When free, can Britney make a “comeback” bigger than circus

rik

I think she is done :(

What made her BRITNEY was her amazing dancing, choreo, music videos and MARKETING TEAM. She was everywhere in her Prime era.

And all of y'all making excuses for her dancing "because she in her 40's" LMAOOO yet Janet and JLO are still killing it in their 50's. And Bey too who is the same age as her, so age ain't nothing but a number. I do however think her medication has affected her. She always looks worried while dancing and has been stiff for years. We keep waiting for that COMEBACK performance.... but we haven't gotten it yet and I doubt she is about to give it to us after all this is done. I think she has been done for years now. I don't think she CRAVES to be #1 or the BEST anymore....

I rather her retire with what she has given us than do anymore cringey/lackluster performances. We have enough of that on Insta :(

She seems happier being a normal girl who wants to spend time with her family and enjoy her freedom. She has given us so much more than most artists in just 6 years - 1998 to 2004 and I'm good with that.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Sourab Patodi said:

Agree to everything! It can be bigger than Circus. But stats might be different…it could be like she broke streaming record or have multiple songs in hot 100. 

today it’s impossible to sell 10 million copies, but she is yet to be streaming monster. In 2007/08 a lot of people wanted Britney to fail. If you look around FF era, she was way too criticized. But in 2021 things are different, people want her to win. 

if an emotional or dark pop album like Blackout..could be huge if it is promoted right.

Of course, but circus bar is very high but not saying its unachievable - she can def have bigger than FF considering she sold a lot from that album too! Today industry has changed, but you don't need huge numbers to chart now GP (younger) doesn't care about hits are coming from where - on the floor by JLO is a perfect example here - she was in her 40s that time. All you need is a hit, and smart marketing strategies something I see from Taylor! It's really not that hard to sell these days considering how easily charts are topped. 

• Love 1

If she gives her all and gets a good team behind her then yes i could see her pulling off another FF or Circus. But for that to happen she needs to be into it and show that. She needs good songwriters too bcs her comeback should be a personal track which is a bop (smth like stronger or lonely). With a HIGH BUDGET music video

• Love 1

I want to say yes. i really do. the music industry has changed so much and I dont think there is space for our generation's sound anymore. she could be a very successful touring artist again. Look at madonna, her music doesn't appeal to most of its listeners but she brings in huge numbers from touring. Britney is a nostalgic act now apparently, even though she has the capability to crack the top 10 of music if she really wanted to.

Britney has a lot of support from people now. so, who knows really. she could make a total silent album and i would find a wat to dance to it lol.

im sure if i ruminate on this topic longer, i could come up with a cohesive thought process on this.

one last thing. I really hope a lot of her old collaboraters are not burnt out from working with her dumb team. seems like they blacklisted her from everyone professionally.

• Love 1
On 8/26/2021 at 2:05 PM, Saoru said:

No.

1. Lack of performing - she has not performed since 2018. This will have a massive impact on her dancing ability and endurance 

2. Lack of vocal training to be able to sing live as her ability to dance declines as she ages

3. Her age.. She does not sell with the younger generation. 

4. Personal life - she talks of future plans which makes and future performing way into the future, which multiplies points 1 to3

I have never seen her live, nor would I ever pay to see her live. 

I have an answer to each of the issues you pointed out:

1. Correction. WE havent seen her dancing, that does not mean she lost her ability to do so. She’s been in great shape as from 2015 to date. Look at most of the Domination rehearsals, now imagine if those choreographies were 100% done by her and a dance crew, a dance crew she herself chooses like in the past. The Janet little choreo of All Nite she did with Mikey, one of her dancers. Now tell me you wouldn't like to see this kind of Primeney in 2021.

https://youtube.com/shorts/NE_UwTFwXow?feature=share

2. Well, we honestly dont expect her to be Whitney Houston but she definitely can sing as always. Voice is not the 100% when it comes to singing. Many factors can make a song a great song. Mood Ring, Make Me, Everytime and many others are amazing songs which dont need to be sang by powerhouse singers in order to stand out are vocally great. 

3. Madonna made a better comeback than Jesus himself in 2005 with Hung up and the Confessions Tour, she was 47.

4. I would give you the point in this matter. Shes said she would like to focus on her personal life and family, which doesnt necessarily means she stops working. Blackout was made from late 2005 to mid 2007, a time that was supposed to be out of work, making a family, relaxing, etc. Yet, our girl built a recording studio at her house. 

Idk if you are an old or newer stan but, we were kinda in the same situation in 2005-2006. We thought her music career was up to In The Zone. I trust our girl one day will come back. :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Barbiebrit said:

And all of y'all making excuses for her dancing "because she in her 40's" LMAOOO yet Janet and JLO are still killing it in their 50's. And Bey too who is the same age as her, so age ain't nothing but a number.

I have been one of those 'complainers' every time shes done those sh1tty arm choreographies, tapping her knees and stuff but now the truth has come out: DO YOU REALIZE OUR GIRL HAS BEEN UNDER MEDICATION THIS LAST DECADE at (least) ? 

Seriously girl, last week I could barely sleep due to insomnia and other personal stuff, anyways, I push myself to go to the gym and felt like sh1t doing the bare minimum. I cannot imagine how brinti must have been feeling having lithium in her, after being literally grabbed by her idiotic father to stage, with the fear of maybe losing the right to see her babies, paying the bills of all those rats around her and yet, having to smile and act like everything was ok. She’s stronger than I thought she was. :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

7 hours ago, Barbiebrit said:

I think she is done :(

What made her BRITNEY was her amazing dancing, choreo, music videos and MARKETING TEAM. She was everywhere in her Prime era.

And all of y'all making excuses for her dancing "because she in her 40's" LMAOOO yet Janet and JLO are still killing it in their 50's. And Bey too who is the same age as her, so age ain't nothing but a number. I do however think her medication has affected her. She always looks worried while dancing and has been stiff for years. We keep waiting for that COMEBACK performance.... but we haven't gotten it yet and I doubt she is about to give it to us after all this is done. I think she has been done for years now. I don't think she CRAVES to be #1 or the BEST anymore....

I rather her retire with what she has given us than do anymore cringey/lackluster performances. We have enough of that on Insta :(

She seems happier being a normal girl who wants to spend time with her family and enjoy her freedom. She has given us so much more than most artists in just 6 years - 1998 to 2004 and I'm good with that.

Remember, it was nothing like Janet or JLO - They werent ever forced to perform. Britney ALWAYS gave her all. She just never could do that being chained and in a cage. Ur cruel if you dont understand this.

• Love 1

idk, personally i don't really pay attention to charts or stats, i just want good music, i don't care if she flops or not, of course it would be fun to see her in another huge and epic pop era but at the same time i'm like "been there, done that", she's already released so many good pop tracks, it would be way more fun to see her release something different and unexcepted

but honestly i really doubt shes releasing any music anytime soon. it will prob take a decade before we get something new.

• Love 1

YES! She gets to have her FREEDOM back! Her basic human rights back! She can control what direction she wants her career to go next. But most importantly, she can HEAL and BE WHOLE again! 

That is WAY better than her 2008 LOCKED UP PRISON SENTENCE COMEBACK! Perspective. 

• Love 2