"Hold Me Closer" debuts with 3.13 million streams on Spotify. Day 9: 2,452,233 streams *second biggest day*

6 hours ago, Popcornie said:

Shes from US but she has always done better on internatiobal charts. Toxic, Oops!, MATM charted much better in the UK for example

This is true. Even in her peak some of her songs flopped in US but became absolute CLASSICS in the UK/Europe/rest of of world. My Prerogative for example is easily one of her most recognisable hits in the UK.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Popcornie said:

Shes from US but she has always done better on internatiobal charts. Toxic, Oops!, MATM charted much better in the UK for example

This is true. Even in her peak some of her songs flopped in US but became absolute CLASSICS in the UK/Europe/rest of of world. My Prerogative for example is easily one of her most recognisable hits in the UK.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Onyx_Zone-89 said:

That was just the first day! Usually streams climb to higher numbers as time goes. Hopefully we can get that number 1 spot on billboard and spotify. I knew she had a few hits still left in her

We need 22 million US streams and 90k sales now

9 hours ago, alexxxx said:

Hold Me Closer also accumulated an audience of 9M on US radio, we needed 4M for a top 20 debut. We’re on track for a Top 5 debut on the Billboard Hot 100 if US streams are stable/increase! 

This would be Britney’s first top 10 and first top 5 since 2013 with Scream & Shout!

That would also mean top five hits in every decade since the 90s

90s, 00s, 10s, 20s - 4 decades. Queen of longevity :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

• Love 9
4 hours ago, tco said:

We need 22 million US streams and 90k sales now

No you don’t. That would be a guaranteed no. 1 but Nicki did that with almost no radio. Britney is already at 9 million.  If she gets to 20 million in radio, 15 million + in streams and 40k+ she might be in good shape. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Mexwero said:

Creating a dance for tik tok isn’t really a good idea. Mostly because the song is too slow to create a proper tik tok dance. I think it would be more plausible to create a trend. Maybe since Brit and Elton used pictures of their younger selves, it could be like a throwback moment starting with some video of the present you and then cutting to pictures of your younger self? Obviously with hold me closer playing in the background? I don’t know, it’s just an idea…LOL I’m a millennial trying to figure out tik tok as well 🤣🤣

ROLLERSKATE. glitter glasses. Feather Boas. Bell Bottoms, Belly Rings. Big Hair. Pink. Skateboarding. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block