Shakira Could Be Sentenced Up To 8 Years For Alleged $15 Million Tax Fraud

On 7/30/2022 at 6:02 AM, bitbitboi said:

So is she really in trouble, or are media outlets just milking the news for clickbait? I feel like this is too serious to report it so lightly (meaning with little proof, or too early on in the case).

Besides, I can't believe the Spanish government is literally treating her like a millionaire robber while her team says exactly the opposite, that she did absolutely nothing wrong and that, on the contrary, she already paid more than 15 millions in taxes! What's the tea??

Also:

1) Not Spain calling out a Latinx for allegedly robbing when they built their country on freaking COLONIZATION.

2) So Shakira's hips lied?!

So because "Spain built their country on freaking COLONIZATION" now any person coming from the colonized countries, can steal from the Spanish system?

On 7/30/2022 at 6:02 AM, bitbitboi said:

So is she really in trouble, or are media outlets just milking the news for clickbait? I feel like this is too serious to report it so lightly (meaning with little proof, or too early on in the case).

Besides, I can't believe the Spanish government is literally treating her like a millionaire robber while her team says exactly the opposite, that she did absolutely nothing wrong and that, on the contrary, she already paid more than 15 millions in taxes! What's the tea??

Also:

1) Not Spain calling out a Latinx for allegedly robbing when they built their country on freaking COLONIZATION.

2) So Shakira's hips lied?!

Africa has 54 countries, 2 were never colonized, good luck with your hate.

The past is the past. 

Not people using colonization as an argument here, jfc.

I don't know a lot about the case other than everybody knows she and Piqué owe massive ammounts of money (just like most filthy rich people, tbh) for tax evasion. She paid some of it but apparently now she claims she wasn't living in Spain in the years when she had two kids who were being raised here so...I'd say she'll have to pay for those years too.

Anyway I don't think she'll end up in prison, prosecutors just ask for whatever sentence and it's always way less in these cases, I'm sure they'll come to an agreement.

• Like 1

Guys, about colonization, it's not a light issue. Same with slavery. We cannot just forget about it. Colonial countries should apologize, and restore everything that was stolen. About slavery, those whose ancestors were enslaved still have less rights than the rest. So if Shakira robbed the Spanish government, she should of course pay, but then let's take this opportunity to revise the past and amend such immense mistakes.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Guys, about colonization, it's not a light issue. Same with slavery. We cannot just forget about it. Colonial countries should apologize, and restore everything that was stolen. About slavery, those whose ancestors were enslaved still have less rights than the rest. So if Shakira robbed the Spanish government, she should of course pay, but then let's take this opportunity to revise the past and amend such immense mistakes.

It isn't a lightissue, but... 

It happend 

Yes, it's not spain, mainly it was Europe together. 

• Like 1

Why is everyone here defending Shakira?

Tax evasion is a serious crime and 15 million dollars is a lot of money. Why should she be excluded because she is rich and famous?

Saying that she shouldn't get jail because she has paid up is like saying you shouldn't be punished for stealing a car because you give it back. Then you would have nothing to lose by stealing as you would only need to give it back if you get caught.

I feel sometimes people love celebrities so much that they will defend anything. It's like MJ's fans who refuse to admit he was a child ******** when it is clear as day that he was.

• Love 3
On 7/30/2022 at 1:20 PM, cubasterd said:

Why are you trying to drag the US? Shakira isn't from the US. And it will only take a quick internet search to point out Spains own corruption. Fall back. :trash_throw_away_recycle:

Because someone said something comparating the Britney people with the Shakira situation on Spain? read again the posts, also of the "spaniards" and money and bla, bla, bla... But that is aceptable 

smash my love is like wo GIF by Mya

• Like 1
On 7/30/2022 at 7:47 PM, jordeezy said:

This makes me sad. From what I remember, Shakira said she wasn't in Spain long enough to owe taxes but the gov used paparazzi pics against her (all alleged but I may be wrong). Very much like Britney's case. 

She lied, she lived in Esplugues De Llobregat (i live just in the next city) a city near of Barcelona with her kids and Pique.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

No.

But let's not forget.

What ethnic are you? For example if you are white living in North America you are a England person that kill the Native Americans, the real Americans, let's not forget.

Not was only Spain... Englands, Portuguese, Italians. Europe in general go to the Americas that time, i don't know if you know that.

19 hours ago, Viking84 said:

Why is everyone here defending Shakira?

Tax evasion is a serious crime and 15 million dollars is a lot of money. Why should she be excluded because she is rich and famous?

Saying that she shouldn't get jail because she has paid up is like saying you shouldn't be punished for stealing a car because you give it back. Then you would have nothing to lose by stealing as you would only need to give it back if you get caught.

I feel sometimes people love celebrities so much that they will defend anything. It's like MJ's fans who refuse to admit he was a child ******** when it is clear as day that he was.

Not only that, if you are rich you have more time and you can argue with them, a worker social persona with that crime is going to go to jail at minute.

Isabel Pantoja a Spanish singer was in Jail because similiar crimes, but she is only know in Spain and in Latin America, Shakira is more know worldwide and have more power, obviously shes is not going to go. 

Oh and she leave Barcelona because she know that not because Pique, he is with another girls since the beginning of the relationship, all Barcelona know that include she.

She only wanted the Pique genres for have kids, shes very false and intelligent (in a bad way).

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, descg said:

Isabel Pantoja a Spanish singer was in Jail because similiar crimes

But la Pantoja didn't go to prison for tax evasion, she was involved in a whole *** criminal money laundering operation, it's not the same.

Shakira will reach an agreement and she'll never go to prison, because if they go that hard after her they'd have to go hard after every other rich person, and that won't happen.

5 minutes ago, Tar_isa said:

But la Pantoja didn't go to prison for tax evasion, she was involved in a whole *** criminal money laundering operation, it's not the same.

Shakira will reach an agreement and she'll never go to prison, because if they go that hard after her they'd have to go hard after every other rich person, and that won't happen.

But this things are more and more penality from laws and society and thats is right.

7 minutes ago, descg said:

But this things are more and more penality from laws and society and thats is right.

Sí, pero no va a pasar y menos con Shakira. Pagará lo que deba, como hizo antes, y listo. La fiscalía pide la pena máxima para asustar y para dar visibilidad al caso y todo eso, pero luego la defensa hará su trabajo y al final el juez ni de coña va a meterla a ella en la cárcel, que además sería un escándalo internacional. Antes tendrían que meter a muchos otros.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block