When free, can Britney make a “comeback” bigger than circus

rik

On 8/26/2021 at 2:05 PM, Saoru said:

No.

1. Lack of performing - she has not performed since 2018. This will have a massive impact on her dancing ability and endurance 

2. Lack of vocal training to be able to sing live as her ability to dance declines as she ages

3. Her age.. She does not sell with the younger generation. 

4. Personal life - she talks of future plans which makes and future performing way into the future, which multiplies points 1 to3

I have never seen her live, nor would I ever pay to see her live. 

It’s not like you said anything “that bad” or farfetched, but why are you even here. It was the last sentence for me. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, halfdressed said:

It’s not like you said anything “that bad” or farfetched, but why are you even here. It was the last sentence for me. 

OK I re-read that bit and see what you mean, I am a fan of hers but a late ish fan.. I've been following her story since 2014/5 because of the conservatorship mainly and her situation.

To rephrase better 

I have never seen her in concert.. But I wouldn't see her now or in the future. I wouldn't give money to that brand. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 8/26/2021 at 10:52 PM, rennen said:

No.

And I'm sorry but people saying B10 could be her most successful era ever are fooling themselves. No offence.

So true.

It's not 2008 anymore.

She may record a great album, because why not.

But the industry is so much different nowadays... Kylie's new album is so amazing and it didn't sell that much as I expected... Among many others.

I wonder why people are desperate for her to get attention. She's clearly sick of it. And for a long time.

If and when she does a -oh god I hate this too- "comeback". There will be plenty of fans waiting for her. But there is no conquering the world. And not just for her.

There is noone out there who has the whole world watching, like Britney had many years ago. It's just a more diverse, different world.

• Like 1
On 8/26/2021 at 3:05 PM, Saoru said:

No.

1. Lack of performing - she has not performed since 2018. This will have a massive impact on her dancing ability and endurance 

2. Lack of vocal training to be able to sing live as her ability to dance declines as she ages

3. Her age.. She does not sell with the younger generation. 

4. Personal life - she talks of future plans which makes and future performing way into the future, which multiplies points 1 to3

I have never seen her live, nor would I ever pay to see her live. 

To contradict all your above points

1. once Britney is free, she will be flooded with offers to talk about her personal life. Britney was very successful because she was relatable…with her struggle, no one see her as a famous celebrity. Every one see her as a strong women. even without releasing any music her streams on Spotify is increasing by 20% per year. She is more relatable than ever.

2. No one knows what happened in last 13 years, that make Britney mysterious. Hollywood loves that…she is even more relatable then ever.

3. Singing live- she sang live in Vegas, her team con doesn’t allowed her to do that. So if she even song 2-3 songs live….it will be huge

4. her signature voice, videos, and moves - Glory was ruined by team Con. But Britney view for glory was very clear and it could have been huge…she have a lot of things in pipeline , like Blackout 2.

5. Her popularity - she is back in News with all team con drama…Circus was huge because people were waiting for her comeback after being in conservatorship…now people what to see what see do after conservatorship. So there is already buzz for it

6. Look at britney..she is 40 and spooks super fit. If she is not performing doesn’t means she is not working out or dancing…so it’s lame to say she will not be able to do it. Also, it’s Britney, she knows to put a big show for audiences…remember when people said Vegas is a bad move.

7. She outsold younger generations with one album. She is yet to break streaming records, which she will.. she receives over 120 million plays per month on Spotify… with right promotion, she will tell younger generations how to put a show.

8. Even younger generations are not able to put a show like her..Vegas is a perfect example

So long story short… Britney have a lot to offer. She can talk about her trauma, abuse, struggle, and this time every one want to listen her

• Love 3
On 8/27/2021 at 8:20 AM, Lil-Jay said:

THIS 

You guys really think teens cared about Cher in the 90s or Mariah and Madonna in 00s? 

But still, they managed to have their second peaks (Cher with Believe, Mariah with Mimi and Madonna with Confessions). 

Ageism is real but "there can be miracles"

After all, if song is good and meant to be hit, that's all that matters:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Agree..also people want a good story. Britney have ton of stories! She is unforgettable 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Nickey said:

So true.

It's not 2008 anymore.

She may record a great album, because why not.

