When free, can Britney make a “comeback” bigger than circus

rik

16 hours ago, Prachi said:

All the people on this thread who are saying she can't cater to younger gen should understand only younger generation is not making the whole population, Madonna still outsells tour I agree industry is agist but if Brit is smart about it she can have her peak era just like Madge! 

THIS 

You guys really think teens cared about Cher in the 90s or Mariah and Madonna in 00s? 

But still, they managed to have their second peaks (Cher with Believe, Mariah with Mimi and Madonna with Confessions). 

Ageism is real but "there can be miracles"

After all, if song is good and meant to be hit, that's all that matters:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 3

I can’t at the fans doubting her. Yes she can make a comeback once she’s free? She will always be a dancer! It’s called rehearsals and good choreography. Add some pre recorded vocals and amazing costumes/hair and you will all be impressed and content. 

Not to mention all the exposure and support she’s received. Once she’s actually “free”, it will be a historic time tbh and others will want to celebrate with her! 

Once she’s free, she will focus on her personal life first. Then will give her fans what they want, I can’t imagine her never being on the stage again. It’s who she is and I know she loves it. The passion has been stolen from her due to trauma, understandably. Once she finds herself again I believe the passion will come back and it will shine through her performances and new show. 

I think Britney right now doesn’t even think about that. I think she’s focused on herself and whatever happens after I will support ❤️ 

I also believe she will have no troubles receiving a Vegas residency once she’s ready. So she will then be able to perform, make a lot of money and then also have a schedule and a private life. I feel a residency would be her best choice when it comes to performing again. 

• Love 2

I dont want her to comeback unless she wants to. 

And her performances need to improve: CD vocals from 1998 and bad dancing wont help her. All of her concerts since 2009 are cringeworthy. POM was a joke that should have ended after one year. New generations sing Live and dont lip sync - or at least use good pre recorded vocals. 

and I understand why her tours were so bad. I would perform the same way if my parents were in charge of everything. 

6 hours ago, Saoru said:

Oh sweetie, I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic but I don't agree with you here. 

I won't comment on her moves on Instagram, other than she is not performance ready, but her vocals have been close to non existant for her entire career and have very rarely been on point even in her prime, and I say this as a fan.I don't see her having a bigger tour than circus ever. It is a very high bar. 

Why are you in this forum? You’re either a Christina fan or Loucifer, and if you’re the latter then I will not talk with you anymore and will have to consult my lawyer, allegedly :katyfrog_perry_upset_um:

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Lil-Jay said:

THIS 

You guys really think teens cared about Cher in the 90s or Mariah and Madonna in 00s? 

But still, they managed to have their second peaks (Cher with Believe, Mariah with Mimi and Madonna with Confessions). 

Ageism is real but "there can be miracles"

After all, if song is good and meant to be hit, that's all that matters:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

thing is back then the industry wasn't really ruled just by teens, as it is nowadays especially with streaming having so much importance these days, and adults apparently having no presence in that regard (for some weird reason I still can't comprehend) 

Remember when Mood Ring was released and it was like almost or at the top of the Digital Sales chart, yet it didn't even crack the Billboard Hot 100 chart? 

Maybe she could have more luck in terms of concerts, but I really doubt the first thing she's gonna do is embark on a tour. 

As you say, if a song is meant to be a hit, it will, but Britney really isn't in a position where we can say "whatever she releases it's gonna be a hit" not even because of the freebritney. If it doesn't click with the younger generations, it won't go anywhere. But as I said on another comment, it shouldn't really matter to any of us. 

To the OP:

Another thing is that Britney's 2008 "comeback" wasn't really a comeback, and not just to repeat Britney's words, but literally, she had just released Blackout in 2007, with the last single Break the Ice even being released in early 2008, so she was still very current in the music scene despite her personal problems, and her "formula" still worked with the current state of the music scene. 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

thing is back then the industry wasn't really ruled just by teens, as it is nowadays especially with streaming having so much importance these days, and adults apparently having no presence in that regard (for some weird reason I still can't comprehend) 

Remember when Mood Ring was released and it was like almost or at the top of the Digital Sales chart, yet it didn't even crack the Billboard Hot 100 chart? 

