Gen Z fans ~ What made you a Britney stan?

I was born in 1994. I guess I'm a cusp.

I've always been a Britney fan, but probably didn't officially join the Army until 2013 when Perfume was released.

I remember everyone crapping on Britney's vocals around this era but when I heard Perfume, I was really impressed with the way she sounded and it made me rediscover Britney's discography, which made me an ultra stan.

• Love 5

I honestly didn’t know Britney is such a good performer and has such a warm personality. The earliest Britney era I remember was Femme Fatale, so you can see why I didn’t know :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: I got into her performances like a year ago, and as Y2K continues to become more camp among Gen Z, her popularity will continue to grow with us. 

Also, I heard some of my Gen Alpha second graders singing Gimme More last Friday. Truly a inter generational artist!

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, canyouhandlemytruth said:

I honestly didn’t know Britney is such a good performer and has such a warm personality. The earliest Britney era I remember was Femme Fatale, so you can see why I didn’t know :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: I got into her performances like a year ago, and as Y2K continues to become more camp among Gen Z, her popularity will continue to grow with us. 

Also, I heard some of my Gen Alpha second graders singing Gimme More last Friday. Truly a inter generational artist!

Wow, it has to be fantastic seeing her most iconic performances and also the underrated ones for the first time... You have to check every tour (crazy, oops, dead, and onyx are full of hard choreography and personalityney)... Enjoy!

• Love 3

Y'all know Gen Z includes like ppl over like 12, but under like 28/27?? I'm 24...grow up with Britney like the millennials and gen x... I LOVED her. VHS copies of Vegas and her videos, were religiously watched. She was like...a huge part of my upbringing, I feel like I may have also seen all her OG VMA performances live. I remember the kiss...and the radio (in Canada!) was going wild abt it lol..tht gagged me! Circus era and Femme Fatale era were very GP popular here as well. I've always loved Britney and I know on twitter she has fans tht are Gen Z too...like late teens, early 20s. I just always knew her, and during some eras I was not super stan-y, I always loved her music...like I have an original 2007 copy of the Blackout CD..it was a gift. I loved BTI and the anime vibe. Circus? Not really my thing at the time, but nobody can deny the impact of tht album (pretty much the proto-Gaga!)

• Love 4

I remember being vaguely exposed to bomt on the tv when I was 3/4 and liking it.  Wasn't till like im gonna say 1999 or 2000 I was about 5 or 6 and the music video for bomt would play  on mtv a lot. I would put on mtv just to wait for them to play it. I always been naturally infatuated with her I felt like I was watching a goddess.  I became a hardcore stan during the breakdown because I felt like one of her protectors lmao 

• Love 4

I was born in 1999 and grew up watching Zoey 101 so I really knew Jamie Lynn first actually. I knew her sister was Britney Spears and that she was a singer (I mean everyone at least knew of her since she was such a household name), and had heard the song baby one more time of course. But since I was only a baby/toddler during her peak era she wasn't a big part of my childhood. I really only knew Britney as the the celeb who "went crazy" and shaved her head and "fell off." My perception of her was basically all of the press and jokes that were made about her in 2007. Then I remember hearing Circus and womanizer when I was about 10 and liked the songs, so one day I started looking up her old stuff, music videos & performances on youtube and suddenly realized how iconic she actually is! Been a stan since.

• Love 6

2006 Baby here and many of her songs were part of my childhood lol. I still remember jamming to 'If You Seek Amy', 'Criminal' and 'Toxic' when I was much younger, so I pretty much knew her. However, it wasn't until 2018 that I really decided to venture into her music which really helped me during that time because 2018 was a rough year 4 me. Since then, I have been a stan :=) 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, It'sBeenAWhile said:

I've always been a Britney fan, but probably didn't officially join the Army until 2013 when Perfume was released.

I remember everyone crapping on Britney's vocals around this era but when I heard Perfume, I was really impressed with the way she sounded and it made me rediscover Britney's discography, which made me an ultra stan.

Nope, that's still millennial.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, It'sBeenAWhile said:

You are same age as me, but I got exposed to her since the beginning luckily. 

I was born in 2001 and I grew up in a Turkish household. In the 2000s, the Turkish version of MTV was full with **** pop songs that are very reminiscent of Britney's work in the early and mid 2000s. When I got older, I got detached from Turkish pop music and started listening to almost exclusively English artists. Toxic and Work ***** were some of the first songs of her that I really loved and played on repeat, but I didn't really stan her yet or knew much about her, I just appreciated the bops.

This changed until late 2019/early 2020, when I started diving into her discography, videos and stage performances and I completely fell in love with her. Primeney was everything I loved in a pop star, and still is. And in retrospect a lot of the Turkish pop music that I grew up with was DEFINIELY inspired by her (and Madonna but thats another point).

• Love 3