Britney Was Made To Take Lithium For Years According To Music Director (In Court Records)

Cqleb

22 hours ago, Jon Lohse said:

Lithium is not usually the first **** prescribed for bipolar. It's possible she was on Lamictal first, but for some reason (emotional "instability" after the conservatorship was extended?) it's possible that Jamie forced her to take lithium because he had experience with it and knew it would make her easier to control. And it did. 

What's interesting to me is that there's no indication she was ever put on antipsychotics like Abilify or Seroquel, which are honestly much more widely prescribed for Bipolar I than lithium. Perhaps Jamie worried that the side effects related to movement (extra pyramidal symptoms) would compromise her ability to dance in the long run, so he probably pushed for lithium instead. 

She had Seroquel before the conservatorship. There were photos of her with prescription bottles of it in her purse. Whether or not she was given that after the conservatorship was put in place is anyone's guess. 

2 hours ago, talkthat***ytalktome said:

She had Seroquel before the conservatorship. There were photos of her with prescription bottles of it in her purse. Whether or not she was given that after the conservatorship was put in place is anyone's guess. 

Interesting. She probably would have been put on that in the hospital short-term. I think it's safe to say that she wasn't taking it during the Circus era considering she never really gained any weight 😅 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Psammead said:

Lithium is prescribed for bipolar, because it helps restore a chemical imbalance (that's how it was described to me by a friend who is bipolar). While bipolar people can benefit from it, it requires constant monitoring. It has enough side effects that people who benefit from it will stop taking it. I can't imagine what it does to someone who isn't bipolar and doesn't have that chemical imbalance. The legal filings mention it's now considered an antiquated ****. I did not know that.

It really bothers me that people hear she was prescribed lithium and assume it means she is bipolar. The whole point is, there was no such diagnosis. She appears to have been subject to arbitrary prescriptions for who knows what purpose. You are right, we have no business speculating about what medication she may or may not be using, but neither should we go down that path of thinking lithium was ever somehow called for medically. It's not about defending lithium.

It was an appalling abuse of medication and power, and it could well be a crime in this case.

If she was prescribed Lithium, then she was diagnosed with Bipolar. End of story. That's the only approved use of that medication. Now, whether that diagnosis was accurate or not is an open question, but it would depend on how well she has been able to manage without medication but under a different set of circumstances / life stressors.  Many of the situations she's been in can lead to emotional distress symptoms resembling bipolar, but psychiatry usually considers these situations to be "unmasking" a latent condition rather than causing an emotional state temporarily resembling one. 

3 hours ago, talkthat***ytalktome said:

A very good friend who is bipolar takes Seroquel. Without it he can't sleep, he just wouldn't really get tired. 

So you take Seroquel shortly before you plan to go to bed, it completely knocks you out.

2 hours ago, Jon Lohse said:

Interesting. She probably would have been put on that in the hospital short-term. I think it's safe to say that she wasn't taking it during the Circus era considering she never really gained any weight 😅 

Yeah, that makes sense. In my country, GPs prescribe low doses of it for sleep problems and anxiety which are pretty common problems! 

I have bipolar disorder (along with many other disorders) let me tell you - Lithium is NOT prescribed first. There are antipsychotic meds prescribed FIRST since they are milder than LITHIUM which is the STRONGEST MED. 
I have been on mood stabilizers before and they make you NUMB. I was so TIRED that I would go to work each day (for 8 hours.) I had 2 Venti Starbucks coffees, but I still BARELY made it through. During my hour lunch break, I went to my car to SLEEP. I couldn’t stay awake!! 
It is absolute TORTURE how they forced Britney to do those high energy dance routines and tour around the world in this condition. Lithium/mood stabilizers make you SO TIRED. Mood stabilizers can and do help certain ppl, but their bodies tolerate it more. Most ppl’s bodies are not going to tolerate something like Lithium!! 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Jon Lohse said:

She did put on weight. Between the HIMYM episode and the real start of the Circus era we got candids of Britney looking EXTREMELY bloated. 

In FF era she was bloated too. But not as extreme.

Plus, Lynne Spears mentioned Seroquel and Risperdal in her TRO against Lutfi and I have no doubt someone was trigger happy on giving it to Britney.

