changes, unlike Christina who went on a campaign to say that her initial image was never the real her while trashing her previous sl**-pop genre and image.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, descg said:

But…the people you’ve mentioned are literally quite the opposite of everything I said. Great sentiment but most certainly not comparable or even remotely the point. Thank you tho you seem sweet 😍😍😍😍❤️

1 hour ago, cubasterd said:

Madonna changed her image a lot but she still has a solid identitiy., same with Rosalina. and Selena (from what I could tell in her movie). Its not about making music in different genres. All of those artist stayed true to who they always were despite the image and genre changes, unlike Christina who went on a campaign to say that her initial image was never the real her while trashing her previous sl**-pop genre and image.

yah... The punk 70s Madonna, the 90s Madonna and the atrecious Madonna from now is the same identity.... Sure

6 hours ago, Tingle2mingle86 said:

But…the people you’ve mentioned are literally quite the opposite of everything I said. Great sentiment but most certainly not comparable or even remotely the point. Thank you tho you seem sweet 😍😍😍😍❤️

Only because is your opinion, is not the same for me, for example:

0:40
"Apart of the changes of the style of her music you always recognites a Xtina song, because she have a recognite voice" Taylor

Super Bowl Ok GIF by Pepsi

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block