Elton John officially announces "Hold Me Closer" 🚀🌹

1 minute ago, Slayer said:

I've noticed on quite a few collabs some of the artists officially confirm on their socials HOURS later.

David Guetta tends to do that a lot.

IMO it’s ok. Once you get to a certain level in the industry the fans and outlets do the promotion for you and generate immense hype so that when they DO finally officially announce said singles or projects. Even MORE hype is generated. Only artists who reach that level can do that. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, ChrisBritSlo said:

Lyrically It would make a better sense. But then the "It's Britney, beep" line probably wouldn't have had such impact If heard only as second or third single imo

well, second singles have always been impactful one way or another, the biggest examples Toxic and TTWE :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

If she released BTI before the VMA's, and the GM after the VMA's performance, GM would've still had the same impact it did imo 

but anyways, Blackout is my least favorite album so I don't really care that much  :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DulaPeeps said:

IMO it’s ok. Once you get to a certain level in the industry the fans and outlets do the promotion for you and generate immense hype so that when they DO finally officially announce said singles or projects. Even MORE hype is generated. Only artists who reach that level can do that. 

off topic, but that's actually what FAMOS was about.

In a world before social media had such an importance for artists, music, etc, FAMOS was looking for the fans to become the ones that did the promo of the music and shows by spreading the word in this sort of network. Fans were the ones that were gonna get paid for doing the work of promotion instead of ads or other intermediaries.

But the FAMOS surprise died before it started, as they went bankrupt before they could even launch the project officially 

5 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

well, second singles have always been impactful one way or another, the biggest examples Toxic and TTWE :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

If she released BTI before the VMA's, and the GM after the VMA's performance, GM would've still had the same impact it did imo 

but anyways, Blackout is my least favorite album so I don't really care that much  :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

I'm glad you left out Perfume from the "Impactful 2nd singles" list:queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

• Haha 7

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.