When free, can Britney make a “comeback” bigger than circus

rik

I'm a bit scared, her vision is not always the best... her choreos are usually very childish compared to what she's really capable of with a good choreographer helping her.

But whatever, i would be so eager to see her performing once this mess has ended, she should work in few killing live perofrmances and a great album. A tour only if she really wish to give her best every night!

• Like 1

No.

And I'm sorry but people saying B10 could be her most successful era ever are fooling themselves. No offence. 

When she's free, not if, I hope she takes all the time she needs to heal properly.

She may find that writing/recording music is therapeutic for her and if we got snippets of music via her social media channels or with a low key album release, I'd be happy. But I believe even the prospect of that is YEARS off.

I think it's pretty clear she wants to get married and have another child - and after being robbed of being the mother she could she deserves more than anything to have another child in my opinion. That is way more important than music - her personal happiness and fulfilment in life. 

• Love 8

No , and it's not because she's not good enough/relevant enough , it's because everything is very different, the industry , the world , the audience , she will always be a legend and she will always slay because she's a star , but it wouldn't make as much of an echo and buzz like in 2008 , not trying to be depressing or something , but people nowadays live inside of their bubbles and watch their smartphone 24/7 with their customized feed and cookies .... And honestly I personally don't care because I just hope she'll be happy once she's free , whatever she chooses to do I support it (though I hope we'll get new music 1 day) 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Yes she can and yes she will.

Also to users thinking she can't cater to young adults and teenagers anymore, Madonna had a huge comeback with young audiences including teens in 2005 with Confessions so we know it can be done, it's not easy but it takes certain legendary artists who are already respected by all other generations and Britney is the one. Also gen z's recent interest on #FreeBritney and some of her late 00s and early 10s songs may suggest she's heading in the right path.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ROL said:

Yes she can and yes she will.

Also to users thinking she can't cater to young adults and teenagers anymore, Madonna had a huge comeback with young audiences including teens in 2005 with Confessions so we know it can be done, it's not easy but it takes certain legendary artists who are already respected by all other generations and Britney is the one. Also gen z's recent interest on #FreeBritney and some of her late 00s and early 10s songs may suggest she's heading in the right path.

Britney is the one yes

btw @SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN no Payola for this one either 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Stefani said:

Maybe but it would depend on how much promo she's willing to do, which worries me already since she hasn't seemed to care as much about her music career ever since she had kids. She'd also need a really good lead single that's catered to the GP.

And all of y'all would have to pitch in for real this time unlike that lackluster support y'all showed during the BJ and Glory eras. I'm talking about mass buying and streaming with VPNs. Copy the BTS stans for once. Ask your Grindr hook-ups to contribute too.  :hillary_clinton_mad_rant_yelling_telling_arguing_fighting:

She hasn't cared about her music career because she's been under a conservatorship and has no rights. She said herself that this conservatorship has even killed her dreams.

OT: Yes, her comeback would be massive as long as the music is good. People love Britney and she's a legend.

• Love 4

IMO if she wants to go back to music she will have a successful comeback! But if she decides to retire and be done, as a fan I would support that!

if she does make another album I want her to call the album daddy’s little girl or conservatorship basically go in on Jaime but one can dream! 

e5054e1dcc9d96685004c3eb92315aa8_w200.gi

• Love 1

God, people need to accept the fact that her glory days are over. They were over in 2005. If you can't accept that, just quit.

She will not dominate the world. Ever. The scene has changed and nothing wrong with that.

Remember how Madonna basically became less and less relevant even though she was actually trying? That's the circle of life, honey.

All we can hope is that she will give us fans some great performances and new songs in a way she wants, but only if she wants.

So at this point I'm just hoping she'll be free to do what she wants to do, and I have no delusions about her musical career.

I don't love her because everyone else does. She'll always be an icon and she doesn't need to prove anything.

Ps.: She always hated the word comeback. 

1 hour ago, thedoughboy said:

i'm so tired of topics like this

1 hour ago, lali92 said:

God, people need to expect the fact that her glory days are over. They were over in 2005. If you can't accept that, just quit.

She will not dominate the world. Ever. The scene has changed and nothing wrong with that.

This is super irrelevant considering most of her #1s were in 2011, whereby she still was doing well commercially. 

I also recognize she doesn’t like the word comeback hence why I said “comeback”,  because it’s not necessary given that she Has been working the entire time. I agree that artists progressively become less popular but look at how huge she is right now with free Britney? I’m not suggesting she capitalize off of that, but it shows that there is of course general public support. We all of course want her to be happy at the end of the day. That’s not even a question and I think most of us know she doesn’t want to make music right now. 

