Avril performs hits medley at Juno Awards

Okay, as a huge fan of avril, and even adopting the name "rich Lavigne" at one point... I thought she did really friggin awesome! Over the years she adopted a really high pitch sound for sk8rboi, but here she is using the deeper voice again. Avril has always been a star. I would have been so excited to be here. HOWEVER, why did she snub "under my skin?" Avril girl that is the album that cemented you into the angsty rock ages and people will forever remember you for that album. At least you're biggest fans... Also she looks really good;

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, itsxrichiexbish said:

Okay, as a huge fan of avril, and even adopting the name "rich Lavigne" at one point... I thought she did really friggin awesome! Over the years she adopted a really high pitch sound for sk8rboi, but here she is using the deeper voice again. Avril has always been a star. I would have been so excited to be here. HOWEVER, why did she snub "under my skin?" Avril girl that is the album that cemented you into the angsty rock ages and people will forever remember you for that album. At least you're biggest fans... Also she looks really good;

The thing that gets me about Avril's newest stuff is that it feels so vapid. I used to truly hold a lot of meaning in her music but it feels like she is devaluing it and making it feel less meaningful. I guess I'm just older now too and teenage me was just naive. 

2 hours ago, itsxrichiexbish said:

13 year old me loved Under the Skin, and its content still stands. 

She looks great though :)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, jordeezy said:

The thing that gets me about Avril's newest stuff is that it feels so vapid. I used to truly hold a lot of meaning in her music but it feels like she is devaluing it and making it feel less meaningful. I guess I'm just older now too and teenage me was just naive. 

I totally feel that..she used to take pride in being a writer even before Taylor. I only heard the single bite me so far... But to me I think she just wants to make fun music. Also, I found an old interview from her many many years ago, it was doing the let go era, and she talks about how she makes music that feels right to her you know? She goes on to say that she doesn't know what she's gonna be on a few years...she might be wearing dresses and being pretty .... I just find it fascinating that her style changed so much. The best damn thing album always threw me off because she was so pretty during that era. And she's pretty don't get me wrong... But what I mean is she was made up very pretty, her outfits were like how you say, well out together lol...u know what I mean? Anyways I found a making of the best damn thing album on YouTube... I was so interested in it because after that album I didn't listen to her so much, but she's just talking and explains her move to more poppyish rock pop, and like I see avril in it...the original avril and I think I may give that album a try.... Anyways sry for the long rant, if you made it this far, yay!!

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block