Vocal Coach Queen Georgina talks Britney IG vocals

22 hours ago, Caleb Ellis said:

She's got a point 

Yeah, I'm not up on all the technical things about music, but I thought was she said was spot-on. I like how …honest… she was about how Britney can't get her old voice back and how people's voices to change with life. But I like that she can train to get parts of her voice fuller. And I like that it was acknowledged that you have to account for Britney not singing in a while. 

18 hours ago, Onyx_Zone-89 said:

I love her because she is brutally honest.  I think people that can't understand music won't see that Britney has potential there. She hardcore does. . . did the clip sound good? No, it didn't. At all. But you can see hear range and certain techniques are there still. If Britney worked on her voice for a minute, she can get back to being really good again. Vocals are just like any other instrument, or doing math. If you don't use it you lose it. However you can relearn. 

Idk about at all. There were definitely areas that were solid, but it was not perfect by any means. Still, I loved hearing her sing and belt. And I'm glad Georgina found that part good (I think, I watched the video last night). 

30 minutes ago, ZoneGirl said:

Idk about at all. There were definitely areas that were solid, but it was not perfect by any means. Still, I loved hearing her sing and belt. And I'm glad Georgina found that part good (I think, I watched the video last night). 

Britney has tension in her voice and that is what makes it so awkward. But the thing is, the Baby voice is created by tension. When I took a vocal course, I was told that I hold tension as well but my coach told me to turn my head and look around while I sing and that took away some of that tension. So, Britney's belt was tense due to doing baby voice in the beginning and the lack of a warmup. It sounded like she just began the belt out of nowhere and started recording it, prior to warming up. She was not singing along with any notes so she didn't really have a reference note to hit. That's it. It was meant to show power or evoke an emotion, just like she sings, "I want you to knowowowow, How I feeeel". That was the full intent of it and that's why I love it. 

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Britney has tension in her voice and that is what makes it so awkward. But the thing is, the Baby voice is created by tension. When I took a vocal course, I was told that I hold tension as well but my coach told me to turn my head and look around while I sing and that took away some of that tension. So, Britney's belt was tense due to doing baby voice in the beginning and the lack of a warmup. It sounded like she just began the belt out of nowhere and started recording it, prior to warming up. She was not singing along with any notes so she didn't really have a reference note to hit. That's it. It was meant to show power or evoke an emotion, just like she sings, "I want you to knowowowow, How I feeeel". That was the full intent of it and that's why I love it. 

Right. Agree. That’s kinda how Georgina broke it down. Or how I’ve heard another musically inclined person break it down 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block