Beyonce drops a teaser for the Renaissance visual album

Mr. Cavill

27 minutes ago, Body ache said:

640x640.jpg

23-EEE5-C9-A154-408-C-8370-E6-EB56-BFDCED.jpg

Beyrox strikes again.

Yeah but the original design of the mask with multiple faces wasn't done specifically for JLO nor Bey. J think it premiered at some fashion show a few years ago in New York (could be wrong). The girls use it as a (fashion) symbol. It could also play a role in the videos too. 

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I'm not a huge fan of the album but I'm more interested in these visuals than whatever she put out last decade

From Lemonade onwards, she's always told a slightly different narrative with her visuals which on the one hand extend the meaning of the song but on the other add another layer to it. That was the case with Lemonade - her emotional journey from finding out Jay cheated on her to forgiving him and loving him all night long (all through chapters), she added poetry reading between each chapter + she touched upon how her experience is inevitably black experience due to the generational trauma in her family and other black families. Not just that but she referenced slavery, plantation, freedom, complexion, racism, histirical roots, mysticism, etc. If you only listen to the album without the visuals, the personal experience comes at the front. 

Spoiler

HT_beyonce_lemonade_4_jt_160424_16x9_992

Screen-Shot-2016-04-25-at-10-34-18-AM.jp

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5vPvwc-iPS34XvoF25jb

d371d8fac9d43ab4fcab59c02200a7ea--lemona

4bb70354bc59e50d19e77217b3c64b8d--lemona

tumblr_o69i5hg1l01ttyb6eo2_1280.jpg

For the record, she didn't write the poems. 

In "Black is King" she retells the "Lion King" movie through her songs and videos. The whole movie does feel like a letter to Africa, as she says herself. I personally think she did a better job with this project when it comes to VISUALS, than with any of her previous work. There was progression and you could tell. So I'm excited about the Renaissance visuals. 

Spoiler

FSKmBgRXEAAF5Tf?format=jpg&name=large

FSKmB-ZWYAIGLS0?format=jpg&name=large

FSKmCfwXEAAgpVh?format=jpg&name=large

FSKmC_HXMAI3glu?format=jpg&name=large

This video alone is a fantastic example of what I mean

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block