Billboard names the 22 best VMA performances of all time

2 hours ago, Midnight said:

Leave Beyonka alone!!! :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

I think Beyoncé is so iconic and truly disrespected on this website for so many reasons, racism included. That being said, as amazing as the 2016 lemonade medley is, there is no one in hell it is more iconic or remembered than Slave 4 U or Oops. The same goes for Lady Gaga’s paparazzi performance… there is no way that is more memorable or discussed. It’s genuinely shocking to read this list.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, RIK THE ORIGINAL DOLL said:

I think Beyoncé is so iconic and truly disrespected on this website for so many reasons, racism included. That being said, as amazing as the 2016 lemonade medley is, there is no one in hell it is more iconic or remembered than Slave 4 U or Oops. The same goes for Lady Gaga’s paparazzi performance… there is no way that is more memorable or discussed. It’s genuinely shocking to read this list.

I honestly think most people on this site, including myself just doesn’t get the hype around her. Yeah she is talented, but the way the media makes her look like she is the second coming of Christ every time she releases a song, which quite honestly are very meh. Janet Jackson and Rihanna have much better discographies. And the constant *** kissing from the medium her *** when she does the minimum gets old quick. Don’t even get me started on her fan base. And not everything is about race. And she doesn’t have a original bone in her body, just saying. 

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, britney_rocks said:

I honestly think most people on this site, including myself just doesn’t get the hype around her. Yeah she is talented, but the way the media makes her look like she is the second coming of Christ every time she releases a song, which quite honestly are very meh. Janet Jackson and Rihanna have much better discographies. And the constant *** kissing from the medium her *** when she does the minimum gets old quick. Don’t even get me started on her fan base. And not everything is about race. And she doesn’t have a original bone in her body, just saying. 

I’m happy that you disliking her is not about race. It should not be the normalized reason… though you saying not everything is about race is obviously irritating and negating from the reality. Others here definitely  do dislike her and a lot of it has to do with her being Black.. or alternatively use racial stereotypes and anti black language to insult her. calling her loud, aggressive, some comparing her to a monkey. Some saying she married a “thug”. At that point it’s not about the music or even the hype around her. 

she is an icon and a legend. Is she overrated sometimes, sure. and to me she is definitely not deserving the spot she has received on this list, but I can’t pretend everyone’s been kind to her here 

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
7 hours ago, RIK THE ORIGINAL DOLL said:

That being said, as amazing as the 2016 lemonade medley is, there is no one in hell it is more iconic or remembered

I've never actually watched Beys performance :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

I don't know how they came up with this list, like what standard had to be reached in order to make it on the list but Madonna's performance is pretty amazing. 

I wanna be there when you touch fire

this person is really standing 10 toes down and ranking Oops performance at #19...the disrespect. 

Also.. the general disrespect for Britney by this article - the majority of people cannot tell you anything about those performances in the top 5 BUT we will know that Britneys stripped off her clothes in the Oops performance, she danced with a snake in the Slave 4 U performance, she kissed Madonna etc. Her performances deserve higher rankings

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.