Billboard's 'Greatest Pop Stars' list 1999-2021 (Includes Britney, Beyonce, Taylor Swift and more)

1 minute ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Love the way you lie with Rihanna is why. 

In my eyes that was his comeback song. 

His 2009 album kinda flopped, if it wasn't for the warning. 

But he is now flopping.  That album Music to get ******** to did underperformed. he should have added some trap Music.  

100%. I think he’s overrated but I also think the reason he had the success in the early 2010s is because of Love the Way You Lie. The Warning wasn’t even an album track, right? It was a separate release if I remember correctly. It picked up buzz because of Mariah’s song Obsessed.

I think with Love the Way You Lie, to his credit he kind of discovered Skylar Grey bringing her on big tracks like Coming Home with Diddy, and I Need a Doctor with him and Dre.  This continued his relevancy into his song with Rihanna, The Monster which was what, like 2013? Rihanna and him ended up going on tour together. Basically I agree with you, if it wasn’t for Rihanna or Love the Way You Lie specifically… he’d be a very 2000s act. 

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Love the way you lie with Rihanna is why. 

In my eyes that was his comeback song. 

His 2009 album kinda flopped, if it wasn't for the warning. 

But he is now flopping.  That album Music to get ******** to did underperformed. he should have added some trap Music.  

Hmm I wouldn’t say he’s flopping. Music To Be ******** By still went number one and got a lot of buzz on release week as it was a surprise album. He just doesn’t really promote his music anymore. I think he’s comfortable surprise releasing music when he wants. Relapse wasn’t a failure either, although I agree for a comeback album it could have been better.

Love the Way You Lie is definitely his attempt at a more ‘pop crossover’ hit though.

7 hours ago, Prachi said:

Another trash list based on chart points 🥱

Oops...I did it again broke the first female record of 1m+ in a week without any bundling or even radio hit reaching to BB top 5 yet 2000 year wasn't good enough for them to give her this position! This list is circulating since 2015 they never even change it! No thanks, next! 

This, to me, is obviously something they just update for SEO purposes and drive web traffic. Makes sense especially at this time of year. Plus, they can look back at the past 12 months in Dec. 

• Like 1
On 12/16/2021 at 4:25 PM, LikeTheMoonAndSun said:

2003 Beyonce? she wasn't a thing till next decade :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

She had a big year with Crazy in Love but she was not the biggest pop star that year. 

50 Cents had a bigger year with "In the Club" "PIMP" "Magic Stick",so Did Evanescence with their "Bring Me to Life" album, and even Christina with Beautiful, Fighter, and Can't Hold us Down.

"Crazy In Love" was a bigger song than all of theirs but those artist owned that whole year... except Christina after the 2003 VMAs.:tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Rik said:

Beyoncé has been around for longer than Taylor and continues to have her own legacy. She’s written a fair bit of her music and has an incredible range. Beyoncé has had to endure being black in a predominantly white industry. She has watched it transform to what it is now, and has gone from being part of a successful girl group to being a very successful solo act in less than 20 years. Just like Britney, Beyoncé has a different kind of legacy that today’s artists including Taylor, will not be able to fully grasp. 

Yea Yea. But Beyonce was not the biggest artist of 2003. "Baby Boy" was not that big and "Crazy in Love" gradually became iconic as time passed; like lot of Britney songs. 2003 was good for Beyonce breaking out as a solo artist but she was not the biggest pop star at that time.

16 minutes ago, stanLOONA said:

i know right mean girls GIF

Now, some other names I wouldn't call POP STARS in a million years :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: Like ie Ed, having just hits doesn't make you a POP STAR, you need to give more than that because hits don't make you one, a persona, a style, a sound does, and he only have hits 

Tiffany Pollard Reaction GIF

This a charting point based list for the most part, when it comes to Billboard they first need to adjust their own rules for sales then they can have opinions on greatness :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, descg said:

From the countdown of Billboard of 2003 and magazine:

Top Pop Artists:

1. 50 Cent

2. R. Kelly

3. Sean Paul

4. Justin Timberlake

5. Christina Aguilera 

6. Beyonce

Top Pop Females:

1. Christina

2. Beyonce

The book online: https://books.google.es/books?id=bA8EAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA68&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false

But now is Beyonce... Clicking Christina Aguilera GIF

they've been doing this from forever, no surprises there. 

• Haha 1
On 12/17/2021 at 8:51 AM, cubasterd said:

She had a big year with Crazy in Love but she was not the biggest pop star that year. 

50 Cents have a bigger year with "In the Club" "PIMP" "Magic Stick",so Did Evanescence with their "Bring Me to Life" album, and even Christina with Beautiful, Fighter, and Can't Hold us Down.

"Crazy In Love" was a bigger song than all of theirs but those artist owned that whole year... except Christina after the 2003 VMAs.:tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

Even t.A.T.u. was more relevant and had global impact in 2003 than Beyonce

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.