The Best Tennis Player Novak Dokovic VS Australia

8 hours ago, FreeBritBrit said:

The court ordered the government to release him from detention and restore a visa. But Australian officials suggested they may make a new attempt to cancel it.''

Will be interesting to see how this plays out today. It’s a lose-lose for the government either way. 

For most Australians, the argument isn’t over whether he is vaccinated or not. It’s the double standards that an elite athletic is allowed to enter the country to play tennis when every day Australians with family members dying could not.

It probably does help public favour that he allegedly attended public events knowing he had covid and put others at risk. 

Did he deserve to made a very public example of? No. Should he have never got on a plane here in the first place? Absolutely.

• Like 1
Just now, Broccoli Spears said:

Will be interesting to see how this plays out today. It’s a lose-lose for the government either way. 

For most Australians, the argument isn’t over whether he is vaccinated or not. It’s the double standards that an elite athletic is allowed to enter the country to play tennis when every day Australians with family members dying could not.

It probably does help public favour that he allegedly attended public events knowing he had covid and put others at risk. 

Did he deserve to made a very public example of? No. Should he have never got on a plane here in the first place? Absolutely.

Serbia is hyped. Viber sent all of us news about him playing. It's all over the news right now.

I hope he wins. He's the best tennis player we have ever had in our history. We don't agree with every single thing he does but we are super proud of him for his accomplishments worldwide.

6 minutes ago, FreeBritBrit said:

Serbia is hyped. Viber sent all of us news about him playing. It's all over the news right now.

I hope he wins. He's the best tennis player we have ever had in our history. We don't agree with every single thing he does but we are super proud of him for his accomplishments worldwide.

Rightly so, he is a great tennis player. Not sure he will be well-received here by the crowd but that’s never stopped him before.

It’s very possible the Immigration Minister will override the courts decision and still deport him. Apparently it’s under consideration with an announcement expected today. All eyes here are still on the case.

I guess for me, if he can stay and work as an unvaccinated visitor then all the Australian nurses and teachers forced out of jobs should  be allowed to return to work. The fact that a person with wealth and status can really do what they want does not sit well with me. 

Not to mention the refugees that have been held in the same hotel who are not receiving the same legal privileges. So effed up!

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Broccoli Spears said:

Rightly so, he is a great tennis player. Not sure he will be well-received here by the crowd but that’s never stopped him before.

It’s very possible the Immigration Minister will override the courts decision and still deport him. Apparently it’s under consideration with an announcement expected today. All eyes here are still on the case.

I guess for me, if he can stay and work as an unvaccinated visitor then all the Australian nurses and teachers forced out of jobs should  be allowed to return to work. The fact that a person with wealth and status can really do what they want does not sit well with me. 

Not to mention the refugees that have been held in the same hotel who are not receiving the same legal privileges. So effed up!

The fact that nobody is talking about the refugees who are still held in the same hotel is seriously messed up. 

He's a great tennis player but I can't stand his entitled ***. He definitely benefitted from his elite status. He's rage outburts on the courts also show that he seriously needs therapy. 

13 minutes ago, FreeBritBrit said:

I'm not english explaining you an obvious meme.

Obvious when it's with a different language..yeah right. You obviously have nothing of value to add. He got a pass simply because he is famous and not because it was justified or else he simply would have stayed away in the first place, especially when refugees don't get the same treatment and Australian citizens were denied entry to visit dying relatives.

5 minutes ago, Turogue said:

Obvious when it's with a different language..yeah right. You obviously have nothing of value to add. He got a pass simply because he is famous and not because it was justified or else he simply would have stayed away in the first place, especially when refugees don't get the same treatment and Australian citizens were denied entry to visit dying relatives.

This thread is about Novak Dokovic not the refugees. Pulling out the refugges card is a nice way of mainstream media trying to ruin his reputation and deflect from the fact people lost their freedom of choice. Vaccine should be a choice.

Medical exceptions should exist.

His reputation was built on success, organically. Media had heavily politicized and manipulated this case and uses every single example to convince people Novak is some horrible person and doesn't deserve to play ever again at all.

Using refugees to make Novak some bad white, rich individual is a see-through. A blatant one and no one is buying it.

Media lost. Deal with it.

24 minutes ago, FreeBritBrit said:

This thread is about Novak Dokovic not the refugees. Pulling out the refugges card is a nice way of mainstream media trying to ruin his reputation and deflect from the fact people lost their freedom of choice. Vaccine should be a choice.

His reputation was built on success, organically. Media had heavily politicized and manipulated this case and uses every single example to convince people Novak is some horrible person and doesn't deserve to play ever again at all.

Using refugees to make Novak some bad white, rich individual is a see-through. A blatant one and no one is buying it.

Asthma is not a valid reason to not receive the vaccine. The regulations say when you recently had a severe case of Covid then you may be exempted, he didn't have a severe case. Did I only mention refugees? No, what about the citizens not being granted entry to visited dying relatives? You pick out what you want in order to portray your national hero as some poor victim. He knew the strict regulations of tje Australian borders, if he didn't then he's an even bigger idiot.

And his past behaviour also speaks for himself. 

25 minutes ago, FreeBritBrit said:

Oh and btw vaccines were not always a free choice in every country. History will show you that certain outbreaks lead to mandatory vaccinations in order to secure the health of the entire society. 

3 minutes ago, Turogue said:

Asthma is not a valid reason to not receive the vaccine. The regulations say when you recently had a severe case of Covid then you may be exempted, he didn't have a severe case. Did I only mention refugees? No, what about the citizens not being granted entry to visited dying relatives? You pick out what you want in order to portray your national hero as some poor victim. He knew the strict regulations of tje Australian borders, if he didn't then he's an even bigger idiot.

And his past behaviour also speaks for himself. 

Keep in mind general public, including me and you haven't seen his medical records so- keep that in mind. Maybe he has something  else, who know. What we know from the past is that he suffers from chronic asthma and has celiac disease, however, we haven't seen his records.

Medical exceptions should still exists.

Vaccine should be a choice.

Done.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, FreeBritBrit said:

Keep in mind general public, including me and you haven't seen his medical records so- keep that in mind. Maybe he has something  else, who know. What we know from the past is that he suffers from chronic asthma and has celiac disease, however, we haven't seen his records.

Medical exceptions should still exists.

Vaccine should be a choice.

Done.

Medical exceptions should of course exist but not in this case for asthma and celiac disease.