Nicki Minaj has released a compilation album Queen Radio: Volume 1

Style.

Nicki Minaj should just… retire. I’m tired of her stupid rollouts, can you explain me what is the point of a compilation album? 

Don’t tell me Super Freaky Girl was never meant to happen? All of this success just for this single to be meant for this stupid compilation? Bye!

• Haha 6

oh mah gah this is so stupid..... :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

Compilation albums were amazing back in the day when you actually had to buy music to listen to stuff. They came from famous artists with big catalogues, and people who bought them were those who always liked their music but never got to own an album but still wanted to have something from them without having to buy everything all at once, or if you were a new fan and wanted to start to dive into their catalogue but didn't know where to start, or a fan who wanted to enjoy their music in retrospective... But now? Now it's a stupid idea, even more so if it's only released digitally. Back then they had to choose each song for the compilation carefully because there was a time limit on the physical CD, but now with digital releases they can simply put all her singles in a playlist, why even bother selecting tracks? It makes no sense. And if they are going to release a physical album, then they should really put work on it and create amazing design and artwork, pull unseen pictures from the vault, write a fantastic review or essay on the artist, publish an official track-by-track commentary, print everything on quality material, cool merchandise, even freaking stickers......... But if not, then DON'T EVEN BOTHER.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

oh mah gah this is so stupid..... :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

Compilation albums were amazing back in the day when you actually had to buy music to listen to stuff. They came from famous artists with big catalogues, and people who bought them were those who always liked their music but never got to own an album but still wanted to have something from them without having to buy everything all at once, or if you were a new fan and wanted to start to dive into their catalogue but didn't know where to start, or a fan who wanted to enjoy their music in retrospective... But now? Now it's a stupid idea, even more so if it's only released digitally. Back then they had to choose each song for the compilation carefully because there was a time limit on the physical CD, but now with digital releases they can simply put all her singles in a playlist, why even bother selecting tracks? It makes no sense. And if they are going to release a physical album, then they should really put work on it and create amazing design and artwork, pull unseen pictures from the vault, write a fantastic review or essay on the artist, publish an official track-by-track commentary, print everything on quality material, cool merchandise, even freaking stickers......... But if not, then DON'T EVEN BOTHER.

Don’t tell me we waited four years for a compilation album. I really thought that Super Freaky Girl will lead us to an album. I mean, technically it can still be attached to a new album since this compilation is a greatest hits only. Right?

Not that I care, but Super Freaky Girl is a legitimate hit all around the globe and she’s wasting the hype with this basic a ss compilation. This is stupid. 

• Love 1

Why is everyone against a compilation album? It’s a rarity these days for stars to last more than 3 years. By releasing a greatest hits album she’s iterating that she’s not a one-hit wonder or someone whose shine burned out in a matter of less than half a decade. Nicki has enough hits to put out this kind of collection (though I’m not sure about more than one volume).

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, bas che said:

Why is everyone against a compilation album? It’s a rarity these days for stars to last more than 3 years. By releasing a greatest hits album she’s iterating that she’s not a one-hit wonder or someone whose shine burned out in a matter of less than half a decade. Nicki has enough hits to put out this kind of collection (though I’m not sure about more than one volume).

What is happening to Super Freaky Girl? Does anybody know? Is this her My Prerogative? :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell:

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, bas che said:

So what's the difference between a compilation and a playlist in 2022?

• Like 2
4 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

So what's the difference between a compilation and a playlist in 2022?

I buy physical CD's. If I were a Nicki fan, I would buy this. I understand though that compilations are less important now. One recent-ish example I can recall of a hits collection being a good idea is Kylie Minogue putting a new one out leading up to her highly publicized performance at the Glastonbury Festival in the UK in 2019. More than 3 million people saw her set and the album hit #1 in the UK and Australia. 

As for the difference between a compilation and a playlist...not a massive one unless someone buys a physical copy. I suppose promotion of a compilation can help bring attention to an artist. Even with their decreased importance, I personally think every artist with enough of a body of work should have one as it can help curious listeners who want to test out their highlights.

11 hours ago, bas che said:

I agree , & First off everyone 

Every artist is set to release greatest hits albums after a few successful hit albums ok? 
major artists !!! And she’s one of them

i like the cover it’s iconic in as itself she’s iconic. And she added a new Sound to tip it off 

fans don’t appreciate albums well they should cuz Beyoncé do 

23 hours ago, Freaky Tiny Style AK said:

Nicki Minaj should just… retire. I’m tired of her stupid rollouts, can you explain me what is the point of a compilation album? 

Don’t tell me Super Freaky Girl was never meant to happen? All of this success just for this single to be meant for this stupid compilation? Bye!

23 hours ago, Freaky Tiny Style AK said:

#NickiMinajIsOverParty

The audacity to call this volume 1? Does it mean a volume 2 is on the way? KEEP IT BICH! I am done! :rihit_rihanna_annoyed_throw_walk_away_bye_irritated_mad:

14 hours ago, Freaky Tiny Style AK said:

Don’t tell me we waited four years for a compilation album. I really thought that Super Freaky Girl will lead us to an album. I mean, technically it can still be attached to a new album since this compilation is a greatest hits only. Right?

Not that I care, but Super Freaky Girl is a legitimate hit all around the globe and she’s wasting the hype with this basic a ss compilation. This is stupid. 

1 hour ago, Freaky Tiny Style AK said:

Volume 2 is on the way, as if somebody asked for this mess :trash_throw_away_recycle:

1 hour ago, Freaky Tiny Style AK said:

IF this single won’t be attached to a proper album, I am going to UN STAN this bich. 

spacer.png

Not you dragging her to the filth :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

No Va Va Voom? No Turn Me On? No Hey Mama? No Stupid Heaux?

Tracklist is questionable...

7 minutes ago, Forever222 said:

Why isn’t “only” on the album? :mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure:

Good Form, Marilyn Monroe, Shanghai , Crying Games and Trini Dem Girls are also missing...

Guess she does all this to prepare GP for a proper album and her documentary :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

7 minutes ago, Freaky Tiny Style AK said:

It’s what she deserves for MILKING the Barbs! I honestly feel betrayed with this stupid release. I pray to god that she will be announcing a new album and SFG as a lead on Sunday! :trash_throw_away_recycle:

Feel ya mate :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Well, she better do it otherwise, as I feel, Barbz would have a word with ha (to put it nicely) :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block