Skin Care Routine

i've been getting some of my favorite products off of etsy sellers, for basic face care I use one specific seller GoodEarthsPrime their foaming facial cleanser, and green tea facial cream <3 <3 <3 wash my face with warm water and finish with cold water splash.  ill even use toner from the same seller, so refreshing. when i can't do all that so ill just use a textured coconut facial bar from lussosapone.
theyre always selling out of this product so i stopped seeking it out but sephora has a face mask stick for like under 5 bucks and its so great in a pinch! MILK has a face mask stick but it costs way more. 
i love using home made coconut oil/sugar scrubs on my face every so and so, these scrubs are great lip exfoliaters as well. 
ohh, and african black soap does wonders, i like to buy mine from PoutyGalCosmetics on etsy but i think you can find it from a lot of sellers on and off etsy. 

I went off lol, now i'll wait to see if anyone has any good recommendations for a daily use sunscreen  :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

homework studying GIF by Pusheenprotect marge simpson GIF

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

I have never had my skin evaluated but I’m pretty sure I have combination skin. So I try to have a mix of products that hydrate and protect my skin…

I use CeraVe Hydrating cleanser in the morning and night, and will sometimes substitute it for the CeraVe Foaming Cleanser if I get any breakouts.

In the morning, I use a Kiehls calendula toner, then hyaluronic acid, a caffeine/green tea serum under my eyes, and then Vitamin C (all from The Ordinary) followed by spot treatment for pimples (if any :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:) and moisturizer and sunscreen.

At night, I use the cleanser and toner mentioned, followed by niacinamide, .5% retinol, rose hip oil, under eye cream, rose water, and then moisturizer.

Idk if I’m going overboard or misusing products but my skin has benefitted from a regular routine! :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

• Love 2
3 hours ago, SlayOut said:

I have never had my skin evaluated but I’m pretty sure I have combination skin. So I try to have a mix of products that hydrate and protect my skin…

I use CeraVe Hydrating cleanser in the morning and night, and will sometimes substitute it for the CeraVe Foaming Cleanser if I get any breakouts.

In the morning, I use a Kiehls calendula toner, then hyaluronic acid, a caffeine/green tea serum under my eyes, and then Vitamin C (all from The Ordinary) followed by spot treatment for pimples (if any :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:) and moisturizer and sunscreen.

At night, I use the cleanser and toner mentioned, followed by niacinamide, .5% retinol, rose hip oil, under eye cream, rose water, and then moisturizer.

Idk if I’m going overboard or misusing products but my skin has benefitted from a regular routine! :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

tell me why last time i shopped at sephora i picked up a bottle of hemi squalene from The Ordinary only to find out that it's basically c/ndom lubricant in a bottle with a dropper. I tried it on at home, tested it on the back of my hand then put some on my hair tips for moisture; the rest of the day i just kept smelling what i could only describe as c/ndoms. by the end of the day, google had validated my worst fears. :fakewow_selena_surprised_shocked:
why is sephora doing us like this :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:
p.s. my partner and i tried to make the best of the situation but it did not work well for that either!:beysip_sipping_drink_hoodie_starbucks_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_giggle_cackle_cackling_laughing_lmao::weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:
spacer.png

• Haha 1

For the longest time, all I did was wash my face with a really mild, scent- and soap-free cleanser because everything else would break me out. Like, I literally walked around crusty as hell because it was better than breakouts. But recently, I was finally able to get my hands on the CeraVe Moisturizing Cream that everyone's been raving about for years, and it doesn't break me out. Truly life-changing. :carpoolney_dance_karaoke_glory_sunglasses_party_raise_roof:

• Love 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Super Mods
On 1/25/2022 at 12:23 AM, Letslearn said:

tell me why last time i shopped at sephora i picked up a bottle of hemi squalene from The Ordinary only to find out that it's basically c/ndom lubricant in a bottle with a dropper. I tried it on at home, tested it on the back of my hand then put some on my hair tips for moisture; the rest of the day i just kept smelling what i could only describe as c/ndoms. by the end of the day, google had validated my worst fears. :fakewow_selena_surprised_shocked:
why is sephora doing us like this :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:
p.s. my partner and i tried to make the best of the situation but it did not work well for that either!:beysip_sipping_drink_hoodie_starbucks_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_giggle_cackle_cackling_laughing_lmao::weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:
spacer.png

Not me not responding to this! :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: You know, it kinda has a lube-y, con.dom-y smell! :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: But it works wonders for me so I will carry on using it!

I will not, however, try it as lube for ***y times! :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye: Although I wonder if there is a skin care routine for our nether regions, other than your basic hygiene, trimming, etc.! :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling: 

• Super Mods
3 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

I use prescribed medicine for my face however

I did buy a facial toner from Amazon called

La Roche - Posay Effaclar Clarifying Solution Acne Toner

51OgBG+RllL._SL1500_.jpg

So far it seems like it works but I still need to keep using to make sure.

Let me know what your experience is! I’ve heard great things about La Roche-Posay; I used a sunscreen from them and found it effective and non-clogging/too greasy… but haven’t tried any of their other products!

• Super Mods
5 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

Let me know what your experience is! I’ve heard great things about La Roche-Posay; I used a sunscreen from them and found it effective and non-clogging/too greasy… but haven’t tried any of their other products!

Ok yeah for sure.

It was actually a pretty good deal on Amazon, it was $14.99.

I saw that at stores like Target, its $19.99.

So if you do get the toner, I recommend getting it on Amazon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I don’t remember the brand, but I often recommend using a face wash. I changed my life literally because now my face is not covered in acne and does not look like a mess. It turned out all my skincare issues were caused by the dust and the dirt on my facial skin that regular water did not remove.
A girl from onsitemedspa.com spa service advised me to use it, and changes came within two weeks, which is really fast in terms of skin routine.
So, if any of is struggling with acne and cannot find a reason for it, it might be your dirty and oily skin.

Edited by inquiryjv
  • 2 months later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.