The Best Tennis Player Novak Dokovic VS Australia

7 hours ago, Seriously said:

Where did you read that? That is not true. No one in Australia has been forced to take a vaccine. There are industries you can’t work in without it, and certain places (nightclubs, some entertainment venues) you can’t go to, but that’s it. It is still a persons choice to have it or not.

Probably confusing it with Austria. Mandatory vaccine in February.

• Like 1

I know these conversations tend to be based more on emotion than fact, but just a few things for those who are interested from someone who works in public health:

The unprecedented resources put behind the research of the COVID vaccines means we have more data on them than almost any other medication, and the evidence is clear that they reduce transmission, reduce hospitalization, and reduce deaths. By a lot.

There are some contraindications (reasons you wouldn’t get the vaccine for medical reasons) but they are rare and usually related to allergies specific to the components of the vaccine. Celiac disease is not a contraindication and people with celiac disease should get vaccinated. Asthma is also not a contraindication, and people with asthma should get vaccinated. In fact, people with asthma are at much greater risk for severe illness or death from COVID and so in many areas where there is limited vaccine supply people with asthma are often prioritized so they can protect this vulnerable population.

COVID infection itself does not afford the same immunity as the vaccine, and even people who have had COVID before should be vaccinated. Those diagnosed with COVID are only considered immune for about 4 months after infection.

I don’t know Australian law, but in the US it is well established law that states (it’s harder for the federal government) can implement vaccine requirements. Even in those circumstances, the vaccine remains a choice, but every choice has consequences, so unvaccinated individuals could face limitations on what activities they could participate in (including some travel) or may be subjected to fines (which was found legal by the Supreme Court but is rarely implemented). So these types of restrictions in Australia would be hardly new.

If Djokovic has a true medical exemption (i.e. a condition diagnosed by a licensed doctor indicating he is unable to get the vaccine for health reasons… keeping in mind it would usually be a vaccine allergy and these are rare), then he should have documentation and the country should absolutely let him play. I believe he has a court date Monday, so we’ll see how it plays out. If he’s trying to game the system, he’ll likely find himself on a plane home soon.

The Australian public has been dubious about Djokovic’s medical exemption claim since he has previously (before the existence of the vaccine) thumbed his nose at efforts to curb COVID spread and the prospect of a future vaccine. He held a tennis tournament during the shutdown in 2020 which led to many people, including himself, getting sick.

Anyway, I hope that was helpful! And I hope everyone is staying safe themselves! I know several people who have passed from the disease, including both the parents of a close friend, so I feel for everyone who has lost loved ones. Hoping 2022 is better!

11 hours ago, FreeBritBrit said:

Ok, first of all, I don't agree with antivaxx people being selfish etc etc

I got 2 doses of pfizter but the complications were so ruthless I can't and wont take the booster. I just wont. I'm scared I won't be able to make it- I already have tachycardias that started to happen from the 2nd jab, I'm already super slow and can't get enough air when doing anything psychical and I'm on 3 types of anti hypertensive meds for it.

Am I selfish for not taking the booster? Honestly, I just don't want to die. I don't. And I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to go through the booster. If that makes me selfish. Ok. I'm fine with that.

If I was able to, I'd go live in a place no one lives in. I wouldnt give a f even if I had electricity. I wouldnt want anyone around me. And that's it. But I can't. I wear masks, I wash hands and I try not to go among people at all. Why? Well, because of my heart and breathing but also because I don't want to catch covid but even jabbed people can transmit it so...

If u heard a doctor okay, if u don't... Don't know what to think. My mother, she's got really big big problems, diabet, cardiac, hypertension, and she got the vaccine taking before and after a cure based on cortisone just for those who couldn't get the vaccine. But it's another story! Too many politically correct people in here anyway I see! 

Super Bowl Ok GIF by Pepsi

2 minutes ago, Gioney said:

If u heard a doctor okay, if u don't... Don't know what to think. My mother, she's got really big big problems, diabet, cardiac, hypertension, and she got the vaccine taking before and after a cure based on cortisone just for those who couldn't get the vaccine. But it's another story! Too many politically correct people in here anyway I see! 

Of course I went to a doctor, who do you think I got the meds from? If your mom wants 10 more boosters, her choice.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, FreeBritBrit said:

Of course I went to a doctor, who do you think I got the meds from? If your mom wants 10 more boosters, her choice.

Ok... I got it. 

I talked cause I've got so many 'doctors' around that I'm so sick. Anyway, totally ignorant in science but I trust scientists cause it's not my field.

I'm just talking about those who can but don't want. Maybe you are not one of them so calm down and let others take the vaccine. 

Ps: mama taught me to be responsable, and not to be selfish, so I didn't put a story up in getting my vaccine! Anyway, my choice. 

Why we talk about this?!? Wasn't this supposed to be a Britney, ah sorry no more, music related forum?!? Oooook, let's talk about music and turn the **** up! 

