Ricky Martin Nephew Drops Restraining Order About Incest/Abuse

The court case against Ricky Martin has been dismissed.

Martin's nephew, who'd accused the "Livin' La Vida Loca" singer of ***ual abuse, asked to have the case dismissed in a Puerto Rican court on Thursday, and his request was obliged, attorneys for Martin told PEOPLE in a statement.

"Just as we had anticipated, the temporary protection order was not extended by the Court. The accuser confirmed to the court that his decision to dismiss the matter was his alone, without any outside influence or pressure, and the accuser confirmed he was satisfied with his legal representation in the matter," the statement read. "The request came from the accuser asking to dismiss the case."

The statement continued: "This was never anything more than a troubled individual making false allegations with absolutely nothing to substantiate them. We are glad that our client saw justice done and can now move forward with his life and his career." - People

:decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

Hunny are you serious? Do you know how many restraining orders get granted based on lies? :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

I don't know :( LOL

I am just curious because of the proof that would have been reported to create the case. 

I'm dumb okay

• Love 1
4 hours ago, dran said:

WAIT so the restraining order WAS granted... so does that mean that it was true? LOL

The restraining order was an ex parte one, meaning Martin was not involved or informed until after it was enforced. Ex parte filings are done without waiting for a response from the opposing party. 

So it might have been approved initially, but that's because there was never a chance for rebuttal.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block