Shakira Could Be Sentenced Up To 8 Years For Alleged $15 Million Tax Fraud

So is she really in trouble, or are media outlets just milking the news for clickbait? I feel like this is too serious to report it so lightly (meaning with little proof, or too early on in the case).

Besides, I can't believe the Spanish government is literally treating her like a millionaire robber while her team says exactly the opposite, that she did absolutely nothing wrong and that, on the contrary, she already paid more than 15 millions in taxes! What's the tea??

Also:

1) Not Spain calling out a Latinx for allegedly robbing when they built their country on freaking COLONIZATION.

2) So Shakira's hips lied?!

• Love 1
  • Haha 5
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods
10 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

So is she really in trouble, or are media outlets just milking the news for clickbait? I feel like this is too serious to report it so lightly (meaning with little proof, or too early on in the case).

Besides, I can't believe the Spanish government is literally treating her like a millionaire robber while her team says exactly the opposite, that she did absolutely nothing wrong and that, on the contrary, she already paid more than 15 millions in taxes! What's the tea??

Also:

1) Not Spain calling out a Latinx for allegedly robbing when they built their country on freaking COLONIZATION.

not sure grammy awards GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

19 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

this :well_cookie_monster_point_blue_black:

20 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

:spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

Let's see what will be revealed during the trial, I guess it's too early to make final statements now. On the other hand, Shakira has already allegedly gave the ES government some cash so :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

2 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

The Spanish gov’t is the party saying Shakira owes these taxes. DEF not click bait. She’s in big trouble…and I assume she’s going to try flee Spain.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

I don’t even think you need to say alleged…the gov’t is accusing Shakira of tax fraud. They gov’t doesn’t do this lightly.

35OBSZF3XZHF3OGBXAYKCBVNJE.jpg
ENGLISH.ELPAIS.COM

The authorities in Spain know more about the Colombian singer than any tabloid journalist. With the devotion of...

• Super Mods
17 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

I don’t even think you need to say alleged…the gov’t is accusing Shakira of tax fraud. They gov’t doesn’t do this lightly.

That’s what I’m saying. There has been some serious cash that’s not been accounted for. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, mattdw said:

This is messy as hell. I'm surprised the Spanish government is actually pursuing this since they already got the money she owed them. 

Congratulations, the most stupid thing i read in time... That is why Amarica is like this, because people like you. 

• Like 1

Let's get facts right:

- The law is the law, normal people pay taxes, rich people should pay too.

- Shakira is from spanish and lebanese descendence in the 1900´s.

- She got offered a plea deal and refused it.

- She is mentioned in the Panama papers.

- This investigation has been over for years and years, it is serious.

Looking forward seeing how everything proceeds.

• Love 3
  • Like 3
6 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

Also:

1) What happened during colonization times has nothing to do with Shakira. She is of spanish (actually catalan) and lebanese descendence from the 1900's, much after the colonization. She has spainsh nationality. The goverment has all the right to pursue the cause of tax evasion.

2) Yes, she and her team lied. Her first baby was born in spain even though she says she was living in Bahamas back then. It was a planned delivery. Why would somebody plan a baby delivery in spain while claiming to live in Bahamas? And then, the baby lives in spain and is registered there, but she lives in Bahamas? Oh come on...

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block