Which Songs From Britney aged well and aged bad bad?

Let's discuss this from the Millenial generation: Which songs you think aged well? the Gen Z and Centenialls love it or another reason why.

And which are the songs that you say "guurl keep it on the cage".

For me "Gimme More" and almost every track on Blackout aged so well it's still fresh to hear (except for Radar, I think that aged bad :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

And... in my personal opinion (some will drag me for this), BOMT and OIDIA album aged quite much cuz every single pop star who collaborated with Max Martin had that sample and beat, nothing innovative... BUT, credits to Britney for making OIDIA, Crazy and BOMT hits and iconic songs.

Spoiler

And Anticipating, Boys (album version) shoud've never been even released :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

what do you think?

• Love 1

Britney’s music from 1998-2008 aged flawlessly. I can’t think of a more sold pop run in terms of pure quality, particularly through Greatest Hits: My Prerogative/Chaotic EP. Even the demos and unreleased material are better than some girl’s entire discographies. While Blackout had solid singles and some outstanding album tracks, a lot of the album does feel aged, very of its time and just overall unpolished. As far as Circus goes, the stellar production is what really made that album as that’s when Britney started to sound more monotonous/robotic when it came to her singing. Nevertheless, that era also had a pretty solid single run (minus Radar). Her music in the 2010s is where, in retrospect, has aged terribly in my honest opinion. Maybe it’s too soon for Gen Z to be embracing 2010s nostalgia like how it is with the 90s, 2000s, etc. but unlike a lot of pop music from that Y2k era, the music just doesn’t stick. It could also just be that Britney hardly had creative control then and therefore, the music felt more meaningless or one-dimensional. I think, overall, a lot of the pop songs from the early 2010s have just aged terribly with hardly any replay value when compared to other eras of music. It wasn’t just Britney’s music.

• Love 4

Songs like E-mail My Heart, Autumn Goodbye, Soda Pop and the Beat Goes On aged like MILK. They were never good songs and they have that cringe late 90's vibe that just isn't good.

Same for Mmm Papi. Ironic cause the lyrics also aged like milk since the cship......

I love Femme Fatale but it aged terribly cause of the dubstep introduced and dubstep has been dead for years. They jumped on a hype bandwagon for FF and while originally pretty solid, it aged along its inspired hype train.

The best aged tracks are those from Blackout and In The Zone. Blackout slightly more than ITZ for me. Blackout isn't my favorite album but you could play Gaga's Chromatica shuffled with Blackout songs and you'd think the album is released in 2022. 

Blackout really is Britney's best aging album in my opinion.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

Britney’s music from 1998-2008 aged flawlessly. I can’t think of a more sold pop run in terms of pure quality, particularly through Greatest Hits: My Prerogative/Chaotic EP. Even the demos and unreleased material are better than some girl’s entire discographies. While Blackout had solid singles and some outstanding album tracks, a lot of the album does feel aged, very of its time and just overall unpolished. As far as Circus goes, the stellar production is what really made that album as that’s when Britney started to sound more monotonous/robotic when it came to her singing. Nevertheless, that era also had a pretty solid single run (minus Radar). Her music in the 2010s is where, in retrospect, has aged terribly in my honest opinion. Maybe it’s too soon for Gen Z to be embracing 2010s nostalgia like how it is with the 90s, 2000s, etc. but unlike a lot of pop music from that Y2k era, the music just doesn’t stick. It could also just be that Britney hardly had creative control then and therefore, the music felt more meaningless or one-dimensional. I think, overall, a lot of the pop songs from the early 2010s have just aged terribly with hardly any replay value when compared to other eras of music. It wasn’t just Britney.

I personally disagree on your Blackout statement. I think the production was very raw yet polished in its genre. You see a lot of artists embracing their darkness in music like Miley's Plastic Hearts and Gaga's Chromatica.

Blackout easily fits in between and wouldn't sound dated a single bit.