Maybe she could have more luck in terms of concerts, but I really doubt the first thing she's gonna do is embark on a tour. 

As you say, if a song is meant to be a hit, it will, but Britney really isn't in a position where we can say "whatever she releases it's gonna be a hit" not even because of the freebritney. If it doesn't click with the younger generations, it won't go anywhere. But as I said on another comment, it shouldn't really matter to any of us. 

To the OP:

Another thing is that Britney's 2008 "comeback" wasn't really a comeback, and not just to repeat Britney's words, but literally, she had just released Blackout in 2007, with the last single Break the Ice even being released in early 2008, so she was still very current in the music scene despite her personal problems, and her "formula" still worked with the current state of the music scene. 

but the thing is do we really care about chart at this point? Most of hardcore Britney fans are over 30s now, and I don't think fans care about it anymore. 

Most of them will be just pleased to see her back on game.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, _genic said:

but the thing is do we really care about chart at this point? Most of hardcore Britney fans are over 30s now, and I don't think fans care about it anymore. 

Most of them will be just pleased to see her back on game.

yeah, that's my point. 

I think at this point we'll all be happy if she decides to release anything at all, and we should all just focus on enjoying it and let her know we support it, and don't care if the rest of the world appreciates as much as we do. We need to be conscious that it is very unlikely she'll be able to compete with today's biggest acts. 

But even if it "flops" in terms of success or sales, it will still be worth it, for US the fans, and for her as an artist and free woman, and that's all that matters :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: 

• Love 1

Man. You guys are negative as HELL. Just downright depressing. Britney can absolutely make an incredible comeback. This is the most support she has received in YEARS. Obviously she is gonna focus on her personal life and heal from her trauma first, but once she is ready I just know she will come back with a vengeance. She has so much material she probably wants to write and sing about. I can just feel that she is gonna gain her passion back when she is free because it is now HER vision for her career. Not the vision of her father or her management, HER vision. You guys need to have more faith in her, you guys are really crappy 🤣……. #B10 will be a moment I guarantee that. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Kletus said:

Why are you in this forum? You’re either a Christina fan or Loucifer, and if you’re the latter then I will not talk with you anymore and will have to consult my lawyer, allegedly :katyfrog_perry_upset_um:

I'm on here because I'm a fan of hers, like all of us.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
On 8/26/2021 at 2:05 PM, Saoru said:

No.

1. Lack of performing - she has not performed since 2018. This will have a massive impact on her dancing ability and endurance 

2. Lack of vocal training to be able to sing live as her ability to dance declines as she ages

3. Her age.. She does not sell with the younger generation. 

4. Personal life - she talks of future plans which makes and future performing way into the future, which multiplies points 1 to3

I have never seen her live, nor would I ever pay to see her live. 

I pity you and what are you doing here?

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Madonna was 47 when Hung Up was released I believe, she definitely has the potential for future chart success it just has to sell mainstream ala Scream and Shout, I think this is the COMEBACK whenever and if she decides to do that, I think her potential is astronomical tbh, if it’s done right

• Love 2
5 hours ago, germyerick said:

I pity you and what are you doing here?

You do realise the topic is asking to give your opinion of if she can have a bigger tour than circus? It's not whether or not she can do any tour or release a song. She is more than  apable to do that if she wants, but my point relates specifically to the topic title. 

I simply don't think she can do a tour bigger and more successful than circus and I gave my reasons. 

There is no need to get insulted and defensive. 

If you think she can, then simply say yes and list your reasons. You might even convince someone who doesn't think so. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, glitterfalls said:

I'm gonna say what I've been saying. I wouldn't be surprised if Britney walks away completely. How can you go back to something that helped imprison you? Has it just been completely tainted to the point where "I NEVER want to do any of this again." 

I agree with you here. This is what I think also. 

For me the brand seems so evil that I can not support it and haven't since 2016. Even when her tour came to Ireland in 2018 people thought I would go but it seemed morally wrong at that point