Britney Was Made To Take Lithium For Years According To Music Director (In Court Records)

Cqleb

7 hours ago, TheBestFan said:

Lithium is taken to help reduce mania as the result of bipolar disorder. However, it is the not the only **** available and it sounds like Britney went on other ***** in 2013/2014 that ended up being a better fit for her well being. The team likely knew from the earlier years that Lithium ****ed her up. Its supposed to make you passive but also has all sorts of side effects like increased exhaustion, weight gain, confusion, memory loss, wrinkled skin, etc

it makes it doubly ****ed up that they threw her back on a **** she didnt like when she spoke out.

Lithium is literally only used for schizophrenia...its what helps them not see the monsters they see...nothing to do with bipolar mania

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Grace Kelly said:

You described it much better and knowledgeably than I just did. The ethics of prescribing a **** for mental health issues so she could dance better, rather than what was best for her condition (if she even did have a mental health condition) is astounding, but I would not be surprised if this was the thought process.  

Yeah, the strange thing about this is that lithium is usually a last choice medication for people with bad insurance who can't afford the third generation antipsychotics like Latuda. And with all of the advantages / support Britney had in terms of self-care, it's shocking that she would even get to that point to begin with rather than just stay on a mild mood stabilizer like Lamotrogine. We really don't know anything about her mental health history nor should we, but we're talking about a mental health issue involving the violation of human rights of a (likely) bipolar patient so we ought to all do more research into the situation instead of just putting our heads in the sand and pretending it was all just a conspiracy. There was a reason she started taking medication and is still on it to a degree, but accepting that doesn't mean it's OK to violate her human rights. Actually, that ought to be the point. The fact that she got out of it doesn't mean she was "fine all along," it means that psych patients deserve the same rights and humane treatment as everyone else.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, SumoCyco2017 said:

Lithium is literally only used for schizophrenia...its what helps them not see the monsters they see...nothing to do with bipolar mania

No, actually it is never prescribed for schizophrenia and is exclusively prescribed for Bipolar I. People with Bipolar II are usually prescribed Lamtrogine at first, but if it gets "worse" (depending on who's complaining to the psych) then the option of switching to Lithium or supplementing with antipsychotics is a very real one. And happens to millions of Bipolar people around the world all the time. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
17 minutes ago, Seanril said:

What saddens me the most is NO ONE out of the thousands of people around her stood up for her and put a stop to all of this for 13yrs.

I literally would have been whistleblowing like a mother F!!!!

And no one would believe you, your career would have been done. The admins on here were banning anyone that discussed it here in 2011, people spoke out of speculation but it was never confirmed. If you did speak and alleged she was drugged then her fans at the time would have called you a hater. 

• Love 1

I remember saying this years ago that she showed signs of being on lithium. You only had to see how drastically it altered her appearance and personality in 2011. She looked so spaced out. It’s so awful she was forced on a world tour and forced to do album promotion while sometimes she looked like she could barely walk. 

JAIL JAIL JAIL for everyone who allowed this to happen

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Jon Lohse said:

Lithium is not usually the first **** prescribed for bipolar. It's possible she was on Lamictal first, but for some reason (emotional "instability" after the conservatorship was extended?) it's possible that Jamie forced her to take lithium because he had experience with it and knew it would make her easier to control. And it did. 

What's interesting to me is that there's no indication she was ever put on antipsychotics like Abilify or Seroquel, which are honestly much more widely prescribed for Bipolar I than lithium. Perhaps Jamie worried that the side effects related to movement (extra pyramidal symptoms) would compromise her ability to dance in the long run, so he probably pushed for lithium instead. 

According to Fernando Flores, Britney’s former bodyguard she was taking anti-psychotic medication at some point.

https://meaww.com/amp/who-is-fernando-flores-britney-spears-bodyguard-she-was-given-cocktail-powerful-*****-once-a-week

What makes you so certain Britney has Bipolar I? It’s never been confirmed by her, but speculated in the media much to the joy of Team Con who have spouted that Bipolar/crazy narrative since the beginning.

Lady Gaga is prescribed anti psychotic medication (olanzapine) and is not diagnosed with Bipolar. 

Lithium is used to treat a variety of mood and personality disorders, including mania, hypo mania, depression, aggressive or self harming behaviour, and yes bi polar. Hysteria - or severe bouts of anger and excessive emotional expression - is also be treated with lithium - at least it was, and in some parts of the world it still is. Though it (Hysteria) was declassified as a mental disorder by the American Psychiatric Association in the 1950s, it still hasn’t stopped certain US doctors prescribing it for women “who get out of hand”.

This NCBI paper from 1977 discusses the positive effect of Lithium on “unruly” women.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/320290/

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

I remember saying this years ago that she showed signs of being on lithium. You only had to see how drastically it altered her appearance and personality in 2011. She looked so spaced out. It’s so awful she was forced on a world tour and forced to do album promotion while sometimes she looked like she could barely walk. 

JAIL JAIL JAIL for everyone who allowed this to happen

Indeed. Many of us mentioned it various times and how concerning things were and so many fans only said "OMG how dare you touch the queen?" Go figure. 

