VMA 2000: How do you think Christina felt having to perform during the same show that Britney gave her legendary Oops performance

I don’t think she even cared. The media blew up the rivalry. I’m sure in Christina’s eyes she saw each other as two very different artists. Britney in her opinion was overly manufactured while she was the vocalist. Christina had an entirely different think going on. Aside from both being main pop girls, she was definitely edgier and relied on those live vocals. Unfortunately, she just doesn’t have many iconic moments and her attitude overshadowed much of her career.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, BeyonceIsQueen said:

Christina must have been pressed AF after Britney’s performance:shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

9 hours ago, GlitterRain said:

I can read, just fine. She didn’t make headlines for that performance though when Britney had everyone talking :awww_sarcastic_pout_britney_2006ney_idc_poor:

Y'all so stupid sometimes, i swear. Both of them had huge careers and huge successes.

But let me play your game...

Come On Over Baby (All I Want Is You) went #1 for 4 weeks, Oops didn't. :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2

I seriously just discovered she also performed at the VMAs that year , poor Christina , first Britney smashed the VMAs with her iconic performance leaving no room for discussion about Christina's performance, then VMAs 2003 she was swollen in Britney's frame when they Kissed Madonna and no one remembers her kissing Madonna , I mean no wonder she hated Britney all these years 😆

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
45 minutes ago, PaMisMuchachas said:

Y'all so stupid sometimes, i swear. Both of them had huge careers and huge successes.

But let me play your game...

Come On Over Baby (All I Want Is You) went #1 for 4 weeks, Oops didn't. :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

Oh sweetie let’s not go down that road. The Oops album went on to break records and become one of the best selling albums to date. Sit down please :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts:

Are We Clear? :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

• Love 2

For me, two different performances and performers. I don't think there is a huge comparison. 

I think I can give credit to Christina's singing. At least Britney sang the "Satisfaction" part I guess? Dancing is so much better for Britney obviously. I will have to argue, Britney performed new choreo for Oops, while I know Christina performed the choreo for Come on over

• Like 1
13 hours ago, ElenaB said:

xtina's performance was a bit controversial - she performed with fred durst after it was rumored that eminem and him had beef with xtina. so, it was like a  "f you" message to eminem. but anyways, it was obviously overshadowed by britney like everything xtina did from 98 to this day.

I forgot about the beef she had with Eminem. I think thats what kicked off her 'double standard' campaign that still persist today.lol

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block