One year ago today Britney testified: ‘I Just Want My Life Back’

I remember when I heard her interrupt that attorney and she said something like “you’ve all done a good job exploiting my life and I think people should hear this” in that moment I knew, it was all true. I didn’t need to hear the rest.

Also in that moment I felt bittersweet because I knew she’d be freed after that, like that was it; freedom was imminent. I was just sad to hear about it and knowing it was true but I felt some sort of relief that it was all about to be said.

Most shocking part was the IUD inside her, that was scary.

• Love 8

This was THE moment. Britney interrupting Flopi Montgomery's lawyer :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

I cry tears of joy every time I listen.

Britney is clearly scared and she doesnt expect her attempt to be heard will actually work...but she interrupts anyway. THAT is bravery, strength, courage.  This moment is everything.

Listening to Britney interject in court inspired me to stand up for myself at work (even though I was scared), which has led to incredibly positive changes over the past year.

Once again, Britney changed my life for the better.

• Love 5

Definitely a day to remember. I listened with my mouth open-mouthed throughout the whole the testimony. I was completely shocked because I wasn't really skeptical as most of the fandom, I didn't want to believe that all these conspiracy theories were true :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record: Before her testimony I thought she wanted like minimal changes (like she didn't want her dad on track), but no, and it was incredible that in the end both she and we had the same doubt as to why after so many years she was still under the c-ship. 

this testimony changed EVERYTHING, she was determined to get her point across and get the cship terminated, for the first time in YEARS she was able to use her voice and speak up in front of her abusers about how they abused her…i still listen to that testimony from time to time and i always get emotional about how courageous she was, thats our girl:yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 1

I’ll never forget how many tears I shed listening to her words. The conviction in her voice was truly inspiring given the circumstances. I’ll be forever grateful of her resiliency as I don’t think many would have the strength to survive what she did. I love you, Brit, and I’m so happy that you’re free, married, and having the time of your life!

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Darec said:

A thread to celebrate together : THE TESTIMONY THAT CHANGED HIS LIFE.

LET'S CELEBRATE BIG!  🎉🍻🙌🏽 So happy for our girl, she has her life back, and is fulfilling every wish of her testimony, there is still so much to fulfill in your life, and in your struggle.... So happy for this WARRIOR soul! ❤ Dedicate some beautiful words to this angel.

post.webp9ed8e419-012d-4b16-9a9c-4d5b7f051482-1920x1080.jpg

“The people who did that to me should not be able to walk away so easily,”

“I deserve to have a life.”

“I want to be able to get married and have a baby”

“All I want is to own my money, for this to end and my boyfriend to drive me in his car”

https://www.bustle.com/entertainment/britney-spears-conservatorship-july-14-court-hearing-news-details

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/24/arts/music/britney-spears-transcript.html

The battle is still going on #JusticeForBritney  💥

WE ARE NOT KIDDING 

So Excited Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.