4 minutes ago, Loosenupthosebuttons said:

I have bipolar disorder (along with many other disorders) let me tell you - Lithium is NOT prescribed first. There are antipsychotic meds prescribed FIRST since they are milder than LITHIUM which is the STRONGEST MED. 
I have been on mood stabilizers before and they make you NUMB. I was so TIRED that I would go to work each day (for 8 hours.) I had 2 Venti Starbucks coffees, but I still BARELY made it through. During my hour lunch break, I went to my car to SLEEP. I couldn’t stay awake!! 
It is absolute TORTURE how they forced Britney to do those high energy dance routines and tour around the world in this condition. Lithium/mood stabilizers make you SO TIRED. Mood stabilizers can and do help certain ppl, but their bodies tolerate it more. Most ppl’s bodies are not going to tolerate something like Lithium!! 

Yes. The mental energy it takes to deal with a mental illness alone is exhausting and then you throw medication into the mix… it’s a tough road to live no matter who you are. Sending love 💕 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Loosenupthosebuttons said:

And can you imagine they didnt even let her drink coffee?! Obvs to keep her "tame" and drowsy all the time, Im disgusted, omg :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Jon Lohse said:

If she was prescribed Lithium, then she was diagnosed with Bipolar. End of story. That's the only approved use of that medication. Now, whether that diagnosis was accurate or not is an open question, but it would depend on how well she has been able to manage without medication but under a different set of circumstances / life stressors.  Many of the situations she's been in can lead to emotional distress symptoms resembling bipolar, but psychiatry usually considers these situations to be "unmasking" a latent condition rather than causing an emotional state temporarily resembling one. 

Nah, sorry but it's not a 100% factual bipolar diagnoses 'end of story':squintney_britney_confused_huh_what_umm_ok_glory:  - it was actually confirmed a year or two ago that she was NEVER diagnosed with bipolar! ALSO lithium has other off label uses such as use for regular severe periods of depression (major depressive disorder) where treatment with other medicines has not worked. Also schizophrenic disorders and also in preventing suicidal behavior for people having psychiatric disorders, just to list a few...

• Love 1
  • Like 1

You guys do realize that bipolar disorder is diagnosed by someone going “Do you have this? This? Okay you’re bipolar” and that’s it, right? 

There isn’t a blood test or a series of medical tests. It’s all based on what she’s exhibiting. Even then there are varying degrees of bipolar - you can be BiPolar and have type 1 or be BiPolar 2 which is a less severe version and the swings aren’t as bad. The mania isn’t quite there. Symptoms of bipolar disorder also cross paths with Borderline Personality Disorder and can also be confused with that. Anxiety is something she’s definitely shown and that can be the basis and some of the first signs of bipolar (according to my own doctors) 

SOOOOO what I’m saying is there is no ******* way to know what she has and I’d caution you to stop labeling her because even doctors can’t figure it out

• Like 2
4 hours ago, RhysRadar said:

Nah, sorry but it's not a 100% factual bipolar diagnoses 'end of story':squintney_britney_confused_huh_what_umm_ok_glory:  - it was actually confirmed a year or two ago that she was NEVER diagnosed with bipolar! ALSO lithium has other off label uses such as use for regular severe periods of depression (major depressive disorder) where treatment with other medicines has not worked. Also schizophrenic disorders and also in preventing suicidal behavior for people having psychiatric disorders, just to list a few...

Yes, it can also be prescribed for treatment resistant major depression. But usually as an adjunct therapy for major depression in patients already diagnosed with bipolar. In general though, it's pretty safe to say that if someone is taking it, they've been diagnosed with bipolar. If she hadn't been and was still prescribed it, that would raise even more red flags about the kind of treatment she received. 

And of course, just being diagnosed with something doesn't mean you actually have it. I would just be very surprised given Britney's history that she would have somehow gotten away with not being diagnosed with it. 

52 minutes ago, Jon Lohse said:

Yes, it can also be prescribed for treatment resistant major depression. But usually as an adjunct therapy for major depression in patients already diagnosed with bipolar. In general though, it's pretty safe to say that if someone is taking it, they've been diagnosed with bipolar. If she hadn't been and was still prescribed it, that would raise even more red flags about the kind of treatment she received. 

And of course, just being diagnosed with something doesn't mean you actually have it. I would just be very surprised given Britney's history that she would have somehow gotten away with not being diagnosed with it. 

Like i said, we don't know if she has it or not and we shouldn't really speculate based just on her being forced to go on lithium by her extremely corrupt father. (who already had knowledge of lithium and controlling women with it) - his father or uncle (i forget) did the same to their wife - had her put away and on lithium...

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block