If You Say So Shrug GIF

18 minutes ago, Justin Woodpond said:

According to Fernando Flores, Britney’s former bodyguard she was taking anti-psychotic medication at some point.

https://meaww.com/amp/who-is-fernando-flores-britney-spears-bodyguard-she-was-given-cocktail-powerful-*****-once-a-week

What makes you so certain Britney has Bipolar I? It’s never been confirmed by her, but speculated in the media much to the joy of Team Con who have spouted that Bipolar/crazy narrative since the beginning.

Lady Gaga is prescribed anti psychotic medication (olanzapine) and is not diagnosed with Bipolar. 

Lithium is used to treat a variety of mood and personality disorders, including mania, hypo mania, depression, aggressive or self harming behaviour, and yes bi polar.  Hysteria - or severe bouts of anger and excessive emotional expression - is also be treated with lithium.

I have read this type of comment many times and I just want to mention a couple of things. Nobody knows her condition, but  equalling bipolar disorder to "crazy" or dysfunctional, is the wrong approach. I think presenting a mental health issue as "crazy narrative" is pervasive. Whether Britney has it or not, is beyond the public's rights to know, but it wouldn't make her any less capable. Bipolar people are functional, if treated correctly and in healthy enviroments. I think a few fans here think bipolar, either one or two, renders you useless. No. 

I agree, her team has played a horrible game of suggesting severe mental illness to paint her as a totally incapable person and yet they wear the mask of decency. "She was incapable pf living if it had not been for daddy, she would be dead, buuuuut we are soooi respectful of her  privacy that we won't dare mention her struggles". Pluease! As fake as " I can't talk for nobody's mental health but she chased me with a knife and she was erratic". Horrible morons. But this doesn't mean bipolar is crazy.

And although your information about lithium is correct, one thing that is not mentioned there in your post is that it has some very challenging side effects. Broad spectrum side effects. For this reason and with more modern ***** and chemical compounds that work more efficiently and sometimes, causing less side effects, lithium tends to be relegated as a last resource or preferably - if the case allows, not prolonged use. Better treatments are very expensive, but Britney was able to afford them. It's devastating to think they were, mist likely, saving money even in her medical treatment, just to be able to steal and leech more from her. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Bigno said:

I have read this type of comment many times and I just want to mention a couple of things. Nobody knows her condition, but  equalling bipolar disorder to "crazy" or dysfunctional, is the wrong approach. I think presenting a mental health issue as "crazy narrative" is pervasive. Whether Britney has it or not, is beyond the public's rights to know, but it wouldn't make her any less capable. Bipolar people are functional, if treated correctly and in healthy enviroments. I think a few fans here think bipolar, either one or two, renders you useless. No. 

And although your information about lithium is correct, what is mentioned there is that it has some very challenging side effects. For this reason and with more modern ***** and chemical compounds that work more efficiently, lithium tends to be relegated as a last resort or preferably, if the case allows, not prolonged use. Better treatments are very expensive, but Britney was able to afford them. It's devastating to think they were probably saving money even in her medical treatment, just to be able to steal and leech more from her. 

Exactly we don’t know her condition. So why suggest it? It’s irresponsible of you, and extremely damaging.

Women and their “unusual” emotions/anger/behaviour have been used to justify the patriarchal “crazy” “hysterical” mental health diagnosis’ for centuries. Pease do not continue that.

And, I know all about bipolar suffers as my own family member is one such person. It is not I who suggests that they are “crazy”, read my comment again.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Exactly we don’t know her condition. So why suggest it? It’s irresponsible.

Women and their emotions/anger/behaviour have been used to justify the patriarchal mental health diagnosis’ for centuries. Pease do not continue that.

And, I know all about bipolar suffers as my own mother is one. It is not I who suggest they are “crazy”, read my comment again.

Agreed. I think the post you referenced did not assert a diagnosis, though. He simply contextualized treatments used for BD since her own team has mentioned this and the post was merely speculative addressing that, even if Britney had it, this choice of **** was, most likely, extremely poor and a total fail. He never diagnosed her with it. Then I just read that he did suggest she had it in a further post, statement with which I strongly disagree. Diagnosing someone without that individual's explicit request, asking for treatment or help, is violence. So, yeah, people shouldn't diagnose anybody that is not going for it.

Thnks for the exchange

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jon Lohse said:

I don't think it's too far off to speculate that she might be dealing with that. Sometimes she does seem a bit manic, although I personally feel that that is a normal thing people shouldn't be penalized for. At the same time, that diagnosis means relatively little in the sense that it can be applied to any number of different situations in which people are emotionally distressed due to outside pressures. But I would be willing to bet money that she was diagnosed with it.

It's not your place to speculate on this, let alone 'bet money' on medical diagnoses of a person you do not know.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Bigno said:

Agreed. I think the post you referenced did not assert a diagnosis, though. He simply contextualized treatments used for BD since her own team has mentioned this and the post was merely speculative. 

Speculative or not! Unless you or anyone is her personal doctor or therapist, it would be unwise to diagnose/speculate/theorise now or ever.

For years women have had that wool pulled over their eyes. Enough!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Speculative or not! Unless you or anyone is her personal doctor or therapist, it would be unwise to diagnose/speculate/theorise now or ever.

For years women have had that wool pulled over their eyes. Enough!

I edited and added two things to my post, cause I saw he later tried diagnosing her.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block