8 minutes ago, Gioney said:

Ok... I got it. 

I talked cause I've got so many 'doctors' around that I'm so sick. Anyway, totally ignorant in science but I trust scientists cause it's not my field.

I'm just talking about those who can but don't want. Maybe you are not one of them so calm down and let others take the vaccine. 

Ps: mama taught me to be responsable, and not to be selfish, so I didn't put a story up in getting my vaccine! Anyway, my choice. 

Why we talk about this?!? Wasn't this supposed to be a Britney, ah sorry no more, music related forum?!? Oooook, let's talk about music and turn the **** up! 

Because it's politics and global news section

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Gioney said:

Freedom of speech if u say something productive. That's all. 

Very Funny Oops GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

No.

''Freedom of speech is a principle that supports the freedom of an individual or a community to articulate their opinions and ideas without fear of retaliation, censorship, or legal sanction.''

This freedom of speech, meaning, if 1 single person on a forum doesn't like a certain thread discussed, it shouldn't be closed because of his/her personal opinion because 1st of all it's a personal opinion 2nd it's subjective 3rd no rules were broken and we all have freedom of speech

• Love 1
On 1/5/2022 at 8:49 PM, FreeBritBrit said:

''Novak Djokovic will not be able to defend his Australian Open title after authorities revoked his visa and decided to deport him.

The Australian government made the decision last year that all players must be fully vaccinated to enter the country, although they would make some medical examptions available in sepcial cases.

Djokovic travelled to Australia on Wednesday believing he was one such case, but he found himself detained at the airport for hours while the legitimacy of his claims were checked.

Ultimately, it was decided the world number one had not provided sufficient evidence to support his medical exemption and his visa was cancelled.

"The Australian Border Force will continue to ensure that those who arrive at our border comply with our laws and entry requirements." an ABF statement read.

"The ABF can confirm that Mr Djokovic failed to provide appropriate evidence to meet the entry requirements to Australia, and his visa has been subsequently cancelled.

"Non-citizens who do not hold a valid visa on entry or who have had their visa cancelled will be detained and removed from Australia.

"The ABF can confirm Mr Djokovic had access to his phone."

Djokovic was then taken to a quarantine hotel while arrangements for made to remove him from the country, atlthough reports claim he will appeal the decision.''

Djokovic is a nine-time Australian Open champion and another victory in Melbourne this year would have seen him surpass Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal in the race for the most career major titles.

So basically

Novak did not get the vaccine due to medical condition (it's known he has asthma and celiac disease), he got the medical pass and went to Australia. There, he couldn't exit the plane when he landed. He was taken by the police and he was under surveillance and with his phone taken away for more than 6 hours.

After Serbian and Australian ambacies got their **** together, he was sent back home.

The reason: his visa was filled the wrong way and the medical pass does not count (according to Australian prime minister- EVERYONE has to get the vaxx.)

https://www.planetsport.com/tennis/news/rules-rules-novak-djokovic-deported-leave-australian-open-hopes-tatters

Novak Đoković

Also, all this happened exactly 2 years after Dokovic made donations to Australia during the 2019s wildfires.

He’s not deported. Australia said that the anti vaxxer can leave the country anytime. He’s in a hotel where other refugees are too.

1 hour ago, Gioney said:

It’s your right not to take the vaccine but to live in society that are certain rules, sadly taking the vaccine is one of them. I took 2 jabs and soon I will take the booster. I had no issues so far, so I’m not afraid of that vaccine. People eat a lot of ultra processed foods that contains a lot of chemicals and make no noise but not just one vaccine and make a circus about it. 

2 minutes ago, DougfromBrazilIsBack said:

He’s not deported. Australia said that the anti vaxxer can leave the country anytime. He’s in a hotel where other refugees are too.

I havent updated it because there's news every hour.

Currently, there are lets say, peaceful protests/ support groups in Serbia

People are supporting Novak.

https://www.novosti.rs/sport/ostali-sportovi/1073861/svi-kao-jedan-noleta-skup-podrske-novaku-djokovicu-vrnjackoj-banji

2 minutes ago, FreeBritBrit said:

I havent updated it because there's news every hour.

Currently, there are lets say, peaceful protests/ support groups in Serbia

People are supporting Novak.

https://www.novosti.rs/sport/ostali-sportovi/1073861/svi-kao-jedan-noleta-skup-podrske-novaku-djokovicu-vrnjackoj-banji

Those Serbians are lunatics. The guy is a selfish white privileged turd. I hope he won’t be able to play. He’s entitled.

• Like 1

Good.

This isn't about covid alone but about equality and not standing above rules that apply to normal people. Even if he were God, the same rules applied to working class people should be applied to him.

It's sickening me that some people seem to think they have privilliges just because they're good at something and some of you defending him in this case are defending unequality.

Either let him in along with all the others that don't want to share their covid vaccinarion status or don't and don't let him in.

Periodt.

• Love 1
  • Like 1