"Hold Me Closer" Stream + Comment Party! - Updated with official visualizer

Just now, andy131 said:

This! The song is so good y'all. Either way! IT'S TIME TO JUST ENJOY ITTTTTTTTTTT. We are so lucky to have this moment. 

I mean…I get that we want MORE Britney and we have the demo. So listen to that to get your fix and also this version to support her. She was involved and maybe she wanted some things changed and removed.  

• Love 1

It's just an odd thing to be complaining when most people on this forum were accepting we weren't getting any music from her for a while and this popped out of nowhere. Like, why even be disappointed at all? So odd. This whole experience was a pleasant surprise, and hearing her voice in less than a year from being free is pretty awesome. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, acwilliams said:

Some you are dramatic as ****  

As a Britney stan, of course I LOVED the leak! 

Do I think the song sounded better with Britney's 'Baby' opening it, yes, of course I do. I also liked her opening the chorus alone and having her own single part in the second verse.   

HOWEVER, how some of you are saying she is singing background is beyond me! It is a duet, her and Elton are literally singling the whole song (minus two lines) together. Personally I think Britney's vocals stand out more than Elton's, I hear her voice more front and center, and she closes out the song. 

The quality and polish of the final version is also better, and Elton's vocals were a bit off in the leak, this has now been rectified in the final.  

The song is a hit. Britney has given it her blessing and the GP seem happy for her to be back.  This is what matters. Also after everything she has been through, I honestly never thought I would hear Britney music again, I am just so very proud to be a Britney stan for the past 24 years. 

you are correct sir.

Just coming in to say her vocals runs and riffs give me literal chills in a good way.

She has such a warmth to her voice naturally and to actually hear her use her range ...  this just rocks to me. ~  of course I say this as a vocal major who hasn't used her degree in 7 years. 

• Love 2

Y'all should appreciate this release just a little more, tbh.

1. Britney is trying to step out back into a career that last left her scarred and humiliated for a variety of reasons.

2. She is trying to do something new and less ***ed up. If this were a Team Con continuation, Hold Me Closer would be filled with **** coos and innuendo about how the "Tiny Dancer" is actually a man's c8** that Britney wants on her highway.

3. Britney wants to see that she is capable of not flopping despite being 40. She's already said she's more fearful and not as into taking risks as she used to be. So what if the song is a little more careful than usual? Do you encourage a person trying to lose weight by berating them over why they didn't develop a six pack overnight? She's inching back into the limelight after a long time away. Chill.

• Love 5

My boyfriend has the whatever new iphone and airpods pro? Either way. I listened to it from my phone first on my soundbar and I liked it. Then I listened to it on YouTube (also soundbar). Then I listened to it on his pods with Dolby Atmos and OMG!! The mega difference!! It was beautiful. I head Britney so much better. Literally Britney in my right ear and Elton on the left. Just beautiful! So happy with it!! :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

• Love 2
Just now, David Rose said:

Can iTunes/Apple people explain something to me.... I purchased the song on iTunes, but when I actually play the song from my library I want to stream it from Apple Music and not use my downloaded file. How can I do that? Lol sorry if this is a dumb question...

Sign out of itunes.

23c8fbdd5238b2f1b63cced423dd453d.gif

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.