Lizzo Releases New Song ‘Grrrls’

Cqleb

The song got some backlash due to Lizzo using the word ‘spaz’ in the intro. ‘Spaz’ is a considered a highly offensive term in the UK to refer to someone who is disabled/has a disability. It‘s not really held in the same regard in the US (apparently it’s another term for clumsiness over there) so tbh, I don’t blame Lizzo for not necessarily knowing about the issue of using the word in the UK.

Either way, she’s apologised and has removed the word in the updated version of the song.

2 hours ago, mythology said:

Fat isn’t healthy. I’m just trying to help:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

She's not fat she is obese. Nobody can prove me otherwise.

Being her weight is not healthy. She may not have any problems now but wait for another decade of eating that much.

This isn't healthy AT ALL.

And she brags about being proud of her fat a ss yet, when someone says the word ''fat'' she has a full mental breakdown. Well, if you like being fat or obese- own it. This way, you're just being a hypocrite.

Also, I'll never forgive her for the mental damage she caused to me with this video:

Spoiler

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, Isla said:

The song got some backlash due to Lizzo using the word ‘spaz’ in the intro. ‘Spaz’ is a considered a highly offensive term in the UK to refer to someone who is disabled/has a disability. It‘s not really held in the same regard in the US (apparently it’s another term for clumsiness over there) so tbh, I don’t blame Lizzo for not necessarily knowing about the issue of using the word in the UK.

Either way, she’s apologised and has removed the word in the updated version of the song.

who was influenced by her? 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block