Peloton offers a statement after the first episode of and just like that, caused a massive drop in sales in what's already a bad year for the fitness giant

In 2020, Peloton and the home gym market thrived in the pandemic to become a Billion dollar industry. 

Then, 2021 and people going back to regular lives caused the home gym to suffer big time, even Peloton slashed prices on their bikes, and a recall on their treadmills caused a lot of damage..

So they signed a Product placement deal (without reading the script) to the highly anticipated follow up to s** and the city (which everybody is calling the series unrealistic for two of the characters lives. Miranda a black lives activist, and Carrie doing a podcast with younger girls has been described as very unrealistic from the original series characters, only mild prudish Charlotte stayed the same)

But the death of Mr. Big has caused a huge uproar cause for 23 years this was Carrie true love, and he died on the Peloton bike. 

Which has lead the giant to have a cardiologist spokesperson basically say Mr. Big was gonna die for living an extravagant lifestyle of cigars, steaks and booze. He was gonna die anyway. 

This has a mixed reception on one hand people understand that this image was already tarnished and the fictional TV show could hurt more sales, but you have another side saying Peloton really had yo defend themselves from a piece of fiction.

But there's a debate saying Should businesses and brands see the scripts to actually see if it is a good thing for product placement or could it hurt them with endorsements 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was dumb to do an sponsored content linked to a death period.

He didn't die "on the bike", just right after, but you know, it was linked anyway.

I cannot believe a brand would not read the script to ensure their product had a positive light, especially for sports. Mad Men thought me shows search for the right brands to air in-between, and this time it was a big no.

Surely they regret about that product placement.

Spoiler

I am still in shock how Big was killed. Like they had no mercy or intelligence towards decades of relationships of Carrie and Big. Such a stupid way- Carrie was just hugging him and no 911 call was even called. I was dissapointed BIG TIME. The whole series looks like big cash grab for some of the actresses. And thank god Kim had nothing to do with that nonsense

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block