According to MRC data Britney is one of the ten most known artists in the United States with over 80% of the population claiming to know her

8 hours ago, Lil-Jay said:

True, my mom is old and doesn't know Rihanna. But sure knows Britney and JLo.

Lord  imagine not knowing about Rihanna. What would my life be like? Better or worse? 2011-2012 would be less annoying but I would miss out on her beauty, fashunz and bops. 

8 minutes ago, Bigno said:

No ill intended question. Is Taylor really big out of the USA? I mean, I know she is known but at times, I have the impression other singers do better internationally. 

no. in europe/middle east/africa JLo or Shakira are much bigger. she’s just too american for the other markets

• Love 1
  • Like 1
47 minutes ago, Bigno said:

No ill intended question. Is Taylor really big out of the USA? I mean, I know she is known but at times, I have the impression other singers do better internationally. 

Yes and no! In Asian markets she has made some cult following but old people can easily say who? 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, clarage said:

I don’t know about others countries but she is not big in France 

Yes, in France her placement is very sad! In Germany she is making a little wave of popularity but if you think about it apart from Taylor which female has released projects previous year? She is quite exposed now, Asia tbh she's good among young girls. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LostAvenger said:

Yes, in France her placement is very sad! In Germany she is making a little wave of popularity but if you think about it apart from Taylor which female has released projects previous year? She is quite exposed now, Asia tbh she's good among young girls. 

1 hour ago, clarage said:

I don’t know about others countries but she is not big in France 

3 hours ago, LostAvenger said:

Yes and no! In Asian markets she has made some cult following but old people can easily say who? 

4 hours ago, conceptuel said:

no. in europe/middle east/africa JLo or Shakira are much bigger. she’s just too american for the other markets

Thanks so much for all your clarifying answers. I kind of had that impression, but now it's confirmed. I dare say she is not that big in Central and South America either. Maybe that is why, as gar as I remember, she has never brought any of her tours there. Again, I am no expert, but that is what I remember. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.