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, Kletus said:

She dances every day on Instagram sweetie she is performance READY and her live vocals have always been on point so no point worrying about that :jamie_lynn_grape:since you’re not going to her live show it’ll be more room for me and my posse :liberatedaf_beyonce_yellow_lemonade_happy_free_carefree_smile_wind_hold_up:

Oh sweetie, I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic but I don't agree with you here. 

I won't comment on her moves on Instagram, other than she is not performance ready, but her vocals have been close to non existant for her entire career and have very rarely been on point even in her prime, and I say this as a fan.I don't see her having a bigger tour than circus ever. It is a very high bar. 

A comeback? Absolutely, but not a huge one. Circus and the album that followed it put her in competition with newer artists like Gaga, Rihanna and Katy Perry. She was always placed with them despite having been in the industry for over a decade longer than both of them. I doubt Britney will be popular enough to be in the same boat as Olivia Rodrigo and Billie Eilish.

Frankly, I don’t think any artist can do that ever again. Madonna did it plenty of times as did Mariah and Britney. I doubt it’ll ever be done again.

36 minutes ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

I doubt Britney will be popular enough to be in the same boat as Olivia Rodrigo and Billie Eilish.

I think some of you underestimate Gen Z - There are three things they are passionate for: Internet culture, justice and the 00s.

In this generation nobody talks about a lot of singers/actresses that were popular at that time, sure, but we all know how much of an icon Britney was back then. She was everywhere, and Gen Z knows that exactly. They know her Pepsi commercials, they know about her iconic perfomances, they know about the conservatorship and want freedom for her. Every party I went to hosted by people, who clearly belong into Gen Z, blasted songs like Toxic, Slave 4 U, Gimme More, etc. There definitely is a lot of potential for Britney to be very popular and have success as of today - if she wants to.

• Love 8

It depends. People are very interested in her right now because of her conservatorship and I can predict that people will talk a lot about her when she's finally free and have her music comeback but it's hard to predict her career. You just can't do that. People saying here that she won't or she will have a huge comeback know NOTHING. I know NOTHING. We just can't predict the world like that. But pop girls, artists nowadays are extremely boring so it's a benefit

• Love 4

I think a "comeback" could be as big as SHE wants it to be.  It all depends on her finding her passion again.  This conservatorship has killed her passion.  Getting out of her situation doesn't necessarily mean that she will get her passion back but, at the same time, it is the only way.  She has literal years of material she could write about and with the right song writers/producers (of HER choice) she could easily make an incredible album that will be a hit with fans and the GP.   The fans would eat it up just because it would be Britney on her own terms, the SJW's would eat it up because of her getting justice.  Casual members of the GP would be interested because of those 2 combined, as well as we know how much better Britney performs when she is feeling the material she is performing to.  Having her passion back could introduce her to the newer generation as the pop titan that our generation knows her as. 

Having a full sit down interview with someone she is comfortable with (who also in great at what they do being an interviewer) could do wonders for her public image.  Unpopular opinion maybe.....but i think Kelly Clarkson would be great.  She has such a positive energy, has also fought behind the scenes with her label/management.  Recently went through a divorce where she has to pay alimony just like Britney.  She would know as someone who has been through similar situations (given not to the same extremes or extent) what questions and topics would be kosher to speak about, and even the hard hitting question would be said in a positive manner. 

Add in the fact the she could be around her sons whenever they want to be around without that douche bag interfering would automatically put her in a better space as that is all she has really wanted is a happy life with her kids.   Her kids are the newer generation let's keep in mind!  They know what is cool with their generation and could help her with that aspect.   Not as managers or anything of the sort, but they definitely would know what she could do to be relevant with their age group.   

Would the album become as big as BOMT/OOPS/Britney/ITZ?  No, absolutely not, and I hope no real fans would expect that.  Could it be as big as Circus?  Yes, I believe so.  Could it be bigger than BO, FF, BJ, Glory?  Absolutely!  Not to mention that having a decent/big era in the streaming era would boost her streams for all of her previous work and keep the buzz on her name relevant until her next project.  The album may not move as many sales equivalents for the "comeback album" as the Circus album moved during its campaign but, with the added sales equivalents from the boost of streaming of her old projects, it could move the same if not more when all is said and done.

• Love 4