The Deep Cuts Series: Rihanna

What's up, Exhale!

Feel welcome to the third installment of 'The Deep Cut Series'. Who's next? Rihanna.

She has released 8 studio albums, all of them filled with worldwide hits. 

It's been 6 long years since her last record 'Anti' was put out. Nonetheless, as I write this thread, she's the 19th most streamed artist on Spotify. An icon. 

You might know the drill now, I will state a top 10 of my favorite deep cuts by her, as well as honorable mentions. Then, you can discuss and add more :typing_keyboard_computer:

Below, in the first comment, you will find the first two parts of the series: Gwen Stefani and Kelly Clarkson.

Now to the deep cuts:

1. Fire Bomb
  2. Cold Case Love
  3. Desperado
  4. Love Without a Tragedy / Mother Mary
  5. Question Existing
  6. Skin
  7. Breakin' Dishes
  8. Phresh Out the Runway
  9. Close to You
  10. That La, La

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

• Higher
  • Right Now
  • Never Ending
  • The Last Song
  • Consideration (ft. SZA)

Cool Rihanna HD wallpapers free download | Wallpaperbetter

• Love 4
  • Like 2
51 minutes ago, BoyDeChanel said:

I love Fire Bomb and Breakin' Dishes :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

I would also add If It's Lovin' that You Want Part 2, Cry, G4L, Red Lipstick, Birthday Cake :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

I have a love/hate relationship with 'Birthday Cake'... gotta say the full version with Chris Brown issa bop :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

• Love 2

"Dancing In The Dark" is a real deep, deep cut that deserves more attention. This had serious hit potential, but only "Towards the Sun" (and Jennifer Lopez's "Feel the Light') were released as singles to promote the soundtrack and movie, Home. I'm willing to bet even the biggest Rih Rih stans miss this 2015 gem.

I'm actually going through her entire discovery right now (including the lengthy remix EPs) as I prepare a Rihanna Workout playlist for my CrossFit gym, one mainstream and another deep cuts. Gotta celebrate the rapidly approach drop date (of the baby, obviously).

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Jacolicious said:

"Dancing In The Dark" is a real deep, deep cut that deserves more attention. This had serious hit potential, but only "Towards the Sun" (and Jennifer Lopez's "Feel the Light') were released as singles to promote the soundtrack and movie, Home. I'm willing to bet even the biggest Rih Rih stans miss this 2015 gem.

I'm actually going through her entire discovery right now (including the lengthy remix EPs) as I prepare a Rihanna Workout playlist for my CrossFit gym, one mainstream and another deep cuts. Gotta celebrate the rapidly approach drop date (of the baby, obviously).

I have to admit that I didn't pay much attention to this soundtrack, I will check it out.

Her best songs imho are Disturbia and Umbrella, but you mean like albumtracks? 

But some random mentions: 

- I don't like the n word in No Love Allowed, because her audience is not only black, but for the most part white, i guess. 

- I think Rudeboy & You Da One are boring songs... I don't like Diamonds very much... It is what it is. 

- Overall the right single-choices. 

- Her first two albums are lifeless... Such a waste 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Jacolicious said:

Oooh share this playlist with me when it’s ready!

1 hour ago, Alexanda said:

Her best songs imho are Disturbia and Umbrella, but you mean like albumtracks? 

But some random mentions: 

- I don't like the n word in No Love Allowed, because her audience is not only black, but for the most part white, i guess. 

- I think Rudeboy & You Da One are boring songs... I don't like Diamonds very much... It is what it is. 

- Overall the right single-choices. 

- Her first two albums are lifeless... Such a waste 

I was listening to The XX recently and 'Drunk on Love' samples one song by them. 

'Sell me Candy' is such a cute bop.

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block