Elvis movie interpolates an Elvis song with Toxic (and Backstreet's Back)

3 hours ago, princessmimi said:

WTF?!?! :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

Dont get me wrong I love Britney and BSB but WTF are they thinking of adding that a movie 

about a 1950s singer when they werent even alive back then?!?

Mind as well say its a fictional movie or loosely based cause no one's gonna believe that movie 

It's a song. It's not that serious. I like the idea

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you missed the moment on your first viewing, don’t worry: it’s subtle! And as Pitchfork points out, it’s the familiar strings of Spears’ 2003 classic — not her actual voice — that can be heard during the montage. The sampling serves as a subtle way to link two of history’s most iconic musicians, while also acknowledging the similarly complicated (read: toxic) relationships each had with the strains of fame and bad management.

https://www.bustle.com/entertainment/elvis-movie-soundtrack-includes-britney-spears-easter-egg

The movie was amazing and made me a fan for sure like im obsessed now with the real Elvis. Being born in the 90s I never took the time to listen to him because he was always made to be this big caricature with the "Thank you, thank you very much" and the fancy 70's body suits so I always just thought he was very gimmicky.

I was wrong and im obsessed and sad that a lot of his legacy was spent more on his accent than his voice. IDK im in the stages of hearing this amazing voice for the first time and im all :wow_surprised_shocked_omg:

Plus all stories of him appropriating, going back and watching all these old interviews where he made it very clear where these songs came from and how effected he  was when MLK Jr died , idk I gotta do more research on that but there is this very flat perception of him and it's not at all what I learned growing up.

Anyways this thread is about the toxic mash up and it was perfect for the scene and I was so happy to hear it without knowing it was coming.

• Love 2
  • 2 months later...

I just watched the Elvis movie. Though the Baz, never mentioned it, I think he used "Toxic" to show his support to Britney.

In this movie, Elvis was financially abused and worked to "exhaustion" by his manager whom Elvis considers as a "father" figure.

He obviously wants to show some connection between their abuse to Elvis to the abuse Britney went through with her family.

I'm just glad Brit was able to get her chance to be free. She can still re-write her future and do or be whatever she wants to be.

This movie shows how fame can be a cage for someone, especially if they have no one looking out for their best interest and everyone around them just sees them as a meal ticket.

😔

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block