Jennifer Lopez has outlasted almost all of her peers. Why?

14 hours ago, GODYONCE IS A LEGEND said:

Jennifer Lopez has outlasted almost all of her peers such as Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Shania Twain, Shakira, Christina Aguilera and many others in terms of global popularity. She currently has 220 million Instagram followers making her the 16th most followed account on the site’s platform which is more than any of her 90s pop contemporaries or acting peers, including Jennifer Aniston, and she is the 4th most searched female artist of all time since the creation of the Internet; only behind Britney Spears, Rihanna and Beyoncé. In 2020, she was the 4th highest paid female artist behind Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift and  Billie Eilish. In the last five years, she’s starred in 3 major blockbuster hits and continues to release music almost every year with some of the hottest industry names such as Bad Bunny, Cardi B, Maluma, Rauw Alejandro and several others. Her mega-successful Planet Hollywood residency, ‘All I Have’ was also considered as one of the most successful Las Vegas residencies of all time — at one point breaking the record for the highest-grossing show in the theater’s history. In 2020, she headlined the Super Bowl Half Time Show and her Netflix documentary to go alongside ‘Halftime’ has been one of the most-viewed documentaries of 2022 so far. Also taking into account is her highly-successful fashion brand which is credited for spearheading the trend of celebrities launching their own lines — whether it’s make-up, perfume, clothing, and/or other products. As of date, her record-breaking fragrance line has become the most successful celebrity line in the world, with sales exceeding $2 billion. As if running a billion-dollar empire wasn’t enough, she is also credited for inventing Google Images and continues to be a major topic of discussion in all the tabloids, magazines and pop culture gossip sites. The question remains, why is Jennifer Lopez aka Jenny from the Block aka J.LO still such a celebrity force 25 years after her major breakthrough despite being written off so early in her career?

Discuss.

Mariah was famous for a decade before we even knew who JLO was lol. 

• Haha 1

At this point, she´s more known for dating other famous men that being an artist, really. Her music has not so successfull lately (last bigger hit she got is that one song with Belcalis and DJ Khaled, if I am not mistaken). Her movies are nothing groundbreaking as well. I heard there was some buzz around her movie with pole scenes (that movie about *********). However, the movie got recognition for JLO being almost 50 (if not already 50) and sliding a pole but it never got recognition for comedic features or great acting (as far as I can tell). So as for now, she might be in newspapers 24/7 but that does not mean she is more successful than her peers. IMHO she is only rich (create some drama during quaranteen) but not as successful as it may seems. Obvi, she owns a football team, had Netflix docu, releases songs, films movies etc. but majority of that can be said about half of the Hollywood, so she´s nothing exeptional. Remember how bewildered people were when MTV announced that from all people it was JLO who received the Vanguard Awards? Nobody understood. So her last memorable project was Superbowl and even there, she was not the main star 'cause Shakira outshined her. As I´ve stated, she´s not more successful (she´s more successful than regular american / regular person, that is true but not more than her peers). Media coverage does not change it a bit. She´s more known to be a professional celebrity just like Kardashians / Jenners than being a particular artist or a bussinness woman. However, I cannot deny her hustle. Being rich like she already is and working more, she´s hard worker. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block