But the industry is so much different nowadays... Kylie's new album is so amazing and it didn't sell that much as I expected... Among many others.

Britney has a HUGE story to tell once she is free. That combined with a new album will sell, even if the album isn't that great. She just need a banger lead single.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, mythology said:

No because she's too old now:crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

Well, industry is agist yes but JLO has on the floor in her 40s - I feel if your music hits right anybody will listen despite the age, though an era bigger than circus? I don't think so, but bigger than FF? That's what economical according to me. 

She has a huge story to tell, she's too relevant right now - everybody knows her, if she comes back her old music will increase stream wise, her catalog will see some sale increase FF being 14 year into her career did short 5M+ pure albums WW and now 2.5x plat in the US! 

I think some fans are overestimating her and some fans the opposite, music being so accessible doesn't take the effort to listen to young GP still listen to Mariah because the music is right there same for Shakira, she might have good era depending how she rolls it out! But not bigger than circus. 

• Love 2

All you talking about promo.... The world is already watching for what she will do next.

She will need to be smart about it tho... If its more of the same and lackluster she will be done for good.

If its totally different, she's involved and engaged and serving looks, dancing and live vocals then it's a possibility.

I personally think she should do something TOTALLY different though... Who cares about charts and all the rest of it... I would much rather live YouTube sessions and spot performances at this point rather than another GMA Appearance and messy era... This needs to be on HER terms of she decides to do it. She needs to show the world her passion once and for all, if she comes out miming with the same tired **** lyrics... No one will care.

• Love 3

I actually see her doing a residency somewhere. Maybe not in California, but somewhere. She should leave California, its such a fake place. That way she can balance family and work. But honestly, after everything she's been through, does she really even have a family? I think she would be content focusing on her own mental health and making music, especially since music brings everyone together and really brings more joy in the world. I hope she finds her happiness through this medium than from toxic people. Now more than ever before she has such positive people rooting for her - with all the money and accolades too, she has all the creative freedom to do whatever she wants artistically. With that drive, I think she can conquer the world! Not for prestige, just for her own love of dance and music. It honestly doesn't matter where it goes, as long as she is happy. 

• Love 2

For me, a great comeback would be if she ended her contract with her record label and start her own label, free at last from these sharks. I don't feel comfortable with continuing in the same direction as previous. Don't know how supportive I would be as the trust is broken. What is to say they will look after and put her health first ?? They knew her the longest and the fact they havent put down their foot at any point...no, i dont want her to do it. Their silence is dripping of guilt and complicity.

• Love 2

Also, Britney should start writing. I'd personally would love to read little anecdotes , poems , stories and her thoughts. I feel it would be a great outlet for her to heal and regain power plus she is such a great storyteller in her own unique quirky way. I am not easy to please. A picky reader but I am so drawn into her way of telling a story

She would be terrific. Her imagination knows no boundary and I love that about her.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Prachi said:

Well, industry is agist yes but JLO has on the floor in her 40s - I feel if your music hits right anybody will listen despite the age, though an era bigger than circus? I don't think so, but bigger than FF? That's what economical according to me. 

She has a huge story to tell, she's too relevant right now - everybody knows her, if she comes back her old music will increase stream wise, her catalog will see some sale increase FF being 14 year into her career did short 5M+ pure albums WW and now 2.5x plat in the US! 

I think some fans are overestimating her and some fans the opposite, music being so accessible doesn't take the effort to listen to young GP still listen to Mariah because the music is right there same for Shakira, she might have good era depending how she rolls it out! But not bigger than circus. 

Agree to everything! It can be bigger than Circus. But stats might be different…it could be like she broke streaming record or have multiple songs in hot 100. 

today it’s impossible to sell 10 million copies, but she is yet to be streaming monster. In 2007/08 a lot of people wanted Britney to fail. If you look around FF era, she was way too criticized. But in 2021 things are different, people want her to win. 

if an emotional or dark pop album like Blackout..could be huge if it is promoted right.

• Love 2

I don't know if anything will be as big as circus. In london at least it was insane. Months of hype. Daily hype in every London newspaper for months.  Basically the whole country was ready. The whole 02 arena was set up as an amusement park. Rides, dogem cars, clowns, performers and more.  TWO opening acts. A huge moving centre stage screen. It was all immense 

• Love 1