"Hold Me Closer" Stream + Comment Party! - Updated with official visualizer

Ladies, my iTunes review..  

“This is just what I wanted from a new Britney song right now. It’s fun, boppy and a lot more danceable than I thought I’d be! Real fans know this is just Britney having fun in the studio with a legendary artist who wanted to make music with her. It’s not a formal return to Britney Spears as like a new lead single for an album or anything. But this collab is absolutely Fab! I love it, and think both E&B sound great. I like how their voices are blended, and the effects within the song are good. Something nice to dance and kiss away the last of the summer..

~ MissSpearsSaysSo” 😄
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Callie4610 said:

Please do not insult me, that’s extremely inappropriate I was just merely stating that I thought there would be more Britney like there was on the demo. I don’t know if it’s because I’m not streaming it on apple or Spotify but parts of it sounds distorted and it was hard for me to hear portions. Ultimately I am happy and grateful to hear her voice in anything. 

You Better be happy:bichpls_telling_preaching_mad_fighting_pointing_touching:

5 minutes ago, Onyx_Zone-89 said:

I honestly really don't like how she didn't have a single solo line. Nice song but she is literally doing backup and that's it. I liked him getting rid of the 2nd baby but they should have kept the rest.  This is not a feature, its a sing along and she's doing backup. Might as well just call it an elton song. It's no different than gaga doing backing vocals fir quicksand or kesha in ttwe

It's not like that 100%, she is really loud with ELton on her (old) verse and there's still adlibs, and She closes the song. IT COULD BE MUCH WORSE.  We need to be happy the song is a hit. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, limecakes said:

I was strong enough to not listen to the leak before today. I have tears in my eyes. Britney Spears was not supposed to make it. I think she was being set up to die in that place or something … but she saved herself. This song makes me think of that. Its so good. Love her POWERFUL lower registry, she just brings a magic about her. I didn't know how much I needed this. Thank you Britney for choosing yourself and choosing happiness. 

THIS are my exact feelings! A new chapter has begun!

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, dan_luke05 said:

I prefer the demo!!! I am slightly disappointed with the final version!!!! I think maybe the background singer stuff coming from Brit on insta was defo shade after hearing the final cut. I can't help but wonder if things have got a little messy behind the scenes with this release and she's not entirely happy with everything? Or maybe she was just over whelmed? I will still stream to get our girl to the top, but will still be listening to that demo too :-) UK radio will LOVE it!!!!!

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Onyx_Zone-89 said:

I honestly really don't like how she didn't have a single solo line. Nice song but she is literally doing backup and that's it. I liked him getting rid of the 2nd baby but they should have kept the rest.  This is not a feature, its a sing along and she's doing backup. Might as well just call it an elton song. It's no different than gaga doing backing vocals fir quicksand or kesha in ttwe

I hear you but it’s what she wanted I feel

13 hours ago, KrisJ said:

Well it’s more polished and cleaner than the little bit rougher demo. Some of Britney’s ad-libs are pushed to the back and Elton and Britney are more equal when singing together on the song.

I can see why fans would be upset a little BUT remember we HAVE the demo. Plus Elton’s team is going above and beyond with promotion for this song so if they want their artist to be a bit more featured that’s their choice.

We need to stream and buy and support and promote the official release though! 

Enjoy the demo in between all that. 

I regret not listening to the leak and now not being able to find it 🥲

I LOVE it and KNOW it will smash.

However…

I truly do not understand why it got so much hype with insiders saying she does many amazing ad-libs and has never sounded better. Like, why have all this potential from her incredible recorded vocals and then not let her shine all the way? What’s the point in leaving out perfect vocal moments and taking away her solo moments? The track is great but it’s a little generic. Little extra things could’ve made it exceptional. 

Not sure whose decisions these were, but I hateeee that the general public keep missing out on her full potential. 

Still am grateful and am happy for her! 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

FYI again- this is from the producer. 

“Spears was “incredibly specific” about how she wanted her vocals and levels mixed, he says. “She was reallycollaborative and had really good ideas about the product”

So what we have is most likely how Britney wanted it to be! 

• Love 6

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.