When free, can Britney make a “comeback” bigger than circus

rik

I think it will be The Comeback and at that moment we can really say that, because as she has often said "I never left, I often stay at work"
but it will take so long that she has stopped everything so the day she comes back it will be spectacular.
she will come back I think with the thing she loves the most R & b also containing Pop Rock for the spirit force a Britney 2.0 mixed with Blackout 2.0 with a touch of Glory.
all this with a  promotion! a tour of about fifty dates to start will be quite good with possibilities of extensions if she wishes to continue. Or recorded an album and a tour the next year, after realesed 4 or 5 singles.
  • Love 1
On 8/26/2021 at 12:05 PM, Saoru said:

No.

1. Lack of performing - she has not performed since 2018. This will have a massive impact on her dancing ability and endurance 

2. Lack of vocal training to be able to sing live as her ability to dance declines as she ages

3. Her age.. She does not sell with the younger generation. 

4. Personal life - she talks of future plans which makes and future performing way into the future, which multiplies points 1 to3

I have never seen her live, nor would I ever pay to see her live. 

:grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed: 
You speak as if Britney was a 90 year old woman. Ageism at its best. The girl has been in captivity for 13 years without any say in her performances or her kitchen cabinets. Your whole argument about singing live is tired and completely irrelevant. Even her biggest fans know and don’t care that she doesn’t sing live. But she can still put on a show. So yes, She absolutely can have a massive comeback with her being the creative director but only IF she wants to and that would be her prerogative. 

• Love 2

I say yes. 

And I think she would WANT it as well. One last time. To prove to team con. That she has IT. And she can do it bigger and better without them. 

And to show them what Britney they missed out on having. By locking her up and not letting her do things her way. 

And yes again because THE WORLD IS WATCHING. AND SHE IS THE MOMENT!!

• Love 2

No.

1. Lack of performing - she has not performed since 2018. This will have a massive impact on her dancing ability and endurance 

2. Lack of vocal training to be able to sing live as her ability to dance declines as she ages

4. Personal life - she talks of future plans which makes and future performing way into the future, which multiplies points 1 to3

I  mean.... we all have have our preferences when it comes to paying to see an artist live.... I'll give you that.... but your thoughts on her potential successful come back are WAY OFF.

Can she a long term, sustainable 3-4 album run? Maybe not. The buzz will wear off, and I'm not sure she has the sophistication to excel beyond the style of pop that made her famous, a style which is now firmly stuck and left in the 2000s. 

That being said, can she make a big comeback? I  think that's an emphatic YES. All of the odds are in her favor. The WHOLE WORLD is watching her right now. Everyone's talking about this conservatorship, and nearly everyone is rooting for her. If she's successful in terminating it, and taking some time with Sam or however else she wants to re-set, the world will be watching how she comes out of it. Like I said, this may not translate to a 3-4 album, decade long stretch.... but it's definitely enough buzz for a big era. 

'Glory' proved she could pull of a modern pop sound. If she took some time to get back in tip top shape (which we've seen in 2016), and really put together a decent album... I  think the odds are more than in her favor. 

And as for the age comments.... Madonna had 2 back to back tours that were the most successful of her career, sold out worldwide, in her 50's. Janet Jackson made a massive splash just recently and had a sold out tour..... and the album she dropped was a bust. Success isn't necessarily album sales alone, and as long as there are fans that find an artist fascinating, there will be avenues for success.

• Like 2

She can do whatever she wants to. With Britney it's never a question of can she but a question of will she?

I
 really don't think Brit cares about being on top. Conservatorship or not, I think she's done with the music business and I wouldn't blame her AT ALL considering the past 13 years.

• Love 3

No.

We’ll see. 😉

• Love 1