• Love 3

Work Bitch aged badly imo. I know the Gays™ love it, but there's something dark and creepy about the song to me; given that Britney was treated like a workhorse during the conservatorship, the song's lyrics almost sound like they're purposely poking fun at her. :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

I personally disagree on your Blackout statement. I think the production was very raw yet polished in its genre. You see a lot of artists embracing their darkness in music like Miley's Plastic Hearts and Gaga's Chromatica.

Blackout easily fits in between and wouldn't sound dated a single bit.

Gays love Blackout but the gag is the album is a hot mess and all over the place. Heaven on Earth is cute but sounds like a Paris Hilton demo. Radar sounds like it’s a robot singing. Too much vocoder and over-processed vocals. Hot As Ice is pretty choppy as well. Ooh Ooh Baby sounds so mute during the verses. Don’t even get me started on the blatantly obvious off-key vocals on WSIBS and Everybody. Everybody sounding like a poor man’s SOS meets a Cheetah Girls soundtrack. Like I said, a good majority of that album is a hot mess. It had potential though, I’ll give her that. I just wish they never scrapped so many of the unreleased demos such as All That She Wants, Untitled Lullaby, Kiss You All Over, Dramatic, Let Go and others. It only would have excelled the album and felt more raw/vulnerable which is lacking from its hyper***ual sound. And really, Plastic Hearts and Chromatica? :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish: Is that really something to be proud of? :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew: Those albums already felt dated upon release, especially Chromatica. :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

Gays love Blackout but the gag is the album is a hot mess and all over the place. Heaven on Earth is cute but sounds like a Paris Hilton demo. Radar sounds like it’s a robot singing. Too much vocoder and over-processed vocals. Hot As Ice is pretty choppy as well. Ooh Ooh Baby sounds so mute during the verses. Don’t even get me started on the blatantly obvious off-key vocals on WSIBS and Everybody. Everybody sounding like a poor man’s SOS meets a Cheetah Girls soundtrack. Like I said, a good majority of that album is a hot mess. It had potential though, I’ll give her that. I just wish they never scrapped so many of the unreleased demos such as All That She Wants, Untitled Lullaby, Kiss You All Over, Dramatic, Let Go and others. It only would have excelled the album and felt more raw/vulnerable which is lacking from the hyper***ual sound

You can't be serious Mimi Mariah GIF - Mimi Mariah Mariah Carey - Discover & Share GIFs.

• Love 6
  • Super Mods

I'd say for songs from britney that aged well are:

Any song from Blackout and ITZ, BOMT, Slave, most of the songs from Glory.

as for songs that havent aged well, i'd say:

E-Mail My Heart, Dear Diary, Born To Make You Happy (only cause of the sxist message), Soda Pop, The Beat Goes On, Oops (cause of the cheesy interlude), Most of the Femme Fatale album and Britney Jean album.

Well I think we all need to agree on what is "aging badly" I mean a smash song from the 80s is going to sound like the 80s and we can like that...

Just play "Time of my life" from Dirrty Dancing and you'll have everybody pretending they're about to jump. :embarrassed_britney_2007_red_hide_ashamed_cover: I mean every single person who listen to Baby or OOps knows it's from 20 years ago and they appreciate it for what it is...

the real question is what are the songs that sounded great when they were released but now we realize they were actually bad, we were just blinded by the trend from that time period.

So anyway my answer is anything Femme fatale and Britney jean. It was actually not so good. :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

• Like 2

i think it really depends on the current trends. i mean ancitipating sounds good now bc the disco sound is very in, but it didn't sound as well 3 years ago. the entire ff album sounds dated bc dubstep was trendy 10 years ago so it's not been enough time for it to come back in style. 

generally speaking, the songs that don't age badly are those that, even if they followed the trends of their time, are good, cohesive songs.

songs like Baby One More Time, Toxic, Breathe On Me, Everytime, And Then We Kiss, Gimme More... they're all a product of their time but they don't sound dated at all and i don't think they ever will, regardless of the current trends.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block