DaBaby Concert Canceled Due to Low Ticket Sales Following Controversy

Zach F

DaBaby's concert is not moving forward.

The 30-year-old rapper, who faced much backlash after going on a homophobic rant last year, was set to perform on Friday (September 2) at the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, La.

The event has since been canceled, and it has to do with low ticket sales, via NOLA.com.

According to the New Orleans outlet, hardly any advance tickets had been sold, even when priced as low as $35. The number of tickets sold appeared to be fewer than 500. The arena has a concert capacity of approximately 14,000.

The show's promoter seemingly decided to cancel the show entirely, as the page was deactivated on Ticketmaster.

• Haha 5

i’m not entirely sure the ticket sales were because of the backlash… something tells me hid demographic doesn’t care about that stuff… maybe he just sucks??? anyways.. did he ever issue an apology for his remarks? i think instead of tearing someone down for being ignorant we should educate them… they otherwise his behavior will just be passed down the line… but whatever yay cancelled concert 

12 minutes ago, itsxrichiexbish said:

i’m not entirely sure the ticket sales were because of the backlash… something tells me hid demographic doesn’t care about that stuff… maybe he just sucks??? anyways.. did he ever issue an apology for his remarks? i think instead of tearing someone down for being ignorant we should educate them… they otherwise his behavior will just be passed down the line… but whatever yay cancelled concert 

He was offered education by people in the community and pledged to make donations to hiv/aids foundations and he ghosted the community organizers that he was supposed to work with nor did he ever make the donation he said he would make. 

People should be educated when they make a mistake. They should also be held to account for those mistakes. 

He had given no indication that he is at all remorseful for what he said. 

• Love 5
On 8/30/2022 at 2:20 PM, itsxrichiexbish said:

Or maybe stop worrying about what ppl u dont know and will never meet say? Ur statement is literal peasant concerns. Boohoo some stranger said something not even directly to me so now my gstring is in a bunch because everyone must have the same view as me and accept me for me. Great now accept him for him and get a life

• Haha 1
On 8/30/2022 at 2:41 PM, DirtyRokBoi22 said:

I don’t have nothing against him because I don’t expect everyone to like what I do 

but however donating to that campaign is just another slap across the faces of good people that the world of Scientology suspects is the reason for the spread in the first place 

garbage to think these hoes only relate to gay people Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMANLet It Go Whatever GIF by Hannah BronfmanKeep It 100 Big Brother GIF by Big Brother After Dark

Literally what am I reading

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block