Britney and The Weeknd to be featured in new HBO movie 'THE IDOL'?

27 minutes ago, Gambler said:

HBO has officially ordered The Weeknd’s drama series “The Idol,” Variety has learned.

The Weeknd will star in the six-episode series, which was first announced as being in development in June, as well as serving as the co-creator. Set against the backdrop of the music industry, the series centers on a self-help guru and leader of a modern-day cult, who develops a complicated relationship with an up-and-coming pop idol.

Along with The Weeknd it was previously announced that Lily-Rose Depp would star in the series. Amy Seimetz is also now onboard to direct all six episodes. Variety has also learned that eight more actors have been added to the cast.

The concept is not really clear to me lol

• Haha 4
  • Like 1

She's trolling us y'all :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

Although it wouldn't surprise me if The Weeknd reached out to her to be part of his show since he has spoken about how she is one of the main inspirations behind his recent work, but I think it's unlikely she's part of this. She probably just read about it and thought it was kinda similar to her life since it's a show about a cult within the music industry.. but if Britney decides she wants to be on this show I will be very much here for it

• Love 4
  • Like 1
59 minutes ago, Gambler said:

HBO has officially ordered The Weeknd’s drama series “The Idol,” Variety has learned.

The Weeknd will star in the six-episode series, which was first announced as being in development in June, as well as serving as the co-creator. Set against the backdrop of the music industry, the series centers on a self-help guru and leader of a modern-day cult, who develops a complicated relationship with an up-and-coming pop idol.

Along with The Weeknd it was previously announced that Lily-Rose Depp would star in the series. Amy Seimetz is also now onboard to direct all six episodes. Variety has also learned that eight more actors have been added to the cast.

WAIT OMG IT'S A STREAMING SERIES?! :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped: I need to find someone with an HBO Max subscription for when it comes out.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block