The real discusses generational curses and how it affects the offspring..

The real discusses something that needs to be normalized, the generational curse. 

Loosely translated behavioral traits of your family that you picked up as a kid, and carried on. Like jeanie mai, you grew up thinking that this is ok, when it's not but it's hard to break cos that's all you know. 

They talked about how people are afraid to grow up poor because it's frowned upon by society, but that happens. 

Garceil talked about not knowing taxes , that led high school needs to teach us this, it's supposed to prepare you  for life in adulthood, but it does nothing what its expected of. 

Jeanie talked about how she yells and gets an attitude when she's mad, and it was passed down by her grandfather, and how in her family, not one marriage worked. All the women are divorced..

And they also discussed how being strong and independent actually hurts people when they want to settle down get married, they all agreed, you have to let some of that go. 

But all ask what degree is too much of letting go, to where the partner or husband feels he can be the main provider, we want to help pay the Bill's, etc. 

But men are taught they are the providers and we are only to stay at home and take care of the kids. Until that changes none of us can get a relationship that's 50/50..

@Jordan Miller

@Slayer

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to watch that video. I guess the title generational curse sounds a bit sensationalist for the description given. It could arguably be also called genetics.

These things are real and can haunt you for life but I don't think you have much to worry about unless you were in a dysfunctional environment, like me.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block