BRITNEY SINGS BABY ONE MORE TIME IN NEW INSTAGRAM VIDEO (2022)!!

Omg THANK YOU Britney... you read my mind.  Just yesterday while at a cafe and one of the staff was playing Britney's entire discography on the speaker (LOL), I was literally thinking Britney's voice sounds so so different in the first two albums compared to the rest. And then was thinking I miss that deep soulful voice she has, and the last time we really heard it was when she sang Happy Birthday on X Factor (LOL).  Then today, she slays us with this haunting version of Baby!  I'm SLAYEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!! :mae_fire_explosion_dead_spiderman_old_woman:

Not only that, she confirmed:

1. She thinks JL and those other girls can't dance and gave no effort (even though they probably gave it their all ROFL) :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:
2. She still has a love and passion for singing :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:
3. She STILL GOT THAT SOULFUL DEEP VOICE, and those minor details when she sang (like 'cuz i need to know now' in the begging) was her original iconic style before the industry changed it all up. :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

PLEASE RE-RECORD & RELEASEEE THIS VERSION ON SPOTIFY and all streaming platforms.  "Baby (On Demand)"

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Tetris said:

Unfortunately, I think she interprets our version of “peak Britney” as being the “creatively controlled Britney”… 

I agree and I’m optimistic about her working her way out of that mindset. The fact that she’s speaking out about how wrong this was and blessing us with this rendition is proof in of itself. Not that I’d ever want her to go back onstage if it wasn’t her desire, but I hope she aware that all her fans would absolutely be here for her if her live shows were soulful reimagined renditions of her work. I’ve never really understood why she’s expected (or made to feel that she was expected) to sound like Max Martins final cut at all times when even people considered to be powerhouse vocalists aren’t expected to deliver a perfect studio version ever.  

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

I agree and I’m optimistic about her working her way out of that mindset. The fact that she’s speaking out about how wrong this was and blessing us with this rendition is proof in of itself. Not that I’d ever want her to go back onstage if it wasn’t her desire, but I hope she aware that all her fans would absolutely be here for her if her live shows were soulful reimagined renditions of her work. I’ve never really understood why she’s expected (or made to feel that she was expected) to sound like Max Martins final cut at all times when even people considered to be powerhouse vocalists aren’t expected to deliver a perfect studio version ever.  

I def thinks she knows her fans support her. But it’s still a business and not everybody is going to be satisfied with her just doing whatever she wants (if it veers too far away from what a GP person should be able to reasonably expect from her brand). Like, respect still has to be paid to the breadth of the audience and the critics alike. Granted, one can never please ‘em all… But there is a balance that can be found between keeping some things classic and then totally switching up other things. Like, if it’s an arena tour, you can’t have every song sound totally unlike the version on the radio. But if it’s a more intimate setting, go wild! Do whatever you want. Because then it’s understood that this is a gathering of fans and a safe space for experimentation, especially if it’s announced ahead of time like “hey, these will be stripped down, reimagined, and lesser-known songs.” Because that sets a fair expectation. People don’t want to get blindsided by paying $200 for a show ticket and then being like WTF??? about the set list - nor should they be. 

So, yeah, I hope she finds the bravery to connect with what she really wants and then to pursue it in a fair, welcoming way. Because rebellious Queen is also certainly capable of intentionally going off script and stirring the pot and then feeling attacked when everybody else is like WTF just happened?

• Love 1
  • Like 1

My dear Britney no one will ever be able to follow your mind.

You see she is talking about how they destroyed it for her and she knows that she is considered a bad singer from the start, but then she is posting a clip that she has changed the entire vibe of her song, giving it new sound, vocals and all that just in front of a mirror with just a camera. 

We love your voice Britney, it's the first reason we are all here. 

And we love your mind!

• Love 1

This is a sight I wasn't expecting to wake up to.

I'm heartbroken by the post. She's been giving us nothing but joy over the last 20+ years and these monsters were controlling her directions, wishes, everything. 

But no matter what, Her singing STILL warms my heart in unpredictable ways. God knows how much we love her voice and that is finally being HEARD (in every way):sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

You sound beautiful, Britney! That was amazing. Your direction is absolutely the one to go to. Baby (F version):badgirl_britney_flirt_sexy_pom_piece_of_me_lips:

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Slayer said:

Nice positive article

The end of the article is fire and when he says that baby one more time... is one of the best selling songs ever made a tear roll down my cheek, Britney is a legend forever ❤️

Thank you Britney for sharing your Beautiful voice, you made my day with this new versión of baby 👌🥰always remember who you are Britney💪❤️love you always 🥰 God Bless you ❤️

• Love 1

She sounds great but I wish she’d stop this tearing down other people. Those three other girls didn’t know how deep the conservativeship was and they were just trying to honor her legacy.

This new free Britney is filled with a lot of anger and she should be but I just feel like that anger is going in every direction, wish she could channel it in a healthier way without the attacks on artists, fans, or America. We were all just as manipulated by team con as anyone else. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, Derrick said:

She sounds great but I wish she’d stop this tearing down other people. Those three other girls didn’t know how deep the conservativeship was and they were just trying to honor her legacy.

This new free Britney is filled with a lot of anger and she should be but I just feel like that anger is going in every direction, wish she could channel it in a healthier way without the attacks on artists, fans, or America. We were all just as manipulated by team con as anyone else. 

This 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.